Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Perspective: Is there ANY team you would say the Jags can't beat this year?

(10-26-2017, 08:19 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Any team can win on any given week, but I believe it would be very hard for us to beat New England, Kansas City, Philadelphia and Dallas. Not that we couldn't, but I would definitely give them the advantage. It would also depend on which Blake Bortles shows up. When he plays o.k. we are as hard to beat as anyone, but when he is off, we have a hard time with really bad teams.

I also would give the advantage to the Patriots and Chiefs, but why the Eagles?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Titans, Rams and Jets.

You guys seriously think we would beat the Patriots. I'm flying high these days. But yall act like we already drafted Baker Mayfield.

We still got a that QB issue.

(10-26-2017, 10:25 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The Titans, Rams and Jets.

You guys seriously think we would beat the Patriots. I'm flying high these days. But yall act like we already drafted Baker Mayfield.

We certainly can beat the Titans FYI. A lot can change before New Year's Eve.

I think our 3 losses were learning experiences, each one was a break down in one part of our team, a championship team needs these kind of games, I think going forward the lessons learned will be amazingly valuable
A good loser is a good loser

(10-26-2017, 10:31 PM)jag2543 Wrote: I think our 3 losses were learning experiences, each one was a break down in one part of our team, a championship team needs these kind of games, I think going forward the lessons learned will be amazingly valuable

We did not need three losses. Just one blowout loss where everything goes wrong would do the trick.

Blake can beat anyone, any day, anywhere. It depends otf the rest of the team decides to show up.

(10-26-2017, 11:51 PM)Ucf_Jag_1 Wrote: Blake can beat anyone, any day, anywhere. It depends on the rest of the team decides to show up.

What Jaguars games have you been watching?

(10-26-2017, 10:30 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

We certainly can beat the Titans FYI. A lot can change before New Year's Eve.

We certainly did not though.

(10-27-2017, 12:25 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 10:30 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: We certainly can beat the Titans FYI. A lot can change before New Year's Eve.

We certainly did not though.

Why do you like being a Debbie Downer? I said we can, not we did.

(10-26-2017, 11:51 PM)Ucf_Jag_1 Wrote: Blake can beat anyone, any day, anywhere. It depends otf the rest of the team decides to show up.

Are you related to Bortles or something? He's been the weak spot on this team for years. He's like Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde.

Are we on the Baker train?

I don't hate it at all. Baker is extremely accurate and if he were 6ft 3 he would probably be the #1 pick. Baker also LOVES him some Dede.

The jags still would not beat the Patriots this year IMO.. I also think the Chiefs would be an awful matchup for us

Other than that I think we can beat every other AFC team if things go reasonably right for us in the game

NFC, I see Dallas giving us a problem and maybe Philly as well

Other than that I think we would be in the game if again things went favorably early vs anyone else

Would and could are different things.
I think many believe we could beat the Patriots whereas previous years of the past decade it was an automatic L

(10-27-2017, 08:52 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Are we on the Baker train?

I don't hate it at all. Baker is extremely accurate and if he were 6ft 3 he would probably be the #1 pick. Baker also LOVES him some Dede.

Mayfield is a really good QB prospect. He's improved by leaps and bounds since last season. If he measures even a fraction of an inch over 6' tall, I wouldn't hesitate to take him in the late 1st round.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2017, 10:52 AM by Bullseye.)

(10-26-2017, 07:24 PM)jaglyn Wrote: One game at a time. I truly believe if they destroy the Bengals in Jax next weekend and get that monkey off their back, they can get hot and string together 2-3 consecutive wins

I think winning the next two would be a springboard to winning five straight heading into the Seattle game.

I'll repeat my remaining opponent's schedule characterization

"Tough but winnable"

Cincinnati
San Diego
Seattle
Houston
Tennessee

"Likely but not promised wins"

Cleveland
Arizona  (Question:  Who is the better CB at this point, Ramsey or Peterson?)
Indy
San Francisco

I'm tempted to put Arizona in the top category due to Arians.  I think he is a very good coach-possibly the best coach on our schedule all year.

