Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 10 Games Of Interest!

Saturday, November 4th
12:00 pm - #7 Penn State at #24 Michigan State
Not an easy game following a tough loss. Will PSU recover or can Michigan St. make it two in a row?

12:00 pm - Florida at Missouri
How will the team react post Mac firing, will Shannon be able to get this offense to open up a bit?

12:20 pm - Syracuse at Florida State
Not a gimme for FSU. Syracuse makes another trip to Florida, this time to Tallahassee, will they have enough to win this time back?

3:30 pm - #6 Clemson at #20 NC State

I wish this was a night game so I could see it. Should be a very good one. NC State has a very good defense, and an excellent front four. Great match up here.

3:30 pm - #18 Stanford at #25 Washington State
The Pirate! Way outside shot, but I want him to be the next coach in Gainesville! Fun teams to watch, and Leach makes pressers awesome!

4:00 pm - #8 Oklahoma at #11 Oklahoma State
Always a good one when this in state rivals meet. 

8:00 pm - #13 Virginia Tech at #9 Miami
First real test for Miami. I think they fail miserably. 

What else whets your appetite this week?
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't understand your comment about the FSU game. They are more of a gimme for Syracuse than the other way around.

FIRE CHARLES KELLY

Why do you keep forgetting UCF?

7-0 and facing a decent SMU team that is 6-2. Before USF decided to tank (and screw up the undefeated match up) there were 3 solid teams from the AAC in the top 25, and UCF would face a rematch against Memphis if things keep going as planned. UCF would make it into the BCS.

Just to let JW know, this could all be complete fabrication. Scott Frost could be negotiating a contract with UF or Nebraska, but he is currently publically stating that UF has not contacted him.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/uc...story.html

Turned offer from Oregon last year - https://247sports.com/college/central-fl...-109736521

(10-31-2017, 11:25 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: Why do you keep forgetting UCF?  

7-0 and facing a decent SMU team that is 6-2.  Before USF decided to tank (and screw up the undefeated match up) there were 3 solid teams from the AAC in the top 25, and UCF would face a rematch against Memphis if things keep going as planned.  UCF would make it into the BCS.

He does not forget about UCF. It is simply not a team he cares about.

I'm trying to hold back from being mean to certain posters here. Is there a feature from blocking certain members from seeing your posts?

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017, 12:18 PM by TravC59.)

(10-31-2017, 10:26 AM)jags_r_bake Wrote: I don't understand your comment about the FSU game. They are more of a gimme for Syracuse than the other way around.

FIRE CHARLES KELLY

Because typically Syracuse is a team FSU would run through, not so this year.

UCF-SMU just doesn't do it for me personally. That is why I like to add on at the end to add games that they like as well. All part of continuing the conversation of the post going.
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017, 12:28 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-31-2017, 12:14 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: I'm trying to hold back from being mean to certain posters here.  Is there a feature for blocking certain members from seeing your posts?

Click on the poster's username, scroll down to the bottom of his/her profile, and click on the Ignore User button. If everyone did that this forum would be much friendlier.

Oklahoma State vs. Oklahoma

I have a feeling either Mason Rudolph or Baker Mayfield will be our new starting QB by midseason 2018. At least I hope.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017, 01:32 PM by Kane.)

I'm no longer interested in college ball until the (insert team here) play the Tide in the Natty.

UF got me salty like that.

(10-31-2017, 12:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Oklahoma State vs. Oklahoma

I have a feeling either Mason Rudolph or Baker Mayfield will be our new starting QB by 2018. At least I hope.

ftfy

(10-31-2017, 01:31 PM)Kane Wrote: I'm no longer interested in college ball until the (insert team here) play the Tide in the Natty.

What is the Natty?

(10-31-2017, 01:31 PM)Kane Wrote: I'm no longer interested in college ball until the (insert team here) play the Tide in the Natty.

I have a feeling either Mason Rudolph or Baker Mayfield will be our new starting QB by 2018. At least I hope.

ftfy

I don't think we'll start them right away. I believe they will sit and learn for the first half of the season, maybe shorter, but then they will be thrown into the starter role after they get a feel for the NFL.

(10-31-2017, 11:48 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 11:25 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: Why do you keep forgetting UCF?  

7-0 and facing a decent SMU team that is 6-2.  Before USF decided to tank (and screw up the undefeated match up) there were 3 solid teams from the AAC in the top 25, and UCF would face a rematch against Memphis if things keep going as planned.  UCF would make it into the BCS.

He does not forget about UCF. It is simply not a team he cares about.

I’m pretty sure he knows more about how his brother feels than you do. Just sayin.

(10-31-2017, 12:26 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 12:14 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: I'm trying to hold back from being mean to certain posters here.  Is there a feature for blocking certain members from seeing your posts?

Click on the poster's username, scroll down to the bottom of his/her profile, and click on the Ignore User button. If everyone did that this forum would be much friendlier.

