Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Perspective: Is there ANY team you would say the Jags can't beat this year?

(10-27-2017, 12:17 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: tbh, I don't think there's a single team aside from the Browns that I would say couldn't beat any other team this year.

The Ravens last night beat the Dolphins 40-0.  We beat the Ravens 44-7.  We beat the crap out of the Steelers, who beat the Chiefs, who beat the Eagles and Patriots.  This year, it seems like anything can happen.

Isn't that really how a football season should be? I'm enjoying the parity much more than penciling in the Pats and whatever NFC team is hottest (last year Dallas, this year iggles maybe; yeah I know Dallas didn't make it to the SB but were heavily favored to go for most of the season)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We can beat any team, but it just depends on how we are playing that day.

We are no longer in the category that the Browns and 49ers are in this year, we are not a bad football team
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(10-27-2017, 12:20 PM)B2hibry Wrote: The league does appear less predictable than years past. Is it the rise in defenses or the fall of QB performance? I haven't been able to nail it down.

Injuries certainly have something to do with it, most notably the 1999 Rams and 2011 Ciolts. There also is a recent history of new head coaches who turn perennial losers into playoff caliber franchises, including former 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh and new Rams coach Sean McVay. The answers are less clear when you get into personnel and scheme changes.

We would lose to the Bills just because of Dareus trade theory handicapping.

(10-28-2017, 04:02 AM)myrick31 Wrote: We would lose to the Bills just because of Dareus trade theory handicapping.

What on Earth is this supposed to mean?

Marcell Dareus would be motivated to beat the team that did not want him anymore.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!