Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How's this for RESPECT? (vice sports merged threads)

(10-29-2017, 01:56 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: The national narrative about Blake Bortles is pretty skewed. When given time and a chance to run the offense he's looked pretty good most of the time. Not great but not as awful as the media seems to think. He had a dismal preseason and that seems to be what put him in the dog house. Last year was a completely different team and scheme.

Blake Bortles had an opportunity to throw for over 300 yards because Leonard Fournette was not available. He took advantage of a bad and banged up pass defense, but if LF wasn't hurt more run plays would have been called.

The national media knows Doug Marrone changed to a run-first scheme with Borltes being relegated to game manager because #5 can't carry the team with his right arm. Losing the C patch on his uniform certainly did not help matters. Where they go wrong is basing his ability to throw on numbers instead of the eye test while ignoring the absence of #15.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-24-2017, 02:02 AM)Eric1 Wrote: This team has yet to prove they can win back to back games. They play good one week, then play like complete dog [BLEEP] the next week. It has been a trend all season and I don't know if it'll change honestly. I hope it does though.

They've consistently seemed to have a great game plan one week, then act like they've never called a single game in their entire life the next week.

People need to chill on the playoff talk lol. Especially the stupid super bowl talk.

(10-24-2017, 12:17 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Outside of Blake Bortles and our run defense, our team has played extremely well, super bowl level well.. So I can see us getting there if Blake finally gets his act together... Or the run D figures it out. We can survive one or the other, but I think we would be a hard pick to win it all with a bad run defense AND a crummy QB.

Get the [BLEEP] over the Bortles hate and blame game. He has yet to cost us a single game this season. Penalties lost us the game vs the tacks. A couple missed run fits by the Defense cost us vs the Jets and Special Teams cost us vs the Rams.

You guys need to start watching more NFL football, because QB play league wide is god awful. Bortles isn't good, but he's not losing games for this team. No matter how badly you guys want to blame him.

To go even further beyond your point.  Bortles actually won the game vs the Jets only to have the refs call back the game winning td.  Then in Overtime have his wr drop a perfectly thrown pass.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(10-30-2017, 11:45 AM)realtorpat Wrote: To go even further beyond your point.  Bortles actually won the game vs the Jets only to have the refs call back the game winning td.  Then in overtime have his wr drop a perfectly thrown pass.

This is what I was saying about the eye test. Numbers don't tell you what happened during a play that was negated by yellow laundry or why a pass was incomplete. But we lost that game because the Jets had a better kicker.

(10-30-2017, 10:29 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 01:56 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: The national narrative about Blake Bortles is pretty skewed. When given time and a chance to run the offense he's looked pretty good most of the time. Not great but not as awful as the media seems to think. He had a dismal preseason and that seems to be what put him in the dog house. Last year was a completely different team and scheme.

Blake Bortles had an opportunity to throw for over 300 yards because Leonard Fournette was not available...

Actually  - he was given that opportunity because the Jags were facing the 31st ranked pass defense in the league. 

They ran the ball nearly as much as they have in most of the games even with Fournette out.  They still ran the ball 37 times against the colts and passed 26 times. 

Compare this to Bortles 14 pass attempts against the #1 pass defense a few weeks prior and the strategy is pretty clear. 

It's just wise game-planning by Marrone and Hackett IMO.

(10-30-2017, 11:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Actually  - he was given that opportunity because the Jags were facing the 31st ranked pass defense in the league. 

They ran the ball nearly as much as they have in most of the games even with Fournette out.  They still ran the ball 37 times against the Colts and passed 26 times. 

Compare this to Bortles 14 pass attempts against the #1 pass defense a few weeks prior and the strategy is pretty clear. 

You conveniently deleted the "Colts have a bad and banged up defense" part.

It took one week to figure out Doug Marrone and Nathaniel Hackett are much better game planners than Gus Bradley and Greg Olson were.

(10-30-2017, 12:04 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 11:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Actually  - he was given that opportunity because the Jags were facing the 31st ranked pass defense in the league. 

They ran the ball nearly as much as they have in most of the games even with Fournette out.  They still ran the ball 37 times against the Colts and passed 26 times. 

You conveniently deleted the "Colts have a bad and banged up defense" part.

