Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Brandt Report: Jaguars defensive line is scary good

We are #2 on Gil Brandt's "scary good" list of team position groups. I especially like this part:

Quote:Campbell had just 8.0 sacks last year but has 10 already this season, and his presence seems to have influenced former first-round pick Dante Fowler, both on and off the field.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ndary-down

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2017, 04:05 PM by Brett.)

Sometimes I actually wish all this hype from the media would go away. I'm not used to all this love and it's a hard transition, lol. Don't get me wrong, I love the positive feedback about our team but I kind of like being the underdog. Every time in the past when we have gotten love from the national media, our team collapses. So I just want to keep flying under the radar.

Bengals oline on the list for bad

(10-26-2017, 04:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bengals oline on the list for bad

I saw that. Big Grin

It's feeding time.
Here we go again

(10-26-2017, 07:42 PM)Preach Wrote:

It's feeding time.

And the spotted cats will win the cat fight.

Bengals stink this season.
 Their O-line is really awful. 
 They only have 1 good receiver. 
 Dalton is wildly inconsistent  (sometimes he can look real good,, but most of the time he's playing terrible).
 Their D-line and Secondary isn't near as good as years past.
 And, they still have Marvin Lewis, who makes 1 or 2 really bone-headed coaching decisions Every Single Game.

Jags should handle the Bengals easily, IMO.

(10-27-2017, 07:44 AM)jagherd Wrote:

Bengals stink this season.
 Their O-line is really awful. 
 They only have 1 good receiver. 
 Dalton is wildly inconsistent  (sometimes he can look real good,, but most of the time he's playing terrible).
 Their D-line and Secondary isn't near as good as years past.
 And, they still have Marvin Lewis, who makes 1 or 2 really bone-headed coaching decisions Every Single Game.

Jags should handle the Bengals easily, IMO.

I hope you are right.  I see this Nov. 5 game as a tough one for us. 

Perhaps the memories of Dalton picking us apart prior to this year is clouding my judgment on current performance.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I just don't think Gil Brandt is watching very closely, because if he was, he'd know our best position group isn't the defensive line, it's the defensive backs. I love our defensive line, but half of those sacks are coverage sacks.

(10-27-2017, 12:57 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I just don't think Gil Brandt is watching very closely, because if he was, he'd know our best position group isn't the defensive line, it's the defensive backs.   I love our defensive line, but half of those sacks are coverage sacks.

Are you serious? "Scary good" is the truth for a team that racked up 33 sacks in only seven games, including 10 sacks twice. We also lead the NFL in forced and recovered fumbles. A fumble recovery in Week 1 was returned for six points. So yes, Sacksonville is scary good.

(10-27-2017, 12:57 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I just don't think Gil Brandt is watching very closely, because if he was, he'd know our best position group isn't the defensive line, it's the defensive backs.   I love our defensive line, but half of those sacks are coverage sacks.

---"Jacksonville's secondary is very good, and that undoubtedly helps boost the pass rush. But the pass rush also helps the secondary. I've been on this team for awhile, so I've obviously been burned by the Jaguars before -- but this year, they seem like a legit playoff contender, thanks largely to the defensive line."

He does give some credit to the secondary

(10-27-2017, 02:49 PM)Kane Wrote:

---"Jacksonville's secondary is very good, and that undoubtedly helps boost the pass rush. But the pass rush also helps the secondary. I've been on this team for awhile, so I've obviously been burned by the Jaguars before -- but this year, they seem like a legit playoff contender, thanks largely to the defensive line."

He does give some credit to the secondary

Yes, and he explained without the elite secondary we could not have an elite pass rush.

Okay, I just wanted to see if you guys were paying attention.

(10-27-2017, 04:37 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Okay, I just wanted to see if you guys were paying attention.

I thought you were criticizing Gil Brandt for not paying attention. We certainly are.

Someone call Gil and tell him to move us up to his #1 scariest group
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-27-2017, 10:36 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Someone call Gil and tell him to move us up to his #1 scariest group

I thought Gil Brandt wrote the list in a random order. There is no way he could truly believe Chicago's defensive line is better than ours.

I hope the new guy becomes the run-stuffer we envisioned him to be... Then we can become SUPER scary good.
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(10-28-2017, 07:47 PM)temporaryname Wrote: I hope the new guy becomes the run stuffer we envisioned him to be. Then we can become SUPER scary good.

Marcell Dareus was an All-Pro in a 4-3 defense with Doug Marrone, so I would be very surprised if he does not.