Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Remaining UFAs

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2017, 12:20 AM by jagsfreak27.)

With Telvin done that's leaves A-Rob, Colvin, Lee, Poz,and Omameh still to be dealt with. I think we see all return with the possible exception of Lee and Poz. Colvin may want a chance to play outside, but I would do everything in my power to retain him if I'm the Jags.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Figure A-Rob will be back on a prove-it deal, Omameh on the type of deals we've seen them hand out to Wartford and Bernadeau the past two seasons, and Poz on a cheap deal to stay in his current role.

Unfortunately, Colvin is going to get paid like an outside corner and will get something from that team that we can't give him; a starting role. As to Lee, receivers make a decent amount on the market and I don't think we'll pay it considering we'll have A-Rob and Hurns on big deals. Not to mention that we drafted Westbrook, who should play a similar role in our offense.

(10-26-2017, 12:25 AM)Tuxedo Wrote: Figure A-Rob will be back on a prove-it deal, Omameh on the type of deals we've seen them hand out to Wartford and Bernadeau the past two seasons, and Poz on a cheap deal to stay in his current role.

Unfortunately, Colvin is going to get paid like an outside corner and will get something from that team that we can't give him; a starting role. As to Lee, receivers make a decent amount on the market and I don't think we'll pay it considering we'll have A-Rob and Hurns on big deals. Not to mention that we drafted Westbrook, who should play a similar role in our offense.

I'd like to see Poz back on a small deal worth no more than 3 mil per. He's been a good guy for a long time and I think he could extend his career here and still be effective for a couple more seasons in his current role. You may be right about Colvin, but I'm holding out hope we find a way to keep this secondary together, even if we have to pay 3 CBs starter money. Honestly I'd rather have Lee than Hurns. It will be a very interesting off-season in Jax to say the least.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

(10-26-2017, 12:31 AM)jagsfreak27 Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 12:25 AM)Tuxedo Wrote: Figure A-Rob will be back on a prove-it deal, Omameh on the type of deals we've seen them hand out to Wartford and Bernadeau the past two seasons, and Poz on a cheap deal to stay in his current role.

I'd like to see Poz back on a small deal worth no more than 3 mil per. He's been a good guy for a long time and I think he could extend his career here and still be effective for a couple more seasons in his current role. You may be right about Colvin, but I'm holding out hope we find a way to keep this secondary together, even if we have to pay 3 CBs starter money. Honestly I'd rather have Lee than Hurns. It will be a very interesting off-season in Jax to say the least.

I think Poz comes back on less $ and plays a few more seasons and retires (at least I'd like to see it).  Colvin had been just a guy the last couple of seasons.  He's been GREAT this year, much improved.  I just don't know if that'll warrant a big contract.  I'd love to see him extended as well, just not overpaid and jeopardize some of the up and coming stars (Ramsey, Ngoukue, etc.) down the road.

I know at some point they'll have to let someone go that we wish they didn't.  But, I think DC and the front office are doing a great job and will figure out how to keep players we need on fair/good contracts.

Why would anybody want Lee Butterfingers over Huns, who already is playing on a big contract extension? I want Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, Dede Westbrook, a Pro Bowl WR.

(10-26-2017, 01:14 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Why would anybody want Lee Butterfingers over Huns, who already is playing on a big contract extension? I want Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, Dede Westbrook, a Pro Bowl WR.

What has Hurns done that's so impressive? Not hating, just saying. He's not a 7 mil a yr type of player. Lee can stretch the field and has played much better in recent weeks.

Hurns has a 1000 and 10 under his belt. He has been the most consistent of all WRs.

Arob is our clear cut number 1.

Lee is the one that won't be back. And I foresee Westbrook as an Odell Beckham type WR. Also I would put Poz on a 2 years deal. He's valuable incase Jack or Smith go down. Colvin will probably go to Green Bay. Omeneh will probably get a decent 3 year deal.

Arob and Omameh are the only two I would hate to lose. I think Colvin is good as gone and the team will decide between letting Marqise walk or extending him and cutting Hurns now that he has no dead money.

Folks, Allen Hurns is not getting cut. Lee is pretty much been the odd man out ever since Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns both went over 1k yards and 10 TDs.

Lee has had many costly drops and his best statistical season has been 800 yards and 3 TDs.

Then we go out and draft a gritty, quick, and trail blazing guy in DD Westbrook.

Lee is only getting snaps because Arob is hurt and DD has been waiting for week 9. Cole has shown flashes too. So as soon as we are back to full strength, it will most likely be Lee that becomes the odd man out. It ain't gonna be Hurns.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2017, 02:41 AM by jessepeck1213.)

I think we bring back A-Rob and Omehmeh. Colvin and Lee leave for greener pastures, while poz gets put out to pasture.

