Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jaguars are interested in trading for Calvin Johnson

This isn't happening.
Signature goes here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I mean, Megatron is the perfect WR for Blake. Just chuck the ball downfield somewhere within a small garage distance from him and he'll catch it lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-30-2017, 08:25 PM)MojoKing Wrote: there is no way this is a thing
(10-30-2017, 08:33 PM)TheBigDawg Wrote: This isn't happening.

It is.  A blog "reported" on a tweet by a twit so it must be so.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Due to past injuries and not needing to come out. The chances of leaving retirement is slim to none. However, if he wanted to try for a Super Bowl ring. Jacksonville or Eagles are both great spots to go too.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(10-30-2017, 08:50 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Well alrighty then.... Break out the Champagne fellas, we goin to da 'ship.
Signature goes here.

And CJ basically said no.  So really it is a fun yet mute point.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Ha!

We got Bortles.

(10-30-2017, 08:52 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 08:50 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It is.  A blog "reported" on a tweet by a twit so it must be so.

And CJ basically said no.  So really it is a fun yet mute point.

How sad that the point can't talk.
Signature goes here.

If Calvin Johnson wants to play again, from a Lions fans standpoint I hope he's traded to the Jaguars. The Lions don't play the Jags again until 2020. Getting trade compensation from a team not on the schedule for 3 seasons for a player that's retired and off the salary cap books is a dream come true.

With the very high quality Defense the Jaguars have put together, even one or two plays by Calvin could be the difference for the Jaguars in a given game. He also would likely help in the Jags running game because of his blocking skills.

(10-30-2017, 09:31 PM)D6 Wrote: If Calvin Johnson wants to play again,  from a Lions fans standpoint I hope he's traded to the Jaguars.  The Lions don't play the Jags again until 2020.  Getting trade compensation from a team not on the schedule for 3 seasons for a player that's retired and off the salary cap books is a dream come true.    

With the very high quality Defense the Jaguars have put together,   even one or two plays by Calvin could be the difference for the Jaguars in a given game.  He also would likely help in the Jags running game because of his blocking skills.

You, sir, show a disappointing lack of faith in the possibility of a Jaguars vs. Lions Super Bowl within 3 years.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(10-30-2017, 09:43 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 09:31 PM)D6 Wrote: If Calvin Johnson wants to play again,  from a Lions fans standpoint I hope he's traded to the Jaguars.  The Lions don't play the Jags again until 2020.  Getting trade compensation from a team not on the schedule for 3 seasons for a player that's retired and off the salary cap books is a dream come true.    

With the very high quality Defense the Jaguars have put together,   even one or two plays by Calvin could be the difference for the Jaguars in a given game.  He also would likely help in the Jags running game because of his blocking skills.

You, sir, show a disappointing lack of faith in the possibility of a Jaguars vs. Lions Super Bowl within 3 years.

Could you imagine CJ catching a game winning TD against the Lions in the SB?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2017, 09:56 PM by D6.)

(10-30-2017, 09:43 PM)rollerjag Wrote:

I would be so far ahead of the game if this matchup occurred that I gladly would take my chances!

(10-30-2017, 09:46 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 09:43 PM)rollerjag Wrote: You, sir, show a disappointing lack of faith in the possibility of a Jaguars vs. Lions Super Bowl within 3 years.

Could you imagine CJ catching a game winning TD against the Lions in the SB?

Other than the part of the Lions actually getting to the Super Bowl,  it would sum up being a Lions fan over many, many decades.

From an NFL and human interest story,  it would be a fantastic ending.

I would have no doubt the FO has looked into every possible opportunity, but if the Jags want a guy like Calvin they should also call up the Cards and see if Fitz is available. Palmer is down, Fitz is 34... I mean it sounds realistic. Lol.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017, 02:02 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

(10-30-2017, 10:50 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 10:50 AM)Upper Wrote: Have you tried trading for her rights?
Does Annikan still have the rights to her?

He never did. I prefer the version with hair tho. No V for vendetta for me.

(10-30-2017, 11:22 AM)JagAU09 Wrote: We should trade them the rights to Justin Blackmon for the rights to Calvin Johnson.

They both have the same likelihood of playing this season.

Now this is a suggestion I like.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Eh, it's coming from Chris Mortenson, so it isn't just some random dude reporting this.

That said, I would be shocked if Megatron plays again anywhere.

Jags should try to pry away Larry Fitzgerald instead.

As I understand it, it would be a conditional trade for his rights. Basically, they give us the right to try to talk him out of retirement, and if we manage to sign him, then and only then would the Lions get compensation.

Am I right?

This rumor has all been shot down despite the discord of its legitimacy. The Lions are actually asking for a conditional 7th for his rights, where the Lions keep the 7th rounder if a team is able to sign him or not. The 7th becomes something more interesting if he is signed or if he plays, etc.

Yeah. The source cited is "mortreport" - but his blog and his twitter say zero about this rumor.

Not buying it in the slightest. Nor do I think the receiver is considering playing again.

(10-31-2017, 10:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah.  The source cited is "mortreport"  -  but his blog and his twitter say zero about this rumor.

Not buying it in the slightest.  Nor do I think the receiver is considering playing again.

As I stated earlier, the "source" is from a tweet made by a twit.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.