Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug Marrone interview on GMFB

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I really like this guy. He is always in jags gear and he is a master at mind games. Even the whole Cam Robinson injury thing. He ain’t saying anything. The bengals will have to take time to prepare for both Robinson and Wells. Simple things like that to exposing any edge you can get over you opponent. Definitely on the Marrone bus.

I love having this guy as a head coach. He is much better at playing to our strengths and making adjustments.

(10-24-2017, 04:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...for-jags-d

Was gonna post that but its only 2 1/2 minutes of the interview.  The other is the full interview

(10-24-2017, 04:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-24-2017, 04:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...for-jags-d

Was gonna post that but its only 2 1/2 minutes of the interview.  The other is the full interview

Ahhh, I must have clicked the wrong vid after following your link, as I didn't see the Burleson bit in it.

Good interview. He jokes around in it which is cool, but I get a sense that you don't really wanna cross him

Refreshing hearing coherent conversations from our head coach. Great guy and an even better coach. There is something about Marrone that makes you a believer in what he is doing around here, and I must say as of now, we made the right call going with him.

All hail the sandbag king.

(10-25-2017, 05:22 AM)JagSwag Wrote: All hail the sandbag king.

He’s not sandbagging wins at home, that’s for sure.

One of the criticisms of him in Buffalo was he was very stand-offish with the media.

Seems he's made a big effort to become more media friendly. Honestly he's made the post game and mid week interviews very interesting to me because Doug usually explains his thought process pretty clearly. Minor details but still important. For instance this week he talked about Josh Lambo and he straight up said those kicks off weren't good enough and he'll be working on them all through the next two weeks.

Another point he made was that the development of the practice squad is a crucial feature to him. He has a heavy involvement with them and tries make sure they all know what they need to do get better.

Hated the hire but he's doing and saying all the right things.

(10-25-2017, 07:02 AM)JackCity Wrote: One of the criticisms of him in Buffalo was he was very stand-offish with the media.  

Seems he's made a big effort to become more media friendly. Honestly he's made the post game and mid week interviews very interesting to me because Doug usually explains his thought process pretty clearly. Minor details but still important. For instance this week he talked about Josh Lambo and he straight up said those kicks off weren't good enough and he'll be working on them all through the next two weeks.  

Another point he made was that the development of the practice squad is a crucial feature to him. He has a heavy involvement with them and tries make sure they all know what they need to do get better.  

Plus he wasn’t happy in Buffalo. His exit was testimony to that.

(10-25-2017, 07:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 07:02 AM)JackCity Wrote: One of the criticisms of him in Buffalo was he was very stand-offish with the media.  

Plus he wasn’t happy in Buffalo. His exit was testimony to that.

Was 100% the right move for him to leave when he did. Looking at the QBs he had to play with makes you glad of Bortles in a way...

He's actually gone into some pretty deep water in two or three of his pressers explaining his philosophy on different aspects of the team, the gameplan, and his approach to position groups. 
I've found him to be more informative than most coaches I've paid any real attention to previously.

Marrone is probably my favorite Jags coach yet. Including TC.

I'm talking about personality wise of course. Not seriously comparing Doug's accolades to that of TC really... just his mannerisms and how he's never seeming too high or too low. Very even keeled. Honest. Seems to have earned the respect of the team fairly quickly and is truly learning.

I've always thought that teams that get the HC who is in his 2nd stint always end up with a better version of the previous model.
JDR in Oakland, Doug here, Pete Carrol in Seattle (2nd stint was better, now on 3rd and not going anywhere), Dungy... Hell even Coughlin himself did better his 2nd time around, although... he didn't do too bad during his first HC go.
We're getting Marrone after he's learned a bit from being in Buffalo and then sitting and watching everything not to do from Bradley.

(10-25-2017, 07:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Plus he wasn’t happy in Buffalo. His exit was testimony to that.

During the NFL Scouting Combine Doug Marrone said he regrets the way he left Buffalo.

(10-25-2017, 10:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

He's actually gone into some pretty deep water in two or three of his pressers explaining his philosophy on different aspects of the team, the gameplan, and his approach to position groups. 
I've found him to be more informative than most coaches I've paid any real attention to previously.

Very refreshing compared to Bradley who didn't really say anything in his pressers. That seems to be the standard around the league too. Belichick when asked the right things is a goldmine of info.

(10-25-2017, 12:30 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 10:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: He's actually gone into some pretty deep water in two or three of his pressers explaining his philosophy on different aspects of the team, the gameplan, and his approach to position groups. 

Very refreshing compared to Bradley who didn't really say anything in his pressers. That seems to be the standard around the league too. Belichick when asked the right things is a goldmine of info.

I have discovered that, at least with the Jaguars, the last press conference of the season provides a great deal of insight as to what areas the team wants to address in the offseason.  I would rely on that more than the pre draft press conferences and talk.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-25-2017, 01:09 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 12:30 PM)JackCity Wrote: Very refreshing compared to Bradley who didn't really say anything in his pressers. That seems to be the standard around the league too. Belichick when asked the right things is a goldmine of info.

I have discovered that, at least with the Jaguars, the last press conference of the season provides a great deal of insight as to what areas the team wants to address in the offseason.  I would rely on that more than the pre-draft press conferences and talk.

Both pressers are important. Much less will change in 6-8 weeks than in 6-8 months.

After seeing our progress this year, I'm learning that I trust Tom Coughlin as much as I do my own wife. He can do anything he wants as far as I'm concerned.