(10-26-2017, 01:23 AM)jagsfreak27 Wrote: What has Hurns done that's so impressive? Not hating, just saying. He's not a 7 mil a yr type of player. Lee can stretch the field and has played much better in recent weeks.

Lee has always been very good at dropping passes. Even last year, he often could not catch balls in one on one coverage. I know Hurns is not great, but he is more reliable than Lee.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2017, 08:23 AM by BlueEyedJag.)

I would love to hold onto them all but most realistic scenario is:

Arob- Tagged

Omameh - 2 year incentive heavy deal that will become a long term extension if he proves his play again next year.

Poz - 2 year low income deal or retire...jags/no other team are going to pay him much and he has a role in this amazing D.

Lee/Colvin - get paid more to be starters than Jags want to pay.

I would prefer to keep Colvin over Lee but these are the tough roster moves we have to make...maybe we will finally get a compensatory pick next year...

Arob and Colvin will hopefully stay.

Everyone else is replaceable.

(10-26-2017, 08:43 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Arob and Colvin will hopefully stay.

Everyone else is replaceable.

Why should we replace Poz?

A-Rob - I would look at a franchise tag here. He will want a long term big money contract. But he has not earned it. Franchise tag is the best option for both parties
Colvin - Colvin is a resign IF the money he wants is not stupid high. I am afraid he his going to want starter money. Jags cant afford to pay him starter money in a long term deal. Could maybe do a two year deal at a higher-end price. Otherwise let him go. You can easily find guy who do what he does. Especially with the two studs we have locking down WR's.
Lee - Time to let Lee go. Lee had a good year last year and that's about it. DeDe and Hurns can handle his role.
Poz - Poz has been a Jag for a long time now and a great Jag. I will always respect him and appreciate what he has done for us through all the bad years. I think this is his last year as a Jag. I would love to see him accept a 1 or 2 year low price deal but I know that wont happen. Jags probably will not offer him any deals.
Omameh - He has been pretty decent so far this year. I would hate to let him go and then potentially open up a revolving door at that position. This deal is all about the money. How much does he want and is it to much. I think resigning him needs to be considered. (This goes without knowing what the free agent market is at his position)

My guess tho is next season out of these 5 guys we keep only two. Most likely A-Rob and Omameh but we will see.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

I'd really hate to see Marquise move on to another team. While his production hasn't always been there, I've always thought his talent was the best on the team. This year we're seeing him produce well.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

I see a lot of people talking about cutting Hurns. Its not going to happen. At least not next season. I think 2018 season is his final season of getting guaranteed money but I could be wrong. Plus Hurns is not a bad WR.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(10-26-2017, 01:14 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Why would anybody want Lee Butterfingers over Huns, who already is playing on a big contract extension? I want Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, Dede Westbrook, a Pro Bowl WR.

I am liking Lee more and more.  It depends on what kind of contract he wants. 

I'm not sure Hurns is living up to his contract.  Right now, through 7 games, he has 26 catches for 345 yards.   That projects to 60 catches for 788 yards.

(10-26-2017, 08:53 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: A-Rob - I would look at a franchise tag here. He will want a long term big money contract. But he has not earned it. Franchise tag is the best option for both parties
Colvin - Colvin is a re-sign IF the money he wants is not stupid high. I am afraid he his going to want starter money. Jags can't afford to pay him starter money in a long term deal. Could maybe do a two year deal at a higher-end price. Otherwise let him go. You can easily find guy who do what he does. Especially with the two studs we have locking down WRs.
Lee - Time to let Lee go. Lee had a good year last year and that's about it. Dede and Hurns can handle his role.
Poz - Poz has been a Jag for a long time now and a great Jag. I will always respect him and appreciate what he has done for us through all the bad years. I think this is his last year as a Jag. I would love to see him accept a 1 or 2 year low price deal but I know that wont happen. Jags probably will not offer him any deals.
Omameh - He has been pretty decent so far this year. I would hate to let him go and then potentially open up a revolving door at that position. This deal is all about the money. How much does he want and is it to much. I think resigning him needs to be considered. (This goes without knowing what the free agent market is at his position)

My guess tho is next season out of these 5 guys we keep only two. Most likely A-Rob and Omameh but we will see.

Aaron Colvin's job is not exactly the same as that of the two studs. When we are in nickel formations, he is fine as the third CB. I hope he does not want to be overpaid.

Have you seen any hints the Jags don't want to re-sign Poz?

I like Omameh for now, but if an upgrade is available in free agency, I want that guy to come here.

AR15 and Omameh will be back, imo.
Colvin could be back if he doesn't get too big of an offer somewhere else... but he likely will.

I don't see Poz or Lee here next year. (I know a lot of people think Poz is still serviceable but I think he leaves to man up MLB full time for some traditional 4-3 team. Just a guess. A discount deal to finish his career here wouldn't surprise me or upset me though)