Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Goodbye McElwain?

https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Repor...-109550838

Good riddance.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Read this from a couple different outlets. Sounds like he's as good as gone.

Who is the next man up?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I know a lot of people don't like the idea of it but I still want Chip Kelly. I don't care about NCAA violations, the dude flamed out in the NFL and more than likely wouldn't make another attempt at it so I can't really see him staying just for a couple of positive seasons and leaving.

Other than that, who knows.

I guess Stricklin just made a statement saying there have been no discussions about a buyout.. but I'm hoping that's just normal talk that you'd do to keep something secret ahead of time.

It is just a rumor at this point. The article stats UF has denied buyout claims made on Twitter by unofficial sources. Clearly it is a situation to monitor, but also an example of why you should not depend on Twitter to get news stories.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2017, 12:58 PM by Tyler1Reformed.)

Twitter has nothing to do with it, that's just the platform they used to announce it. I fully believe this is not a rumor. He's looking worse than Muschamp at this point and really seems like he has no idea what he's doing. He'll be gone by the end of the season.

Today's destruction at the hands of Georgia will more than likely put this further into motion as well.

There’s multiple news sources reporting this. Rarely are all news outlets wrong about things like this.

(10-28-2017, 12:58 PM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: Twitter has nothing to do with it, that's just the platform they used to announce it. I fully believe this is not a rumor. He's looking worse than Muschamp at this point and really seems like he has no idea what he's doing. He'll be gone by the end of the season.

Today's destruction at the hands of Georgia will more than likely put this further into motion as well.

Two consecutive SEC East titles was not a fluke. You have to give Jim McElwain some credit for that. Things turned south when we lost 10 players, including our top WR and RB, to a money scandal which I still don't understand. How much responsibility did McElwain have in that crap? What we do know is he mismanaged the QB depth chart.

My issue with Twitter is people love to believe tweets from unreliable sources without first checking websites that get their information from league and team insiders. That appeared to be the case when I read the tweet about boosters.

(10-28-2017, 02:26 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 12:58 PM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: Twitter has nothing to do with it, that's just the platform they used to announce it. I fully believe this is not a rumor. He's looking worse than Muschamp at this point and really seems like he has no idea what he's doing. He'll be gone by the end of the season.

Two consecutive SEC East titles was not a fluke. You have to give Jim McElwain some credit for that. Things turned south when we lost 10 players, including our top WR and RB, to a money scandal which I still don't understand. How much responsibility did McElwain have in that crap? What we do know is he mismanaged the QB depth chart.

My issue with Twitter is people love to believe tweets from unreliable sources without first checking websites that get their information from league and  team insiders. That appeared to be the case when I read the tweet about boosters.

So you know how to use Twitter but not Google? How do people even continue to fall for your crap?

Anyway sometimes where there is smoke there is fire, in this case there is a lot of smoke.

On top of all of his other mistakes, the death threat accusations (which oddly enough there hasn't been a peep about,) it's reported that he and the athletic director aren't on great terms.

I bet we see him gone by next game. A blasting by Georgia would probably get the papers signed a little quicker.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

He made that stuff up regarding the death threats. He has been a clown from day 1 and obvoiusly, as I’m watching FL-Ga right now, has already lost the players. He may have actually shot himself in the foot, I know UF admin has not been pleased with him, and the death treat fabrication story is a convenient excuse for the University to fire him

Plus, every rumor about the UF program in the past ends up being true, and this isn’t?

Yeah, he's as good as gone. Now the new headline on ESPN is:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/sto...th-threats

They're trying to figure out if they can fire him immediately without a buyout.

If you seriously thought the beginning rumors of a buyout weren't legit, I'd like to have some of what you're on because it doesn't take a genius to see that it was going to happen sooner or later.

OP, negative attitude about a headcoach, therefore i must call someone, a troll.

(10-28-2017, 06:56 PM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: Yeah, he's as good as gone. Now the new headline on ESPN is:

If you seriously thought the beginning rumors of a buyout weren't legit, I'd like to have some of what you're on because it doesn't take a genius to see that it was going to happen sooner or later.

Are you talking to me? I never denied the buyout rumors are legit. My point was you should not believe rumors that start on Twitter before a source such as ESPN reports them. Now that ESPN is reporting it, we know which tweets were fabricated.

It doesn’t matter. If it is just a rumor at this point then it is going to happen regardless

(10-28-2017, 07:32 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 06:56 PM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: Yeah, he's as good as gone. Now the new headline on ESPN is:

Are you talking to me? I never denied the buyout rumors are legit. My point was you should not believe rumors that start on Twitter before a source such as ESPN reports them. Now that ESPN is reporting it, we know which tweets were fabricated.

You're fabricated.

(10-28-2017, 09:24 PM)trunt87 Wrote: It doesn’t matter. If it is just a rumor at this point then it is going to happen regardless

Many rumors never become reality. If it is just a rumor, it probably will not happen.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2017, 03:08 AM by Tyler1Reformed.)

(10-28-2017, 09:45 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 09:24 PM)trunt87 Wrote: It doesn’t matter. If it is just a rumor at this point then it is going to happen regardless

Many rumors never become reality. If it is just a rumor, it probably will not happen.

Well... this is going to happen. I'd be surprised if it wasn't by the end of tomorrow.

Wait... what if they ended up making Randy Shannon interim HC (Which is what is reported will happen anyways) and then he gets made new HC. Surely they'd go after some big name with offense and not give RS his second HC job in FL.

I'm hoping the Gators say enough is enough to the point where they go out and get the best guy they can get. I don't wanna see any of those outside the box hires.

The UF "insiders" I saw being retweeted yesterday (I don't really follow school specific NCAA writers so I don't know how insider they really are) said the two names they were hearing as early candidates were Memphis HC Mike Norvell and Austin Peay HC Will Healy. Couldn't speak too much about either of them personally but there are articles about both of them being the next up and coming stud HCs so I guess that makes some sense.

Also lots of speculation about Scott Frost and that would be sweet of course, but he is also thought to have a deal ready to go to Nebraska after this season is over.

(10-29-2017, 09:45 AM)Upper Wrote: The UF "insiders" I saw being retweeted yesterday (I don't really follow school specific NCAA writers so I don't know how insider they really are) said the two names they were hearing as early candidates were Memphis HC Mike Norvell and Austin Peay HC Will Healy. Couldn't speak too much about either of them personally but there are articles about both of them being the next up and coming stud HCs so I guess that makes some sense.

Also lots of speculation about Scott Frost and that would be sweet of course, but he is also thought to have a deal ready to go to Nebraska after this season is over.

Hmmm. UF still does not know if a buyout can be done in-season, but have already decided to look at FCS coaches? That makes no sense.