Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Remaining UFAs

(10-26-2017, 02:27 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Then we go out and draft a gritty, quick, and trail blazing guy in DD Westbrook.

Lee is only getting snaps because Arob is hurt and DD has been waiting for week 9. Cole has shown flashes too. So as soon as we are back to full strength, it will most likely be Lee that becomes the odd man out. It ain't gonna be Hurns.

This will be helpful when we go out West.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-26-2017, 08:53 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 08:43 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Arob and Colvin will hopefully stay.

Everyone else is replaceable.

Why should we replace Poz?
Because he's old and slow.

(10-26-2017, 08:53 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 08:43 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Arob and Colvin will hopefully stay.

Everyone else is replaceable.

Why should we replace Poz?

Cause his role has been diminished and not worth the 6M a year. 

While I would be happy to have him back for 3M~ year for his presence in the locker room/sideline alone he just isn't going to be a huge impact guy for us anymore.  The LB corp is Smith/Jack for a majority of the snaps and why Colvin will be the piece we miss the most if/when he leaves for more $$.

(10-26-2017, 10:28 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 08:53 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Why should we replace Poz?

Cause his role has been diminished and not worth the 6M a year. 

While I would be happy to have him back for 3M~ year for his presence in the locker room/sideline alone he just isn't going to be a huge impact guy for us anymore.  The LB corp is Smith/Jack for a majority of the snaps and why Colvin will be the piece we miss the most if/when he leaves for more $$.
Take that 3 million you wanna give Poz and add it to Colvins contract.

I repeat, has anybody in the organization indicated they don't want to keep Poz next year?

(10-26-2017, 11:23 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I repeat, has anybody in the organization indicated they don't want to keep Poz next year?
It's not hard to read between the lines here.

He's old, he's not playing very much and our LBs are built on speed.

They don't have to say "Hey, We don't want Poz back next year. K?" for people to see he's on the way out.

(10-26-2017, 11:25 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 11:23 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I repeat, has anybody in the organization indicated they don't want to keep Poz next year?
It's not hard to read between the lines here.

They don't have to say "Hey, We don't want Poz back next year. K?" for people to see he's on the way out.

To read between the lines, you need something to read. I have not heard or read anything.

Has anybody in the organization indicated they don't want to keep Ivory next year?

One can pretty easily infer that with the Salary cap hit and having Fournette/Yeldon/Grant on the roster he becomes expendable.

We are getting to the point where we are resigning our own draft picks so we wont be #1 in the league with salary cap space anymore so we can't just spend it because we "have to"

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2017, 11:28 AM by Kane. Edit Reason: grammer )

Do organizations usually telegraph what they intend to do in the upcoming offseasons?

Nope. Nobody knew Telvin's deal was getting done, until it was done.
I don't think TC or Caldwell are gonna come out in week 7 and say "well next year we will be moving on from player a, b and x"

Poz is a great guy and a solid player. But his role is limited. Poz will stick around if he is willing to take a reduced contract. If he still believes he can play the mike and start for a team he's gonna wanna walk anyway. If he knows his time is limited maybe he takes the discount to stick around...

Poz isn't a future piece though. Anyone can see that, which is why there is a lot of speculation about him not being a Jag next year.

(10-26-2017, 11:26 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 11:25 AM)Frailbones Wrote: It's not hard to read between the lines here.

To read between the lines, you need something to read. I have not heard or read anything.
Christ.

I'm not actually reading anything. I'm looking at the role Poz is currently playing and how he's not really being used. Therefore, I'm coming to the conclusion that they will not pay an old and slow LB to be on a fast moving defense.

Do you like having discussions like this every day?

(10-26-2017, 12:17 AM)jagsfreak27 Wrote: With Telvin done that's leaves A-Rob, Colvin, Lee, Poz,and Omameh still to be dealt with. 

WR:
A-Rob and Lee are tricky and I believe they'll let the season play out. Lee is a ridiculously talented receiver who was previously suffering from bad QB play. This year his QB has had a couple of better games, but Lee started the season with a bad case of "the dropsies."  How he finishes the season will be key. 
(Interesting note to those bringing Hurns into the equation: Last year it was Hurns with the high percentage of drops and Lee with a very low percentage of drops. This year they flipped.) 

Lee will have to show out to fend off Westbrook just straight taking his spot. This also depends on what Westbrook shows. If he shows he can beat the jam - he may be developed into the slot guy. Right now he seems more apt to play the Z. Which is Lee's natural position. It's a good problem to have.

A-Rob will get an offer. I just have no idea how they'll approach it and will depend on reports from his doctors, so that one is very up in the air right now.

Nickel-Back:
Colvin has looked great in his contract year thus far. I think they'll want to see that continue before putting together an offer.  With Bouye on a blockbuster deal and Jalen sure to command one down the road - I don't think Colvin gets a huge offer and he may elect to move on.  I could see them offering 4 years with a total contract around $20 mil or so if they can massage that into their spending plan. The team may just elect to develop a player on his rookie deal to save money here. You have to consider the fact that the nickel is not on the field for all the defensive snaps and he's essentially number 3 at his position. 

Poz and Omameh should receive mid-tier contracts. For different reasons. 
Poz - because he's aging and his role has been diminished. 
Omameh - because he's not the long term answer at LG and will likely become depth down the road.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2017, 12:48 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-26-2017, 11:27 AM)Kane Wrote: Do organizations usually telegraph what they intend to do in the upcoming offseasons?