He’s not wanting to stop seeing someone else’s posts, he wants to know if he could block someone from seeing his posts.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-31-2017, 02:57 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 11:48 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: He does not forget about UCF. It is simply not a team he cares about.

I’m pretty sure he knows more about how his brother feels than you do. Just saying.

I did not realize they are in the same family.

(10-31-2017, 01:49 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

What is the Natty?

National championship game.

(10-31-2017, 02:59 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 02:57 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I’m pretty sure he knows more about how his brother feels than you do. Just saying.

I did not realize they are in the same family.

I’m sure there are times they don’t claim each other, but they are in the same family.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-31-2017, 03:00 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 01:49 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: What is the Natty?

National championship game.

Thanks.

(10-31-2017, 02:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

ftfy

I don't think we'll start them right away. I believe they will sit and learn for the first half of the season, maybe shorter, but then they will be thrown into the starter role after they get a feel for the NFL.

That would be a terrible back step for this team... to trot out Bortles or Henne only to have the rookie start midway.
If you're gonna play the young guy, play him from day 1, imo.

(10-31-2017, 03:14 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 02:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't think we'll start them right away. I believe they will sit and learn for the first half of the season, maybe shorter, but then they will be thrown into the starter role after they get a feel for the NFL.

That would be a terrible back step for this team... to trot out Bortles or Henne only to have the rookie start midway.

I think it all depends on how quickly they catch onto the playbook. Remember, Deshaun Watson didn't start the season. Neither did Dak Prescott when he was drafted. Sure, it didn't take them long to catch on thrive, but their tenure wasn't immediate. Hopefully, we draft a guy who can start right away, but if it takes a few games for them to be ready, that's fine too. I'm looking at the big picture. I believe we bring in a cheaper veteran FA QB as competition for the rookie. I don't expect them to start long, but it wouldn't surprise me if the veteran did start at least a few games.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017, 05:09 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I have a feeling either Mason Rudolph or Baker Mayfield will be our new starting QB by midseason 2018. At least I hope.

Agree, I think we could easily end up with at least 2 players from these teams in just the first couple rounds.

I think we end up drafting Rudolph or Mayfield also and end up with one of Orlando Brown, Mark Andrews, or James Washington

Hopefully our scouts are at this one

(10-31-2017, 03:14 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 02:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't think we'll start them right away. I believe they will sit and learn for the first half of the season, maybe shorter, but then they will be thrown into the starter role after they get a feel for the NFL.

Some QBs are ready more than others.  Look at Goff for example

This should be a great game for those who like a lot of scoring. It will be fun to watch both quarterbacks head to head and see which fits better for the Jaguars. Right now, I'd call it a toss-up. With Jimmy G. going to S.F., however, this does open up the window a little more for Cousins to come to Jacksonville. He has got to be interested in the Jaguars since he would go to a team that immediately becomes a Super Bowl contender for the next 3-5 years at the least. Add in Florida's tax rate and the Jaguars would have to be one of the favorites in the Cousins sweepstakes.

If the Jaguars do pull the trigger on Cousins, I think they'd still draft a quarterback- just not in the first round. Maybe someone like Ferguson or another developmental guy. The most important decision Coughlin/Caldwell may ever make in their current positions is how to approach this position. I trust Coughlin to make the right choice as his track record with quarterbacks has been very good (Brunell and Eli). Personally, I would prefer they take the quarterback in the first round and pick up a veteran in free agency in case Mayfield/Rudolph isn't ready to start immediately. I'm still not sure how good Cousins is (no doubt he's much better than Blake) and whether he'd be worth the huge salary he will command. Coughlin can't forget what happened when the Jaguars had to release Boselli and others due to serious salary cap problems. 

Can't wait for the game Saturday to see how they perform in this big rivalry.

(10-31-2017, 03:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 03:14 PM)Kane Wrote: That would be a terrible back step for this team... to trot out Bortles or Henne only to have the rookie start midway.

I think it all depends on how quickly they catch onto the playbook. Remember, Deshaun Watson didn't start the season. Neither did Dak Prescott when he was drafted. Sure, it didn't take them long to catch on thrive, but their tenure wasn't immediate. Hopefully, we draft a guy who can start right away, but if it takes a few games for them to be ready, that's fine too. I'm looking at the big picture. I believe we bring in a cheaper veteran FA QB as competition for the rookie. I don't expect them to start long, but it wouldn't surprise me if the veteran did start at least a few games.

Dak was a 4th rounder.

Watson started the 2nd half of the first game and has looked head and shoulders better than Savage... they should have just let the kid play.

I mean... if we have another veteran, that'd be ideal. Drafting Mayfield after signing Drew Brees would make for some magical scenario.

But if we trade up or draft a QB in the top 15, he's the dude, so we should start him, outside of having Brees/Cousins/Smith rostered.