Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fowler vs Beasley

(10-28-2017, 09:27 AM)jaglyn Wrote: I watched SEC refs let Bama get away with holding for the last 10 years too

Haha truth.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-28-2017, 10:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 09:04 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: I watched Cam dominate Fowler when UF played Bama.  I didn't see him take over any games.  He was great at making splash plays, but he never dominated.  His strength was his versatility, speed, and ability to set an edge.  He was the better version of Ryan Davis.
Lol, ok KYjaggy.  Could at least come up with something on your own bro

Okay. Just kidding I guess. Did you see that Bama game where Fowler was unstoppable? He would have had 10 sacks that game if Cam didn't hold him every single play and the corrupt officials weren't on Bama's pay roll. Better?

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2017, 11:25 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-28-2017, 11:16 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 10:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, ok KYjaggy.  Could at least come up with something on your own bro

Okay.  Just kidding I guess.  Did you see that Bama game where Fowler was unstoppable?  He would have had 10 sacks that game if Cam didn't hold him every single play and the corrupt officials weren't on Bama's pay roll.  Better?

One of the best college tackle prospects coming out of High School in the last 10 years or so. Had a great college career as well.  You act like Cam is some scrub.  Cam dominated many of the top ends in his college career.  Cam dominated Clowney, Watt, and Suggs in his first couple career  pro games.  So I guess those guys are nothing special at rushing the passer

(10-28-2017, 09:27 AM)jaglyn Wrote: I watched SEC refs let Bama get away with holding for the last 10 years too

That is true though lol, but it's Bama so...

Show me 5 sacks Dante Fowler had in his entire 3 year UF career where he lined up over a tackle and beat him 1v1. No games. No stunts and twists. Just won a matchup mano y mano for a sack. I eagerly await. I might grow old waiting because they never happened.

(10-28-2017, 11:28 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: Show me 5 sacks Dante Fowler had in his entire 3 year UF career where he lined up over a tackle and beat him 1v1.  No games.  No stunts and twists.  Just won a matchup mano y mano for a sack.  I eagerly await.  I might grow old waiting because they never happened.

Does it really matter how one get pressure?  I couldn't care less if a guy is in the back field causing havoc as long as he is doing it.  Again, there is a reason he was considered the best edge rusher in that class by most.  He was always causing havoc in the backfield

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Who cares what the guy did 4 years ago in college?

He’s playing great for the Jaguars right now.

(10-28-2017, 11:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 11:28 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: Show me 5 sacks Dante Fowler had in his entire 3 year UF career where he lined up over a tackle and beat him 1v1.  No games.  No stunts and twists.  Just won a matchup mano y mano for a sack.  I eagerly await.  I might grow old waiting because they never happened.

Does it really matter how one get pressure?  I couldn't care less if a guy is in the back field causing havoc as long as he is doing it.  Again, there is a reason he was considered the best edge rusher in that class by most.  He was always causing havoc in the backfield

You're the one asking me why I wasn't high on him. Those are my reasons. Those are the reasons I viewed Vic Beasley as a better prospect. They are valid concerns. You can feel differently if you wish, but that was my personal evaluation.

(10-28-2017, 02:24 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 11:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Does it really matter how one get pressure?  I couldn't care less if a guy is in the back field causing havoc as long as he is doing it.  Again, there is a reason he was considered the best edge rusher in that class by most.  He was always causing havoc in the backfield

You're the one asking me why I wasn't high on him.  Those are my reasons.  Those are the reasons I viewed Vic Beasley as a better prospect.  They are valid concerns.  You can feel differently if you wish, but that was my personal evaluation.

Fair enough