I don't think TC or Caldwell are gonna come out in week 7 and say "well next year we will be moving on from player a, b and x"

Poz is a great guy and a solid player. But his role is limited. Poz will stick around if he is willing to take a reduced contract. If he still believes he can play the Mike and start for a team he's gonna wanna walk anyway. If he knows his time is limited maybe he takes the discount to stick around...

Poz isn't a future piece though. Anyone can see that, which is why there is a lot of speculation about him not being a Jag next year.

That is why I used the word indicated. There are times when I can read between the lines. This is not one of them. Remember coaches moved Poz back to MLB after a failed attempt to put Myles Jack there, which proves they strongly believe #51 is the best guy we have at that position. If Poz likes being a Jaguar, he will accept a pay cut. Of course I know he will not be a "future piece." That does not mean we should let him walk and have nobody good to back up a free agent or rookie.

(10-26-2017, 12:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 11:27 AM)Kane Wrote: Do organizations usually telegraph what they intend to do in the upcoming offseasons?

Poz is a great guy and a solid player. But his role is limited. Poz will stick around if he is willing to take a reduced contract. If he still believes he can play the Mike and start for a team he's gonna wanna walk anyway. If he knows his time is limited maybe he takes the discount to stick around...

That is why I used the word indicated. There are times when I can read between the lines. This is not one of them. Remember coaches moved Poz back to MLB after a failed attempt to put Myles Jack there, which proves they strongly believe #51 is the best guy we have at that position. If Poz likes being a Jaguar, he will accept a pay cut. Of course I know he will not be a "future piece." That does not mean we should let him walk and have nobody good to back up a free agent or rookie.
So they think Poz is the best but yet he rarely plays? How does that make any sense?

(10-26-2017, 01:27 PM)Frailbones Wrote: So they think Poz is the best but yet he rarely plays? How does that make any sense?

I said coaches must think Poz is the best MLB on our roster because he is still the starter every week. I don't know where you get "rarely plays" from. That would mean he's a backup every week.

(10-26-2017, 01:27 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 12:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: That is why I used the word indicated. There are times when I can read between the lines. This is not one of them. Remember coaches moved Poz back to MLB after a failed attempt to put Myles Jack there, which proves they strongly believe #51 is the best guy we have at that position. If Poz likes being a Jaguar, he will accept a pay cut. Of course I know he will not be a "future piece." That does not mean we should let him walk and have nobody good to back up a free agent or rookie.
So they think Poz is the best but yet he rarely plays? How does that make any sense?

To be fair, they clearly do believe he is the best MLB on the roster vs. the run or they wouldn't bother using such an unorthodox approach with he and Myles.

(10-26-2017, 01:27 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 12:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: That is why I used the word indicated. There are times when I can read between the lines. This is not one of them. Remember coaches moved Poz back to MLB after a failed attempt to put Myles Jack there, which proves they strongly believe #51 is the best guy we have at that position. If Poz likes being a Jaguar, he will accept a pay cut. Of course I know he will not be a "future piece." That does not mean we should let him walk and have nobody good to back up a free agent or rookie.

Look, everyone likes Poz. No one is rooting for Poz to be gone. But we understand that Poz does not really fit the scheme anymore. The odds of them re-signing him are small. Would signing Poz again add value to the team? Sure it would but at what price are you willing to pay a guy for a small % of playing time.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(10-26-2017, 01:36 PM)Browntrouser Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 01:27 PM)Frailbones Wrote: So they think Poz is the best but yet he rarely plays? How does that make any sense?

Look, everyone likes Poz. No one is rooting for Poz to be gone. But we understand that Poz does not really fit the scheme anymore. The odds of them re-signing him are small. Would signing Poz again add value to the team? Sure it would, but at what price are you willing to pay a guy for a small % of playing time?

Backup money.

(10-26-2017, 01:34 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

I said coaches must think Poz is the best MLB on our roster because he is still the starter every week. I don't know where you get "rarely plays" from. That would mean he's a backup every week.
I said rarely plays because he's only playing 29% of the snaps on defense. That means 71% of the time, he's not on the field.  If they thought he was the best MLB on the team, then why is he only on the field 29% of the time?

It's because he's old, slow and replaceable for next year.

(10-26-2017, 11:26 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 11:25 AM)Frailbones Wrote: It's not hard to read between the lines here.

the only time you will hear that a team is a bout to dump a player from a team is when they have openly tried to trade him with no interest, then you will know he won't be back...The teams do not announce who they are going to cut after the season ends while they are still playing meaningful games

(10-26-2017, 01:41 PM)wrong_box Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 11:26 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: To read between the lines, you need something to read. I have not heard or read anything.

The only time you will hear that a team is a bout to dump a player from a team is when they have openly tried to trade him with no interest, then you will know he won't be back...The teams do not announce who they are going to cut after the season ends while they are still playing meaningful games

NaVorro Bowman, anyone? He asked to be cut after seeing reduced playing time. The 49ers let everyone know about it before granting his wish.

Then there is Martavis Bryant, who wants to be traded before Halloween. Of course the Steelers had to go public about the issue when they declined to trade him.

So in fact there are exceptions to that.