It took one week to figure out Doug Marrone and Nathaniel Hackett are much better game planners than Gus Bradley and Greg Olson were.

I wasn't addressing that.  I was addressing your statement about Fournette affecting the Jags game plan and Bortles opportunity. I do not believe Fournette's absence affected the Jags game plan one iota.

(10-30-2017, 12:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I wasn't addressing that.  I was addressing your statement about Fournette affecting the Jags game plan and Bortles opportunity. I do not believe Fournette's absence affected the Jags game plan one iota.

It will be interesting to see if we go with a similar game plan during the second meeting, when Leonard Fournette probably will be available, or they do a good job forcing us to make lots of adjustments. But I will worry about that when the time comes.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2017, 03:38 PM by Pdiddy.)

(10-30-2017, 10:29 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

Blake Bortles had an opportunity to throw for over 300 yards because Leonard Fournette was not available. He took advantage of a bad and banged up pass defense, but if LF wasn't hurt more run plays would have been called.

The national media knows Doug Marrone changed to a run-first scheme with Borltes being relegated to game manager because #5 can't carry the team with his right arm. Losing the C patch on his uniform certainly did not help matters. Where they go wrong is basing his ability to throw on numbers instead of the eye test while ignoring the absence of #15.
Please learn how to spell our quarterback's name correctly or just don't post at all

(10-30-2017, 03:37 PM)Pdiddy Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 10:29 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Blake Bortles had an opportunity to throw for over 300 yards because Leonard Fournette was not available. He took advantage of a bad and banged up pass defense, but if LF wasn't hurt more run plays would have been called.

Please learn how to spell our quarterback's name correctly or just don't post at all

That is the first time I ever misspelled Bortles and did not correct it. How about you consider the significant difference between a typo and not knowing how to spell a name?

(10-30-2017, 03:46 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 03:37 PM)Pdiddy Wrote: Please learn how to spell our quarterback's name correctly or just don't post at all

That is the first time I ever misspelled Bortles and did not correct it. How about you consider the significant difference between a typo and not knowing how to spell a name?

How can I tell it's a typo? Since you're a fan of the broncos and packers and whoever else, youre not a fan of the jaguars so I don't expect you to be aware of our player's names.

(10-30-2017, 04:04 PM)Pdiddy Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 03:46 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: That is the first time I ever misspelled Bortles and did not correct it. How about you consider the significant difference between a typo and not knowing how to spell a name?

How can I tell it's a typo? Since you're a fan of the Broncos and Packers and whoever else, You're not a fan of the Jaguars so I don't expect you to be aware of our players' names.

You can't be serious here. You have seen me correctly spell Bortles a zillion times.

(10-30-2017, 03:37 PM)Pdiddy Wrote: Please learn how to spell our quarterback's name correctly or just don't post at all

(10-30-2017, 04:04 PM)Pdiddy Wrote: How can I tell it's a typo? Since you're a fan of the broncos and packers and whoever else, youre not a fan of the jaguars so I don't expect you to be aware of our player's names.

Get on topic, please.  Multiple posts that only serve to harass another board member will result in warnings in the future.

(10-30-2017, 04:06 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 04:04 PM)Pdiddy Wrote: How can I tell it's a typo? Since you're a fan of the Broncos and Packers and whoever else, You're not a fan of the Jaguars so I don't expect you to be aware of our players' names.

You can't be serious here. You have seen me correctly spell Bortles a zillion times.

A zillion? You can't be super serious. 

I also don't believe Fournette missing made a difference in the game plan. We are a running team and we play that way. When ivory subs in, we still try to run the ball. Yeldon and ivory hand good games, we didn't shy away from them because Fournette be was hurt. And Blake only dropped back 26 times. We didn't go pass heavy. Wrs were making plays against a trash team and we had success

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2017, 04:29 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-30-2017, 04:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

(10-30-2017, 04:04 PM)Pdiddy Wrote: How can I tell it's a typo? Since you're a fan of the broncos and packers and whoever else, youre not a fan of the jaguars so I don't expect you to be aware of our player's names.

Get on topic, please.  Multiple posts that only serve to harass another board member will result in warnings in the future.

THANK YOU! Finally a moderator recognizes harassment when he sees it.

On topic, we can't get too much respect because the talent is there.