Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Leonard Fournette Highlight Video is Fire

(10-30-2017, 11:16 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Vince Young won Rookie of the Year over MJD. Think this is gonna be similar. Hope for our sake Watson flames out.

Right now it has to be Watson. Vince to Watson numbers aren't comparable at all. Also, although MJD was beast mode his rookie year he was in rotation and not a featured back. Voters pick the starting QB in those situations. Shoot look at last year, Dak won over Elliot. As a rookie runner the man had 322 carries, 1632 yards, 15 tds, 32 rec, 362 yards rec, and 1 rec td ... and STILL they chose the QB. Right now it is a three man race between Watson, Fournette, and Hunt... but when there is a beloved QB out there they seem to always win.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

First it was hunt, the. LF had a huge day against pit, now it Watson.

(10-30-2017, 11:23 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: First it was hunt, the. LF had a huge day against pit, now it Watson.

Pretty much sums up this rookie race. Personally I'm just glad for two years in a row we've have arguably one of the best players in the draft... Granted we were a top 5 pick, it's nice not to miss on those picks unlike some teams... or previous years.

We've been fortunate to have Ramsey,Yannick, Fournette fall right in our laps.

(10-31-2017, 06:52 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We've been fortunate to have Ramsey,Yannick, Fournette fall right in our laps.

Makes me wonder who Gene would have drafted. Would make a good horror movie.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-31-2017, 06:52 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We've been fortunate to have Ramsey, Yannick, Fournette fall right in our laps.

Leonard Fournette did not fall in our lap. He was always projected as a top five pick and most analysts linked him to Jacksonville.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017, 10:33 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-31-2017, 06:52 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We've been fortunate to have Ramsey,Yannick, Fournette fall right in our laps.

Although we traded up a spot or 2, Robinson and Jack as well

(10-31-2017, 10:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 06:52 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We've been fortunate to have Ramsey, Yannick, Fournette fall right in our laps.

Leonard Fournette did not fall in our lap. He was always projected as a top five pick and most analysts linked him to Jacksonville.

The 49ers could have easily taken him or Car. could of traded over us to take him.

(10-31-2017, 10:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 10:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Leonard Fournette did not fall in our lap. He was always projected as a top five pick and most analysts linked him to Jacksonville.

The 49ers could have easily taken him or Car. could have traded over us to take him.

Nobody connected Leonard Fournette - or any other RB - to the 49ers. Throughout the entire draft process, the talk about them was QB or defense. At #8, the chatter about Carolina was they will either hope Fournette drops to them or pick a RB available at that pick, which is what they did.

(10-31-2017, 08:19 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

Makes me wonder who Gene would have drafted. Would make a good horror movie.

Your best barometer on that is Gene taking Andre Branch in the second round and Caldwell taking Yannick in the third. 

Tells you all you need to know.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2017, 05:57 AM by Treestone Ice.)

(10-31-2017, 10:46 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

The 49ers could have easily taken him or Car. could have traded over us to take him.

Nobody connected Leonard Fournette - or any other RB - to the 49ers. Throughout the entire draft process, the talk about them was QB or defense. At #8, the chatter about Carolina was they will either hope Fournette drops to them or pick a RB available at that pick, which is what they did.

The panthers tried to trade up to 2 for Fournette. Real Jaguars fans would know. 

http://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/...fournette/

(11-01-2017, 05:55 AM)Treestone Ice Wrote: The Panthers tried to trade up to 2 for Fournette. Real Jaguars fans would know. 

http://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/...fournette/

That is something Panthers fans would know. We did not have the #2 pick.

Is "fire" now an adjective?

(11-01-2017, 06:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Is "fire" now an adjective?

LOL I guess it is in the term "fire sale."

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2017, 06:54 AM by The Real Marty.)

(11-01-2017, 06:20 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 06:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Is "fire" now an adjective?

LOL I guess it is in the term "fire sale."

Then "garage" is an adjective, too.  As in, "This sale is garage!  Very very garage!"

Okay, I looked it up, and it is in the "Urban Dictionary" as an adjective. "This blunt is fire!" <So now we have an adjective modified by a noun.

Sorry, everybody, I know English is a living language, but I'm having a hard time keeping up.

Mods, I apologize for derailing the thread.

(11-01-2017, 06:42 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Okay, I looked it up, and it is in the "Urban Dictionary" as an adjective.  "This blunt is fire!"   <So now we have an adjective modified by a noun.

Sorry, everybody, I know English is a living language, but I'm having a hard time keeping up.

It's just the slang usage of "on fire" without the preposition. Common with the kids these days.  Often preceded with "straight" as in "straight up." 

"That new Kendrick Lamar joint is straight fire."  

Translated into slang from 20 years ago:  "That new song by Kendrick Lamar is straight up, on fire."

Anyway...  I liked the highlight edit. Someone did nice work there. The song choice is an odd one for a football highlight reel.  Not because it's a more current hip-hop track, but because it's too monotone and lacking intensity to be paired with the explosiveness taking place in the vid.

(10-31-2017, 10:46 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

This whole paragraph is inaccurate
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-29-2017, 07:47 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 07:24 PM)Upper Wrote: It was a good choice to strategically post this to distract everyone from the show the guy we should have taken with our pick has been putting on against Seattle in the game of the year thus far.

Watson's good but lets wait until the second year before we crown him because just like Winston, Mariotta, and Derek Carr are all having down years after we're as a society quick to crown them after one year. Remember this as well Robert Griffin had a similar type of rise and he crashed back to earth too so please calm down before you have a tantrum about this franchise selecting the wrong pick last year.

Disagree Watson is not a run first QB.  He reminds me of Vick or Cunningham.  He can run and when he does it is amazing.   But also can make big plays with throwing when needed. 

But he is a not a jag so hope he fails.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(10-29-2017, 08:32 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Sauce is something you eat, not something you hear.

I'm glad I read this.. I wish I'd read it sooner, though.

There I was listening to my dinner last night getting frustrated at the lack of pleasure I was getting from it..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...