Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Goodbye McElwain?

(10-29-2017, 10:31 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 09:45 AM)Upper Wrote: The UF "insiders" I saw being retweeted yesterday (I don't really follow school specific NCAA writers so I don't know how insider they really are) said the two names they were hearing as early candidates were Memphis HC Mike Norvell and Austin Peay HC Will Healy. Couldn't speak too much about either of them personally but there are articles about both of them being the next up and coming stud HCs so I guess that makes some sense.

Also lots of speculation about Scott Frost and that would be sweet of course, but he is also thought to have a deal ready to go to Nebraska after this season is over.

Hmmm. UF still does not know if a buyout can be done in-season, but have already decided to look at FCS coaches? That makes no sense.

Do you think they would wait until after they fire him to start looking at coaches?? THAT makes no sense.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-29-2017, 11:03 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 10:31 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Hmmm. UF still does not know if a buyout can be done in-season, but have already decided to look at FCS coaches? That makes no sense.

Do you think they would wait until after they fire him to start looking at coaches? THAT makes no sense.

We have to wait until December to contact any coaches, so this seems very early to start making a list.

(10-29-2017, 11:25 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 11:03 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Do you think they would wait until after they fire him to start looking at coaches? THAT makes no sense.

We have to wait until December to contact any coaches, so this seems very early to start making a list.

Like I said, do you really think they are going to wait to the very last minute to start their search??

(10-29-2017, 12:10 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 11:25 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: We have to wait until December to contact any coaches, so this seems very early to start making a list.

Like I said, do you really think they are going to wait to the very last minute to start their search??

Not that late, but I would have expected UF to wait until they know for sure a buyout can be done midseason.

(10-29-2017, 12:34 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 12:10 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Like I said, do you really think they are going to wait to the very last minute to start their search??

Not that late, but I would have expected UF to wait until they know for sure a buyout can be done midseason.

Even if they can’t buy him out mid season, if they’re wanting a new coach, it’s not going to stop them from looking for someone now.

And now it's official.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/flori...wain-fired

(10-28-2017, 12:49 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: It is just a rumor at this point. The article stats UF has denied buyout claims made on Twitter by unofficial sources. Clearly it is a situation to monitor, but also an example of why you should not depend on Twitter to get news stories.

And it’s also an example of why you shouldn’t discount everything you hear on twitter just because it’s twitter.

He's GONE!!! HES GONE!! REJOICE!

Now who do we get?? I liked Mac, I think he was just too nice to be a coach at a major university.

He just wasn't a good coach, thank God he is gone

(10-29-2017, 02:23 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Now who do we get?? I liked Mac, I think he was just too nice to be a coach at a major university.

And he really did mess up the QB situation. His arrogant attitude after it all bothered me.

But I do think he's a good coach, he would be better fit at a small school, I concur.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

not surprised at all they had to do it, you don't get beat like that and sit on your hands.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(10-29-2017, 12:34 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 12:10 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Like I said, do you really think they are going to wait to the very last minute to start their search??

You can get rid of a coach any time you want.  A buyout is simply the mutually negotiated compensation that is paid out, regardless of what the contract states.

Scott Frost of UCF would be a good candidate. He's really done good things with that program in a short period of time.

Gary Patterson would be another really good candidate. He's made TCU a powerhouse in the Big 12.

Scott Campbell, Like Scott Frost, has turned his program around in a short period of time as well. Iowa State pulled off another upset yesterday.

Charlie Strong. He's too strong of a recruiter to let USF poach that much talent from UF.

Frost

Dan Mullen is another possible

Lane Kiffen! Laughing

There is a rumor being reported by SEC Country that Tennessee has approached John Gruden about becoming their next head football coach at $10 million per season. I wonder if he even wants to come back?