Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Remaining UFAs

I'm fine losing colvin and Poz unless they want to come back at good team deals

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Colvin is the only UFA left on the team that I would try to re-sign right now, as long as he realizes his role and is willing to accept a contract which reflects that.

(10-27-2017, 10:22 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Colvin is the only UFA left on the team that I would try to re-sign right now, as long as he realizes his role and is willing to accept a contract which reflects that.

That is the hang up...

This is his 1st shot at big money as he was a 4th round pick that has only made 2.5M~ in 4 years...he is going to want to get paid.

He may very well flounder as an outside corner and not realize his "role" but that's not his issue...that's the team that pays him to be one.

(10-27-2017, 08:29 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: While I would prefer to take what Lee would have been paid and make it offset Colvin's raise you have to take a look at the bigger picture and look at the contracts of the CBs alone. Colvin is going to want outside corner money...

Bouye in the next 4 years is: 15.5M per year
Ramsey in the next 2 is: 6.3M and 7.4M and he will probably be getting a 20M a year deal in 3 years...

So if this D stays legit for the next 3 years Ramsey/Bouye alone will be 35+ million in cap
In that time span you will also be extending Yannick, DFJ, Jack.

What would Colvin's raise be if we keep him? I am sure Coughlin would not want to pay him outside corner money.

We will pick up Ramsey's fifth year option after this third season. That is a no-brainer.

(10-27-2017, 12:05 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-27-2017, 08:29 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: While I would prefer to take what Lee would have been paid and make it offset Colvin's raise you have to take a look at the bigger picture and look at the contracts of the CBs alone. Colvin is going to want outside corner money...

Bouye in the next 4 years is: 15.5M per year
Ramsey in the next 2 is: 6.3M and 7.4M and he will probably be getting a 20M a year deal in 3 years...

So if this D stays legit for the next 3 years Ramsey/Bouye alone will be 35+ million in cap
In that time span you will also be extending Yannick, DFJ, Jack.

What would Colvin's raise be if we keep him? I am sure Coughlin would not want to pay him outside corner money.

We will pick up Ramsey's fifth year option after this third season. That is a no-brainer.

I don't know how much but I'd say somewhere around 7M a year if I had to guess but I could be underestimating the market as I don't know what other CBs will be available.

Last year:
Captain Munnerlyn - Signed a 4 year/21 M Contract as a Slot CB.

Colvin will be younger than Captain was and be coming off a year as part of the #1 pass D so his hype will be high and of course a year later all contracts increase from the previous year.  Also He will probably say he is an outside corner so that teams should look at Dre Kirpatricks 10M a year contract instead of Captains.

(10-27-2017, 12:17 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: I don't know how much but I'd say somewhere around 7M a year if I had to guess but I could be underestimating the market as I don't know what other CBs will be available.

Last year:

Colvin will be younger than Captain was and be coming off a year as part of the #1 pass D so his hype will be high and of course a year later all contracts increase from the previous year.  Also He will probably say he is an outside corner so that teams should look at Dre Kirpatricks 10M a year contract instead of Captains.

Logan Ryan was the Pats slot CB and he got 3/30. I'd think he'll get closer to that 10 mil AAV considering Colvin's youth as you pointed out.

(10-27-2017, 01:05 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-27-2017, 12:17 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: I don't know how much but I'd say somewhere around 7M a year if I had to guess but I could be underestimating the market as I don't know what other CBs will be available.

Last year:

Logan Ryan was the Pats slot CB and he got 3/30. I'd think he'll get closer to that 10 mil AAV considering Colvin's youth as you pointed out.

So whats the opinion of keeping Colvin for 10M a year?

(10-27-2017, 02:17 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(10-27-2017, 01:05 PM)Upper Wrote: Logan Ryan was the Pats slot CB and he got 3/30. I'd think he'll get closer to that 10 mil AAV considering Colvin's youth as you pointed out.

I'd do it.

Roby, Talib and Harris seem to do just fine in Denver.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2017, 02:34 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-27-2017, 01:05 PM)Upper Wrote: Logan Ryan was the Pats slot CB and he got 3/30. I'd think he'll get closer to that 10 mil AAV considering Colvin's youth as you pointed out.

I feel really uncomfortable offering him that much money knowing Jalen Ramsey is making so much less. I really don't know if Colvin is quite as good as Ryan either. I'd feel much more comfortable with something in the $8-8.5 million per year range.

(10-27-2017, 02:28 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-27-2017, 02:17 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: So whats the opinion of keeping Colvin for 10M a year?
I'd do it.

Roby, Talib and Harris seem to do just fine in Denver.

He's not on that level at all. Talib and Harris are elite corners.

That would be a pricey NB, imo.

However, I'd be OK with it if this team manages the cap and signing Colvin to that sort of deal didn't hamper us down the road signing a QB and/or resigning guys due in the next season or two.

(10-27-2017, 02:44 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-27-2017, 02:17 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: So whats the opinion of keeping Colvin for 10M a year?

That would be a pricey NB, imo.

However, I'd be OK with it if this team manages the cap and signing Colvin to that sort of deal didn't hamper us down the road signing a QB and/or resigning guys due in the next season or two.

I just cant bring myself to justify 10M for a NB...

Jack and Yannick will be getting big raises while Colvin is on this extension.  DFJ will be getting extended if he keeps it up.  Thats 3 big D contracts that will be happening and I'd take all 3 of those guys over Colvin.

We have too many needs to be able to pay 10 mil for a nickelback.

(10-27-2017, 02:58 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(10-27-2017, 02:44 PM)Kane Wrote: That would be a pricey NB, imo.

I just cant bring myself to justify 10M for a NB...

Jack and Yannick will be getting big raises while Colvin is on this extension.  DFJ will be getting extended if he keeps it up.  Thats 3 big D contracts that will be happening and I'd take all 3 of those guys over Colvin.

Agreed... 10 mil is very steep for a NB 
however... the game today calls for the NB to be on the field a lot more than in days past. Like I said, if the team made the contract very team friendly but paid him well I wouldn't be mad at it.

But certainly not at the expense of resigning playmakers elsewhere. Colvin does his job and does it well but he isn't a game changer like Yannick, Jack, Ramsey and maybe some others

No thanks on Colvin @ 10 million a year. He's solid but not worth that. If Idzik does some magic where we just give him a lump early then maybe.

Adding Dareus makes our cap a lot less flexible now, for what that is worth.

With Dareus I dont see Lee or Colvin coming back...

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2017, 08:03 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-27-2017, 07:43 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: With Dareus I dont see Lee or Colvin coming back...

I see Colvin back, but Lee and ARob might be gone.

(10-27-2017, 07:25 PM)Upper Wrote: Adding Dareus makes our cap a lot less flexible now, for what that is worth.

But, he fills a MAJOR need.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2017, 08:14 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-27-2017, 08:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-27-2017, 07:43 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: With Dareus I dont see Lee or Colvin coming back...

I see Colvin back, but Lee and ARob might be gone.

(10-27-2017, 07:25 PM)Upper Wrote: Adding Dareus makes our cap a lot less flexible now, for what that is worth.

But, he fills a MAJOR need.

Colvin wont be back.  He will get more on the open market.

I think how Westbrook plays will help determine if we tag A Rob

I don't see Marcell Dareus affecting Allen Robinson's chances of being extended. Robinson is not a top dollar receiver teams would break the bank for.

https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/924078304428249088

The FA gravy train has definitely hit the brakes. At least the dumb "Jaguars always win FA" jokes will stop.