I'm not sold we could beat New England.  Brady rarely makes the killer bonehead throw that our defense has thrived on, and he gets rid of the ball quickly, so it would be hard to sack him even with the tight coverage our defense provides.  What's more, Gronk represents one of the few matchup problems our defense would face.  I think the Pats have also fixed many of the problems they had on the defense.

However, I think a matchup against Brees and the Saints would be interesting.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-26-2017, 08:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The "Any Given Sunday" thing certainly applies to this team.  There are really no "can beat" or "cannot beat" teams in the league.

Well, the Browns, Colts and 49ers aren't exactly beating good teams this year.
'02

OK you guys aren't considering actual match ups.

New England - Few teams have sufficient coverage to cover their receivers. Few teams have the pass rush to affect Brady enough. Teams that give the Pats problems are teams that have the DL to make Brady skittish (Giants). Jags have two really good CB's and a third CB that's sufficient. They have two LB's that can run with Gronk. Jags DL lead the league in sacks. The result is a skittish Brady. Pats rushing attack is nothing special this year.

So what is the MATCH UP issue the Jags would have with New England?

Kansas City - Huh What does the Chiefs do that is beyond the Jags D? On defense they do have a great corner back and pretty good pass rushers off the edge. What sets them above any other team?

So what I'm referring too are match ups. What team just out matches the Jags due to a deficiency the team has? In years past, the Jags had no pass rush and only so-so CB's. So a team like the Pats or Colts would obliterate them. It's not the case this year.

Rushing attack from other teams - The Jags D isn't as bad as those big runs make it seem. They actually have a darn good rush defense which will get better and by the year end, I bet will be top 15. Just need more games to average out those long runs they surrendered.

Up by two scores - I believe the coach's shouldn't panic and continue to use the rushing attack to walk the team down. They shouldn't resort to pass only so early just because they are down.

tbh, I don't think there's a single team aside from the Browns that I would say couldn't beat any other team this year.

The Ravens last night beat the Dolphins 40-0. We beat the Ravens 44-7. We beat the crap out of the Steelers, who beat the Chiefs, who beat the Eagles and Patriots. This year, it seems like anything can happen.

The league does appear less predictable than years past. Is it the rise in defenses or the fall of QB performance? I haven't been able to nail it down.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(10-27-2017, 11:33 AM)Mandeezee Wrote: OK you guys aren't considering actual match ups.

1.New England - Few teams have sufficient coverage to cover their receivers. Few teams have the pass rush to affect Brady enough. Teams that give the Pats problems are teams that have the DL to make Brady skittish (Giants). Jags have two really good CB's and a third CB that's sufficient. They have two LB's that can run with Gronk. Jags DL lead the league in sacks. The result is a skittish Brady. Pats rushing attack is nothing special this year.

So what is the MATCH UP issue the Jags would have with New England?

2.  Kansas City - Huh What does the Chiefs do that is beyond the Jags D? On defense they do have a great corner back and pretty good pass rushers off the edge. What sets them above any other team?

So what I'm referring too are match ups. What team just out matches the Jags due to a deficiency the team has? In years past, the Jags had no pass rush and only so-so CB's. So a team like the Pats or Colts would obliterate them. It's not the case this year.

Rushing attack from other teams - The Jags D isn't as bad as those big runs make it seem. They actually have a darn good rush defense which will get better and by the year end, I bet will be top 15. Just need more games to average out those long runs they surrendered.

Up by two scores - I believe the coach's shouldn't panic and continue to use the rushing attack to walk the team down. They shouldn't resort to pass only so early just because they are down.

1.  I already explained some of the issues with New England with Brady getting rid of the ball quickly.  Gronk would be a bad matchup for our LBs, not due to speed, but size.  At 6-6, 265 Goink could muscle our LBs or DBs down the field.  Telvin Smith is listed at 6-3, 215, and Jack is listed at 6-1, 244.  We had problems covering him in training camp.  https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...549869001/

2.  Kansas City could run the ball.  Andy Reid teams have almost always had strong rushing attacks.  We suck at stopping the run.  Even if you take out the Jets game as an aberration, the tack and Rams games proved we couldn't stop the run when needed.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!