Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** NBA 2017 Season Thread ***

Figured I would start a new thread for a new season.  About to watch my Magic make it 3-1 tonight.  Vuc has been a monster so far early in the season.  Hopefully he can keep it up

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Aaron Gordon 41 points !! I know it was the Nets but it was still a nice win.

Sixers on TV tonight. They're very intriguing and the fact that Embid hasn't gotten hurt YET makes them kind of fun to watch.

Gordon had a career game, that 3 at the end was clutch. Fun team to watch

Ben Simmons is amazing.

Joel Embiid is still awesome.

TJ McConnell is the GOAT

My Pacers cant play 4th quarter defense :S
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

My Wolves 7-1 when Butler plays..

I didn't see this thread and started a different one. But I deleted and will now contribute to this one. Some thoughts on the early season.

1. Magic are much better than expected, but are they for real? 8-5 at this point and 3rd seed in the East. Wins have slowed down, but the Magic kind of look like a 0.500 + team. All the 'young talent' we have been collecting for years is starting to actually get good. 

2. Shout out to my favorite scrowling big man Boogie. Pelicans slightly over 0.500 and it looks like he might get to go to the playoffs finally.

3. LeBron's Cavs off to another terrible start. We all expect him to turn it on at the end of the season to get in the playoffs, but I am wondering if the east is finally getting good enough for that tactic to backfire - Probably not, but we will see.

4. Is Devin Booker for real? Or is this kid a classic volume scorer on a bad team? I have been looking at him since his 70 point game last season, and I am leaning towards him being the later (volume scorer), but he is decently efficient. Do any of you think he is legit?

5. Ball - hes okay, definitely is having an impact, and is overrated. DeAngelo Russel is scoring a lot more for the nets, but I do think Ball is a better fit with all the rebounding and assists. Not sure this guy is a star tho. 

6. My favorite 2 underdogs (well after the Magic) the Timberwolves and Sixers finally look like they will get into the playoffs. Its amazing that with all the young talent those teams have that they don't do better. And then teams that I don't think are very good still playing tough and getting wins (Portland, Grizzlies, Utah)

Seems like the NBA is having an up year after all. No truly terrible teams, and only a couple 'elite' ones. TV ratings up across the board so far (look NFL, you aren't doing better than everyone else). Put your thoughts in here.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

46/15/7/7 for Embiid

first statline like that in nba history

Since everyone is saying "my". I'll say my Celtics are off to a good start with a 16 game winning streak. Third overall pick Jason Tatum looks like a player while #1 Markelle Fultz has been shelved and #2 L. Ball isn't exactly lighting it up.

Danny Ainge put together a pretty good team. Too bad they lost Gordon Hayward in game 1. Kyrie Irving is a star.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(11-23-2017, 04:09 PM)PF* Wrote: Since everyone is saying "my". I'll say my Celtics are off to a good start with a 16 game winning streak. Third overall pick Jason Tatum looks like a player while #1 Markelle Fultz has been shelved and #2 L. Ball isn't exactly lighting it up.

Danny Ainge put together a pretty good team. Too bad they lost Gordon Hayward in game 1. Kyrie Irving is a star.

I would rain on your parade about the Celtics losing. But losing a game or two is nothing compared to the 8 straight losses the Magic have had since I made my last post. They almost fooled me into believing they would win more than 30 games this season. Undecided

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(11-23-2017, 04:09 PM)PF* Wrote: Since everyone is saying "my". I'll say my Celtics are off to a good start with a 16 game winning streak. Third overall pick Jason Tatum looks like a player while #1 Markelle Fultz has been shelved and #2 L. Ball isn't exactly lighting it up.

Doesn't seem possible with that roster. Pretty amazing

My Memphis Grizzlies fired head coach David Fizdale. Not sure I agree with the decision at all.

(11-27-2017, 06:20 PM)Brett Wrote: My Memphis Grizzlies fired head coach David Fizdale. Not sure I agree with the decision at all.

Lebron needs answers to this move even though he gets coaches replaced when they are 1st in the conference .... LOL

(11-28-2017, 03:59 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 06:20 PM)Brett Wrote: My Memphis Grizzlies fired head coach David Fizdale. Not sure I agree with the decision at all.

Lebron needs answers to this move even though he gets coaches replaced when they are 1st in the conference .... LOL

Lol right? And ESPN was sure to also let us know that Dwayne Wade didn't approve of the move. Who cares what those two think?

Love Fidale as a coach

On the Celtics- Jaylen Brown and Jason Tatum have played well, both could be stars. For a rookie, Tatum isn't shy about anything, I see a little Paul Pierce in him when he heads to the hoop. Al Horford is inconsistent, IMO, as is Marcus Smart. Smart, however, is always on the floor at crunch time as he has a knack for forcing a turnover or making a big play.

Fun team to watch so far.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Anyone watch that Thunder-76ers game last night that went into 3 OT? Pretty entertaining.

GO PACERS
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Wow the Magic almost fooled me big time. They are looking like a cellar dweller and Oladipo is looking like an all star for the pacers (such a dumb trade Hennigan!).

OTH Memphis is as bad as I thought they were and Utah is down that path too. Portland still looks like a low seed tho.

Cavs have come on strong tho. I also have enjoyed some of Lebrons recent comments on winning and losing in the finals. He finally seems like the guy I used to think he was ten years ago and I am glad. He was more enjoyable to watch back then.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I think KD is becoming my least favorite player in the league. He whines so much Draymond Green is starting to look quiet. Arrogant is not even the word for him.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2018, 06:14 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

LOL .....  3 months later.  WILL WE EVER GET TO PAGE 2