Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Surgeons trying to save Zach Miller's leg

Not sure if anyone saw this gruesome injury to our former TE, but vascular surgeons are trying to save Miller's leg, not just his career. Hope all goes well!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ee-damage/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wishing him the best!! What an awful thing to have happen.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

The picture of the injury as it happened will make you draw breath sharply through your teeth. I hope everything turns out okay for him.

Hope he makes a full recovery. That's atrocious.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Terrible! I wish him the best.

I wish the guy the best, the pictures I saw of his injury were gruesome.

This is one of those "life is bigger than football" crises. Zach Miller should be fine, but life holds no guarantees.

(10-30-2017, 11:24 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: This is one of those "life is bigger than football" crises. Zach Miller should be fine, but life holds no guarantees.

Thank you, Dr. JaguarsWoman.

[Image: DNZz0QgX4AE0x3F.jpg]

Thanks NYC. It looks like they are doing all the right things to help him.

How the hell does that footage not break the Theismann rule?

I'm thankful I did not see the injury.

I'm glad they said the surgery was successful.

I'm hopeful he makes a complete recovery and can have a normal remainder of his life.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-30-2017, 06:35 PM)TJBender Wrote: How the hell does that footage not break the Theismann rule?

I was watching it live, and obviously you could tell after the play that he was injured, but I didn't notice it as it happened live.  As soon as they showed the replay you could immediately see what happened and it was sickening to watch, but somehow neither the commentators nor the replay people saw it because they immediately showed the replay like 3 more times before anyone noticed.

What is the Theismann rule?

(10-30-2017, 07:21 PM)empty Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 06:35 PM)TJBender Wrote: How the hell does that footage not break the Theismann rule?

I was watching it live, and obviously you could tell after the play that he was injured, but I didn't notice it as it happened live.  As soon as they showed the replay you could immediately see what happened and it was sickening to watch, but somehow neither the commentators nor the replay people saw it because they immediately showed the replay like 3 more times before anyone noticed.

I was watching with my son and he (my son) exclaimed "Oh my God!" when he saw the replay while I was getting a beer.  My son told me that seeing the injury was awful.  I didn't see it and have no desire to watch it.

Hopefully he recovers and is able to lead a normal and happy life.  His days of playing are pretty much over.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-30-2017, 08:33 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 07:21 PM)empty Wrote: I was watching it live, and obviously you could tell after the play that he was injured, but I didn't notice it as it happened live.  As soon as they showed the replay you could immediately see what happened and it was sickening to watch, but somehow neither the commentators nor the replay people saw it because they immediately showed the replay like 3 more times before anyone noticed.

I was watching with my son and he (my son) exclaimed "Oh my God!" when he saw the replay while I was getting a beer.  My son told me that seeing the injury was awful.  I didn't see it and have no desire to watch it.

Hopefully he recovers and is able to lead a normal and happy life.  His days of playing are pretty much over.

I saw a still frame of it. No desire to watch it in real time.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Is the "Theismann rule" an actual thing or something a poster made up?

From what I am reading here, it is definitely not a play that will be shown during NFL injury reports on television.