Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to scout the West Virginia and Oklahoma St game

Should get a good look at Will Grier and Mason Rudolph in person.  Hopefully its a good one and they can show their talents

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would bet all 32 teams actively scout every game

(10-27-2017, 11:20 PM)wrong_box Wrote: I would bet all 32 teams actively scout every game

How are all teams gonna go to every game?  Lol

don't have to...not all scouting is live in person at the stadium, but you can bet your [BLEEP] and both eyes the scouts watch every single game in their area with remote in hand rewinding and watching every play at every position they want to...Not to mention they have a number of scouts per region, it's not like they only have 3 or 4 for all the schools...they can see a good many games weekly live in person

Man, would could have been if Will Grier would have stayed at UF, or if Mac could have just buried that crap with the PEDs like what all the other coaches in the SEC, ACC, PAC10 do

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2017, 08:15 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-28-2017, 12:37 AM)wrong_box Wrote: don't have to...not all scouting is live in person at the stadium, but you can bet your [BLEEP] and both eyes the scouts watch every single game in their area with remote in hand rewinding and watching every play at every position they want to...Not to mention they have a number of scouts per region, it's not like they only have 3 or 4 for all the schools...they can see a good many games weekly live in person

They scout multiple games and multiple players all year long but you would think time if the guys they are really interested in they would like to go see live in person

Grier's a fun QB. He's got a big arm and is mobile.

Would rather him over Rudolph.

(10-28-2017, 07:03 AM)JackCity Wrote: Grier's a fun QB. He's got a big arm and is mobile.  

Would rather him over Rudolph.
Yeah Grier is a good QB, I like both

Honestly? Even as a WVU fan, I like Grier, but I'm not sure how good he'd be at the NFL level....a lot of the plays he makes are open field throws or throws that his WR's go up and get, Robinson style.

Now, if the Jags were to scout WVU's receiver Sills? I'd be ALL over that as a draft pick. Sills has excellent hands and very good size, two things the Jags need more of, if you ask me

I'm anxious to see how Grier looks against a good defense. I really believe the Jaguars can find their quarterback of the future in round 2 next year. Caldwell/Coughlin have basically hit on everything but quarterback the past 3 seasons. With this defense and Fournette, they don't need the next Tom Brady to get to the Super Bowl. Even if they win the AFC South and pick towards the end of round 2, there should be at least one guy on the board who has the combination of talent/leadership to take this team to the next level. Who will be that guy?

Rudolph
Grier
Stidham
Ferguson
Litton
Falk
Thorsen

It will not be necessary for this team to "break the bank" for someone like Cousins, Alex Smith or Jimmy G. One of the guys above can either take over immediately for Blake or briefly sit behind an inexpensive veteran free agent until they are ready. Take the best offensive lineman available in round 1 (maybe Nelson or Brown) and follow it up with the quarterback. What else does this team need? A tight end can be drafted in the 3rd or 4th round (Kittle went in the 5th). Colvin's replacement also needs to be found, but that's about it. For the Bortles supporters, I just don't see it. I'd love nothing more than to see him finish the season the way he played against the Colts, but the problems he has (accuracy, judgement, playing well under pressure) are not usually fixable- especially the last two.

How hilarious it would be if Grier ended up playing for the Jags.

(10-28-2017, 02:16 AM)jaglyn Wrote: Man, would could have been if Will Grier would have stayed at UF, or if Mac could have just buried that crap with the PEDs like what all the other coaches in the SEC, ACC, PAC10 do

I’ve heard it wasn’t ped’s that were Grier’s problem...unless you snort those too. And  why they didn’t fight to keep him around.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-28-2017, 11:10 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 02:16 AM)jaglyn Wrote: Man, would could have been if Will Grier would have stayed at UF, or if Mac could have just buried that crap with the PEDs like what all the other coaches in the SEC, ACC, PAC10 do

I’ve heard it wasn’t ped’s that were Grier’s problem...unless you snort those too. And  why they didn’t fight to keep him around.

Interesting... so he's into the booger sugar?

I think they are there to get a good look at James Washingto too

(10-28-2017, 12:17 PM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 11:10 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I’ve heard it wasn’t ped’s that were Grier’s problem...unless you snort those too. And  why they didn’t fight to keep him around.

