Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fowler vs Beasley

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2017, 08:37 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Beasley missed a few games earlier in the season but Fowler tore an ACL and people on here labled him a bust right after.  So the hamstring should be no excuse.

Beasley

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/pla...asley/9441

Fowler

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/pla...owler/9436

Here is Leonard Williams

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/pla...liams/9439

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2017, 08:43 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Still think Fowler was the right pick. Would much rather have the edge rusher than Williams who hasnt lived up to his draft position at all. Willams who had the best rookie year of the 3 although Fowler didnt play, but his Leonards play has declined. Not even one sack on the year this year going in to week 8

Dude you have some serious Fowler insecurities...

(10-26-2017, 09:10 PM)Upper Wrote: Dude you have some serious Fowler insecurities...

You mad bro?

(10-26-2017, 09:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 09:10 PM)Upper Wrote: Dude you have some serious Fowler insecurities...

You mad bro?

If their rankings were flipped he'd be shoving it down our throats. Fowler is also 2 years younger. Still plenty of room for him to develop.

Beasley had 15.5 sacks last year and already has 3 in 4 games.

While Fowler looks good this year and better against the run than Beasley I dont quite understand the need for this thread.

All 3 players seems to be producing and if using PFF grades as your measuring stick Williams would have been the best pick.

(10-26-2017, 09:39 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Beasley had 15.5 sacks last year and already has 3 in 4 games.

While Fowler looks good this year and better against the run than Beasley I dont quite understand the need for this thread.

All 3 players seems to be producing and if using PFF grades as your measuring stick Williams would have been the best pick.
Thus isn't my measuring stick.  I was was just throwing it out there.  Honestly though I feel Williams has been the worst of the 3

Beasley is damn good. Fowler is pretty good. Cant win them all and not every one can be a premier player. I am just glad that Fowler is removing the "bust" tag he has been getting. That's really all you can hope for is to have a bunch of pretty good players and pray there are ZERO busts.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Would I rather have Beasley than Fowler? Absolutely. He is beginning to prove that he is a consistent 15+ sack guy. He has been playing hurt and is still producing in terms of pass rush at a similar level as Fowler.

That isn't an indictment on Fowler, however. Fowler has played very well. I'll take 12+ sacks and not bat an eye.

(10-27-2017, 10:57 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: Beasley is damn good. Fowler is pretty good. Cant win them all and not every one can be a premier player. I am just glad that Fowler is removing the "bust" tag he has been getting. That's really all you can hope for is to have a bunch of pretty good players and pray there are ZERO busts.

My observation was only people who just don't want anyone from Gainesville because they hate the Gators call Dante Fowler a bust. They admitted it, saying they hated the pick just because he was a Gator, and then calling him another bust from Florida. Take their words with a grain of salt.

I am a Gators fan, but was never high on him. There certainly are people that have affiliation bias, but don't lump everyone in there.

At this point I'd rather have Beasley. But I wanted Fowler over Beasley pre draft.

Id rather Beasley at the moment but the jury is still out on both of them.

Leonard Williams is still a damn good player too. Just having a down period like many on that Jets Dline.

(10-27-2017, 04:43 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: I am a Gators fan, but was never high on him.  There certainly are people that have affiliation bias, but don't lump everyone in there.

I dont get that if you watched Gator games.  Dude wrecked havoc on the regular and was our best player

Isn't Fowler playing like what 45% of the snaps? Seems pretty productive for that...

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2017, 04:52 AM by FreeAgent01.)

(10-27-2017, 08:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-27-2017, 04:43 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: I am a Gators fan, but was never high on him.  There certainly are people that have affiliation bias, but don't lump everyone in there.

I dont get that if you watched Gator games.  Dude wrecked havoc on the regular and was our best player

Because I watched Cam as a true freshman dominate him. I watched tight ends in college handle him. His production was almost exclusively standing up and on stunts. He needed to get stronger and work on his feet. He was purely speculative potential for me and not a top 5 pick and more of a late 1st.

To be honest, the only Gators lineman of the last 6 or 7 years who I was higher than most on was Dominique Easley. Injury issues and butting heads with BB sank his career.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2017, 08:13 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-28-2017, 04:52 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(10-27-2017, 08:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont get that if you watched Gator games.  Dude wrecked havoc on the regular and was our best player

Because I watched Cam as a true freshman dominate him.  I watched tight ends in college handle him.  His production was almost exclusively standing up and on stunts.  He needed to get stronger and work on his feet.  He was purely speculative potential for me and not a top 5 pick and more of a late 1st.

To be honest, the only Gators lineman of the last 6 or 7 years who I was higher than most on was Dominique Easley.  Injury issues and butting heads with BB sank his career.
You watched Cam dominate him when they were at practice?  Not to mention he was one of the best coverage LB's in college.  There was a reason he was the best edge rusher in that class.  Dude caused havoc everywhere he lines up.  Almost all players need to get stronger when they are 21 years old you go in to the pros.  Most times he was the best player on the field whoever Florida played against and it was pretty clear

(10-28-2017, 04:52 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(10-27-2017, 08:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont get that if you watched Gator games.  Dude wrecked havoc on the regular and was our best player

Because I watched Cam as a true freshman dominate him.  I watched tight ends in college handle him.  His production was almost exclusively standing up and on stunts.  He needed to get stronger and work on his feet.  He was purely speculative potential for me and not a top 5 pick and more of a late 1st.

To be honest, the only Gators lineman of the last 6 or 7 years who I was higher than most on was Dominique Easley.  Injury issues and butting heads with BB sank his career.
Jonathan Bullard was a beast at Florida too but he has had a few injuries early on but hes starting to show his talent

I watched Cam dominate Fowler when UF played Bama. I didn't see him take over any games. He was great at making splash plays, but he never dominated. His strength was his versatility, speed, and ability to set an edge. He was the better version of Ryan Davis.

I watched SEC refs let Bama get away with holding for the last 10 years too

(10-28-2017, 09:04 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: I watched Cam dominate Fowler when UF played Bama.  I didn't see him take over any games.  He was great at making splash plays, but he never dominated.  His strength was his versatility, speed, and ability to set an edge.  He was the better version of Ryan Davis.
Lol, ok KYjaggy.  Could at least come up with something on your own bro