Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Halloween feels much different for the Jaguars and their fans this year

Usually thhis is the time of year the team is well out of playoff contenders and the fans are arguing who the team is going to pick with it's top 5 pick. This year not only are the jags in the race to take the division, they could be a force if they do get into the playoffs.  Wow feels good this year.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No it's not. In the past we have still been in playoff contention in November or even December. We have had seasons when our playoff chances were between slim and none, but the board had plenty of threads about "how we can make the playoffs" until we were officially eliminated. I am not nearsighted and actually remember the JDR era.

The. Worst.

(10-26-2017, 06:25 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: No it's not. In the past we have still been in playoff contention in November or even December. We have had seasons when our playoff chances were between slim and none, but the board had plenty of threads about "how we can make the playoffs" until we were officially eliminated. I am not nearsighted and actually remember the JDR era.

[Image: 140228_2750477_Debbie_Downer_s_Oscar_Jam_anvver_2.jpg]

Think about how bad Gus and company were in September and October. I can’t fond the exact records but boy was it bad.

All early season hype was quickly lost. I hope the Jags take this momentum into the 2nd half of the season and really whoop up on the below average competition.

(10-26-2017, 06:29 PM)Frailbones Wrote: The. Worst.

That does not mean anything if you don't write a full sentence.

It looks like these Jags have a good group of mature players who have a lot of pride in their performance. Even down to the rookies. It maybe because they see Khan finally showing the $$$

(10-26-2017, 06:34 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 06:29 PM)Frailbones Wrote: The. Worst.

That does not mean anything if you don't write a full sentence.

I understood it perfectly fine. And I agree with him..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(10-26-2017, 07:11 PM)jaglyn Wrote: It looks like these Jags have a good group of mature players who have a lot of pride in their performance. Even down to the rookies. It may be because they see Khan finally showing the $$$.

It is Coughlin and Marrone.

(10-26-2017, 06:31 PM)Brett Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 06:25 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: No it's not. In the past we have still been in playoff contention in November or even December. We have had seasons when our playoff chances were between slim and none, but the board had plenty of threads about "how we can make the playoffs" until we were officially eliminated. I am not nearsighted and actually remember the JDR era.

[Image: 140228_2750477_Debbie_Downer_s_Oscar_Jam_anvver_2.jpg]
[Image: 2746728-2746728-3491681832-nicol.gif]

Gus went 14-48 as head coach. Playoff contention? ugh

(10-26-2017, 08:25 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Gus went 14-48 as head coach.  Playoff contention?  ugh

Hey, just admit you were totally schooled by the Jdub. Next time you'll remember that being 4-3 and tied for first is exactly the same thing as being 1-6 and needing seven teams to lose five straight while winning five straight.

Just wow

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2017, 09:17 AM by The Drifter.)

Perfect costume, go out as the Jaguars defensive line........
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(10-26-2017, 07:20 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 06:34 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: That does not mean anything if you don't write a full sentence.

I understood it perfectly fine. And I agree with him..

#metoo

You're well on your way to a -1000.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(10-26-2017, 05:39 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Usually thhis is the time of year the team is well out of playoff contenders and the fans are arguing who the team is going to pick with it's top 5 pick. This year not only are the jags in the race to take the division, they could be a force if they do get into the playoffs.  Wow feels good this year.

This IS different.

Very different.

Jaguars football doesn't resemble the "up at dawn, pride swallowing siege" it did during the last years of Gene Smith and then the entirety of the Gus era.

Now..there is hope...excitement.

Legitimate reason for hope.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2017, 12:58 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-26-2017, 10:08 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 08:25 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Gus went 14-48 as head coach.  Playoff contention?  ugh

Hey, just admit you were totally schooled by the Jdub. Next time you'll remember that being 4-3 and tied for first is exactly the same thing as being 1-6 and needing seven teams to lose five straight while winning five straight.

I never said anything like that. Because we are 4-3 and tied for the division lead, we obviously do not need to win the rest of our games and help seven teams will lose to get in.

(10-27-2017, 10:15 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:

You're well on your way to a -1000.

-201 is going the opposite direction.

(10-26-2017, 07:22 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 07:11 PM)jaglyn Wrote: It looks like these Jags have a good group of mature players who have a lot of pride in their performance. Even down to the rookies. It may be because they see Khan finally showing the $$$.

It is Coughlin and Marrone.

Agreed. Mr. Khan has always been willing to spend in order to win and Win Now. Coughlin is on a mission and while doing so, he's showing Caldwell and Marrone just how it's done.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Mathematically in previous seasons? Yes!!! Realistically?  Not a snowballs chance in hell! 

Different feel to it, right now.