Interesting... so he's into the booger sugar?

Or at least was when he was at UF. He’s got a wife and kid now, maybe he’s grown out of it...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2017, 03:09 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

This is definitely not Rudolph's best game. He's made two bad throws so far, but to this point, he looks infinitely better than Grier. The Cowboys' defense is giving him fits. Both QB's not looking that impressive though.

(10-28-2017, 10:17 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'm anxious to see how Grier looks against a good defense. I really believe the Jaguars can find their quarterback of the future in round 2 next year. Caldwell/Coughlin have basically hit on everything but quarterback the past 3 seasons. With this defense and Fournette, they don't need the next Tom Brady to get to the Super Bowl. Even if they win the AFC South and pick towards the end of round 2, there should be at least one guy on the board who has the combination of talent/leadership to take this team to the next level. Who will be that guy?

Rudolph
Grier
Stidham
Ferguson
Litton
Falk
Thorsen

It will not be necessary for this team to "break the bank" for someone like Cousins, Alex Smith or Jimmy G. One of the guys above can either take over immediately for Blake or briefly sit behind an inexpensive veteran free agent until they are ready. Take the best offensive lineman available in round 1 (maybe Nelson or Brown) and follow it up with the quarterback. What else does this team need? A tight end can be drafted in the 3rd or 4th round (Kittle went in the 5th). Colvin's replacement also needs to be found, but that's about it. For the Bortles supporters, I just don't see it. I'd love nothing more than to see him finish the season the way he played against the Colts, but the problems he has (accuracy, judgement, playing well under pressure) are not usually fixable- especially the last two.

I think there will be some good QBs in round two as well, but I disagree about not trying to bring in a vet. I'd rather have someone experienced and could step in with the team faster, and more acclimated to the NFL.

Jimmy g is intriguing because he's still young, has experience, but we haven't really seen enough of him for me to be sure of it, idk if the front office feels differently obviously.

And I think the team tries to keep colvin. He probably could get more money with another team, but I think with the guys we have back there, he might take a little bit of a discount to stay.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

With 4 picks so far inn this game, Will Grier is officially off my radar.

(10-28-2017, 02:37 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 12:37 AM)wrong_box Wrote: don't have to...not all scouting is live in person at the stadium, but you can bet your [BLEEP] and both eyes the scouts watch every single game in their area with remote in hand rewinding and watching every play at every position they want to...Not to mention they have a number of scouts per region, it's not like they only have 3 or 4 for all the schools...they can see a good many games weekly live in person

They scout multiple games and multiple players all year long but you would think time if the guys they are really interested in they would like to go see live in person

yes and some players they want to scrutinize they will do both...I would be willing to bet that the scouts watch football games all day every day and travel to live games on the weekends

(10-28-2017, 02:39 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 10:17 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'm anxious to see how Grier looks against a good defense. I really believe the Jaguars can find their quarterback of the future in round 2 next year. Caldwell/Coughlin have basically hit on everything but quarterback the past 3 seasons. With this defense and Fournette, they don't need the next Tom Brady to get to the Super Bowl. Even if they win the AFC South and pick towards the end of round 2, there should be at least one guy on the board who has the combination of talent/leadership to take this team to the next level. Who will be that guy?

Rudolph
Grier
Stidham
Ferguson
Litton
Falk
Thorsen

I think there will be some good QBs in round two as well, but I disagree about not trying to bring in a vet. I'd rather have someone experienced and could step in with the team faster, and more acclimated to the NFL.

Jimmy g is intriguing because he's still young, has experience, but we haven't really seen enough of him for me to be sure of it, idk if the front office feels differently obviously.

And I think the team tries to keep colvin. He probably could get more money with another team, but I think with the guys we have back there, he might take a little bit of a discount to stay.
In a perfect world that would be ideal, but trying to find a good veteran QB who isn't too old and has shown himself to be good are hard to find...Teams don't generally get rid of proven veteran QBs unless they are old...Jimmy G is mentioned quite often, but there is such a small sample size it's hard to determine his actual skill set and worth...

If Bortles was only to have played 3 games because he was a back up and he played what we know to be his best games of his career he would look good due to the small sample size...That's the chance you take trying to grab players like Jimmy G...

I would be open to bringing in Kirk Cousins if the price was right