Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Remaining UFAs

Colvin is going to get paid like how Davon House was paid, just scaled to this year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He will end up in GB

We run a lot of nickel. Can't afford to let Colvin go IMO
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

(10-26-2017, 04:12 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He will end up in GB

Why?

(10-26-2017, 11:12 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 10:28 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Cause his role has been diminished and not worth the 6M a year. 

While I would be happy to have him back for 3M~ year for his presence in the locker room/sideline alone he just isn't going to be a huge impact guy for us anymore.  The LB corp is Smith/Jack for a majority of the snaps and why Colvin will be the piece we miss the most if/when he leaves for more $$.
Take that 3 million you wanna give Poz and add it to Colvins contract.

I agree with you. Poz is yesterday's news, next year he'll be a year slower. It's time to let him go and move on, don't give in to sentimentality. Even if he took vet minimum, what would his role be?

On Colvin, nobody knows how anybody thinks. He may look at the guaranteed money and stay a part of the best secondary in the NFL as opposed to going to a new franchise with different coaches/players, etc. Maybe he likes it here.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

I feel like Colvin isn't special. Like we can upgrade.

(10-26-2017, 06:35 PM)haveaseat Wrote: I feel like Colvin isn't special. Like we can upgrade.

He is the best slot corner we have right now. If we upgrade that position, someone else should be cut.

(10-26-2017, 06:35 PM)haveaseat Wrote: I feel like Colvin isn't special. Like we can upgrade.

He is just two faced. When he can play near the LoS and cover receivers on shallow crossers/speed outs and play run support he is fairly special. When teams make him cover a guy downfield he is beat pretty regularly.

As long as he's in the slot it's hard to consistently make him pay downfield, though some teams will stick with it like the Titans did in the 2nd half. Someone will overpay him and make him a boundary corner though, and that probably won't go very well.

Actually, I think Poz retires after this season.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-26-2017, 07:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Actually, I think Poz retires after this season.

Maybe if no team signs him.

(10-26-2017, 07:01 PM)Upper Wrote:

He is just two faced. When he can play near the LoS and cover receivers on shallow crossers/speed outs and play run support he is fairly special. When teams make him cover a guy downfield he is beat pretty regularly.

As long as he's in the slot it's hard to consistently make him pay downfield, though some teams will stick with it like the Titans did in the 2nd half. Someone will overpay him and make him a boundary corner though, and that probably won't go very well.

This seems like a situation where Colvin leaves for FA on good terms.  Signs a nice contract elsewhere, and falls a bit flat.  Team cuts Colvin due to underperforming in new roll/ system.  Colvin comes back home and finishes his career.

I would take a flier on Sammy Watkins and or Davante Adams over Allen Robinson. We need more speed at the position.

(10-26-2017, 11:01 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: I would take a flier on Sammy Watkins and or Davante Adams over Allen Robinson. We need more speed at the position.

Sammy Watkins was just traded this year. Do you really think the Rams are going to bite the bait?

(10-26-2017, 11:01 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: I would take a flier on Sammy Watkins and or Davante Adams over Allen Robinson. We need more speed at the position.

lol. You have lost your mind!

Westbrook will have plenty of speed. Just FYI, speed isn't everything at the WR spot. Stop acting Arob ain't a beast. I know your a bottles lover but geezer Louiser!

Allen Robinson is a #1 receiver. The guy constantly draws double coverage and makes plays despite of it. You let him go and I promise you that you will be watching his highlights every week on tv. Dude is a monster. He will get paid.

I looked it up, and Poz has played 30% of our defensive snaps this year, while Colvin has played 69%.

Poz's cap hit is $5.2 million. So I think Poz will be gone after this season.

(10-27-2017, 05:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I looked it up, and Poz has played 30% of our defensive snaps this year, while Colvin has played 69%.

Poz's cap hit is $5.2 million. So I think Poz will be gone after this season.

Noting that Poz's contract is up at the end of the year...I'd say he will be gone at that price as well.

(10-26-2017, 11:12 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 10:28 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Cause his role has been diminished and not worth the 6M a year. 

While I would be happy to have him back for 3M~ year for his presence in the locker room/sideline alone he just isn't going to be a huge impact guy for us anymore.  The LB corp is Smith/Jack for a majority of the snaps and why Colvin will be the piece we miss the most if/when he leaves for more $$.
Take that 3 million you wanna give Poz and add it to Colvins contract.

While I would prefer to take what Lee would have been paid and make it offset Colvin's raise you have to take a look at the bigger picture and look at the contracts of the CBs alone.  Colvin is going to want outside corner money...

Bouye in the next 4 years is: 15.5M per year
Ramsey in the next 2 is: 6.3M and 7.4M and he will probably be getting a 20M a year deal in 3 years...

So if this D stays legit for the next 3 years Ramsey/Bouye alone will be 35+ million in cap
In that time span you will also be extending Yannick, DFJ, Jack.

(10-26-2017, 04:41 PM)PF* Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 11:12 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Take that 3 million you wanna give Poz and add it to Colvins contract.

I agree with you. Poz is yesterday's news, next year he'll be a year slower. It's time to let him go and move on, don't give in to sentimentality. Even if he took vet minimum, what would his role be?

On Colvin, nobody knows how anybody thinks. He may look at the guaranteed money and stay a part of the best secondary in the NFL as opposed to going to a new franchise with different coaches/players, etc. Maybe he likes it here.

Pretty easy question to answer.  His knowledge is like having another coach on the field and with the LBs everyday going through the same hard practices everyday.  Yea thats "a coaches job" but these guys listen better to a Veteran who they respect and who is sweating/grinding with them everyday.

Jack/Smith/Brown are all still young and learning they have great athletic ability but...having Poz with them everyday rubs off on what to look for/expect.  Don't ever underestimate the presence of a Veteran at a position with young studs there.

He would still be the 1st option off the event of an injury as Brown is still a question mark.

(10-27-2017, 12:21 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

lol. You have lost your mind!

Westbrook will have plenty of speed. Just FYI, speed isn't everything at the WR spot. Stop acting Arob ain't a beast. I know your a bottles lover but geezer Louiser!

It's no act. He's not a beast. He and Sammy Watkins are one in the same. Basically, one good year and then nothing. Given his record, it's just too risky to invest a lot of money into him.