Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Perspective: Is there ANY team you would say the Jags can't beat this year?

What I mean is, in past years there were certain teams you KNEW that the Jags had at most a 1% chance of beating. Due to their style of play and the personnel they fielded.

For instance, in the past 12 years, the Jags stood almost no chance of beating the Patriots due to the Patriots having an excellent pass attack while the Jags had a pitiful pass rush.

This year I don't feel there's any team the Jags CAN'T beat.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The only team I think would give this team fits unfortunately is the tacks. Their line is good enough to neutralize our pass rush. The only true way to beat them is to score points fast which is our weakness.

The Patriots would crush us. But I know what your saying.

(10-26-2017, 04:07 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The Patriots would crush us. But I know what your saying.

These are not the Pats you're used to seeing.
I totally get what your line of thinking is...

But their D is nowhere near as good as it has been in years past.
Their OL is also not performing as well as they usually have for old man Tom.

Who has the absolute best run D? That'd be the team(s) I'd be worried about.
If our run game is completely shut down and Bortles is forced to win it, we'll almost certainly lose.

Jets and Rams and every other team that is not on their schedule.

... I think that's a fact

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2017, 04:22 PM by Etdavis2006.)

We’d have 5 picks on Brady if he plays us

I will say the Chargers until we finally do beat them. Philip Rivers just beat up one of the NFL's best pass defenses.

(10-26-2017, 04:07 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The Patriots would crush us. But I know what your saying.

I really don't feel that this year. Not only do the Jags have a pass rush...they have CB's who can actually cover! On top of that Tom isn't a mobile QB.

Thinking on this: The jags actually would have a chance to destroy the Pats!

(10-26-2017, 04:28 PM)Mandeezee Wrote:

I really don't feel that this year. Not only do the Jags have a pass rush...they have CBs who can actually cover! On top of that Tom isn't a mobile QB.

Thinking on this: The Jags actually would have a chance to destroy the Pats!

But our run defense . . .

I don't think we would "destroy" New England.

We CAN beat any team out there. But whether we actually WOULD beat them is another question altogether. Right now, I think there are about 10 teams that are better than we are. But that's such HUGE progress. Nothing to complain about!

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2017, 05:09 PM by copycat.)

Any team that goes up by 2 scores until we prove otherwise.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I was wondering something similar actually. This team isn't a pushover anymore. Even our loss to Tennessee was close until like the end of the 3rd quarter.

I'd be really interested to see how our defense performs against the best of the best. We destroyed Ben, we'll get to test Dalton and Rivers soon. I actually think we get the Chargers monkey off our back this year. There's not really an offense that scares me with our defense, but there are a few defenses that would give us fits.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

There is potential on this team to complete and beat just about any team out there. I honestly believe only two teams would give us fits and that is the Rams and Seahawks. The Seahawks are very similar to the Jags except they have a better QB. The Seahawks familiarity with our system and having the better QB gives them a strong advantage. With that said, if the defense stays hot and disciplined, I think the Jags can neutralize just about any scoring attack.

P.S. The Jets loss was a fluke. The Rams was a specialty team nightmare. The tacks are the only ones to take it to the Jags, at least for two quarters and that may be them overachieving when you watch how they have been playing recently.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(10-26-2017, 05:27 PM)B2hibry Wrote: There is potential on this team to complete and beat just about any team out there. I honestly believe only two teams would give us fits and that is the Rams and Seahawks. The Seahawks are very similar to the Jags except they have a better QB. The Seahawks familiarity with our system and having the better QB gives them a strong advantage. With that said, if the defense stays hot and disciplined, I think the Jags can neutralize just about any scoring attack.

P.S.  The Jets loss was a fluke. The Rams was a specialty team nightmare. The tacks are the only ones to take it to the Jags, at least for two quarters and that may be them overachieving when you watch how they have been playing recently.

The Seahawks have a terrible OL featuring former Jaguar Luke Joeckel. They also use a RB committee that, based on Pete Carroll's comments, sounds like Fred Taylor/MJD. We need to beat them to prove we can though.

If you want to talk about familiarity, look at our Week 12 opponent. Who has the advantage when Calais Campbell is on the field?

I think there are maybe two teams in the entire league that we couldn't beat nor couldn't beat us any given Sunday (and we play them both coming up so I might even be proven wrong about that). There is that much parity this year.

(10-26-2017, 06:53 PM)Upper Wrote: I think there are maybe two teams in the entire league that we couldn't beat nor couldn't beat us any given Sunday (and we play them both coming up so I might even be proven wrong about that). There is that much parity this year.

Is the bold part a typo?

Let me guess: Seahawks and Chargers.

One game at a time. I truly believe if they destroy the Bengals in Jax next weekend and get that monkey off their back, they can get hot and string together 2-3 consecutive wins

(10-26-2017, 07:24 PM)jaglyn Wrote: One game at a time. I truly believe if they destroy the Bengals in Jax next weekend and get that monkey off their back, they can get hot and string together 2-3 consecutive wins

Destroying the Bengals would mean we finally get the elusive winning streak. Then our job is to extend it.

Any team can win on any given week, but I believe it would be very hard for us to beat New England, Kansas City, Philadelphia and Dallas. Not that we couldn't, but I would definitely give them the advantage. It would also depend on which Blake Bortles shows up. When he plays o.k. we are as hard to beat as anyone, but when he is off, we have a hard time with really bad teams.

The "Any Given Sunday" thing certainly applies to this team.  There are really no "can beat" or "cannot beat" teams in the league.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.