Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Doug Marrone: 'Hold on' with lofty praise for Jags' D

Doug Marrone: 'Hold on' with lofty praise for Jags' D

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...for-jags-d

The Jaguars have been very impressive when it comes to getting to the quarterback this year, becoming the first team since the 1984 Bears to record multiple double-digit sack games in one season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

"...a defense that could be special as the year goes on."

I like how he ended with that. ^

"We still got a long way to go but I'm happy with the direction that we're going."

That is exactly what coaches should say.

I'm confused

The last 4 seasons we sucked and our head coach was hyping it up (with regard to progress)

This season we have a top defense and our coach is attempting to cool it down

LIFE IS SO GOOD !!! 

I like Marrone's message so far. I was getting a little frustrated with him in preseason but I'm over that and pretty happy with what he has done so far. I also enjoy Burleson on that show.

Very good interview

(10-24-2017, 07:29 PM)Takedakai Wrote: I like Marrone's message so far.  I was getting a little frustrated with him in preseason but I'm over that and pretty happy with what he has done so far.  I also enjoy Burleson on that show.

Why were you frustrated with Doug Marrone in preseason?

I thoroughly enjoyed the interview.

Among other things, I liked the way he gave credit to the LBs for underneath coverage. All of the talk has been about the pass rush and the secondary, but the underneath coverage is just as important.

I also liked the way he gave kudos to Campbell for his praise of the coverage.

If Marrone can figure out the consistency thing with this team...

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-24-2017, 09:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I thoroughly enjoyed the interview.

Among other things, I liked the way he gave credit to the LBs for underneath coverage.  All of the talk has been about the pass rush and the secondary, but the underneath coverage is just as important.

I also liked the way he gave kudos to Campbell for his praise of the coverage.

If Marrone can figure out the consistency thing with this team...

The media does not talk enough about our linebackers. If you ask people to name their top five OLBs, how many of them would include Telvin Smith? Doug Marrone is going to make Telvin Smith a household name if it isn't one already.

We do have consistency in pass defense and protection. Consistency in the kicking game is to be expected after seeing Josh Lambo's first game as a Jaguar.