Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars crack top 10

In Nfl.com's power rankings. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...spite-loss

[Image: a222d30e0560b48fa39c6a6aeafaa1fe.png]

Good stuff, our defense is legit, and the offense should come on stronger with Linder, Fournette, and Dede being available in the coming week(s). Here is the much desired respect we crave! /s

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017, 10:49 AM by brianmsbc.)

Its so weird to see the Cowboys and Falcons below us.

Is it just me or does our Jags logo look meaner now? Like its about to chase down a running gazelle and sack him.

Love the Star Wars comp lol

Rogue One was far better than Force Awakens though, unless youre a social justice snowflake
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

(10-31-2017, 11:02 AM)jagsfreak27 Wrote: Rogue One was far better than Force Awakens though, unless youre a social justice snowflake

I believe that is what they were saying too. Rogue one came a year after Force Awakens and was received much better.

Even still... Force Awakens was still light years better than the terrible Anakin prequels.

(10-31-2017, 11:05 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 11:02 AM)jagsfreak27 Wrote: Rogue One was far better than Force Awakens though, unless youre a social justice snowflake

I believe that is what they were saying too. Rogue one came a year after Force Awakens and was received much better.

Even still... Force Awakens was still light years better than the terrible Anakin prequels.

Ehhh. The prequels are not nearly as bad if you watch now and go in with low expectations. I actually loved revenge of the sith. The Portman love sub plot is still cringe though
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Get on topic and leave the political crap out of the football forums. 

Friendly warning.

(10-31-2017, 11:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Friendly warning.

Nobody is on topic dude.

(10-31-2017, 11:19 AM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 11:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Get on topic and leave the political crap out of the football forums. 

Friendly warning.

Nobody is on topic dude.

Exactly. So get on topic or start getting official warnings.  Is this so tough to understand? 
(Your first post was on topic actually)

Do the Jags deserve a top ten ranking?  

It may be a bit generous, but they are definitely on the cusp.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017, 11:26 AM by Cleatwood.)

Top 10 seems odd to me but given how this dudes whole top ten looks.... I'll take it.

Rams are the 2nd best team in the league? I don't know about that. If the Jags win their next 2 home games, top 10 will absolutely in the mix.

Titans 9 place behind us after giving us a beatdown at home isn't right.

(10-31-2017, 11:27 AM)JackCity Wrote: Titans 9 place behind us after giving us a beatdown at home isn't right.

That was essentially the highlight of their season though...
They have gotten a couple struggle wins since then... but they haven't looked like a top ten team.

I'm not saying we've exactly looked top ten either. But it isn't farfetched to put someone who beat us behind up many games later.

(10-31-2017, 11:29 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 11:27 AM)JackCity Wrote: Titans 9 place behind us after giving us a beatdown at home isn't right.

That was essentially the highlight of their season though...
They have gotten a couple struggle wins since then... but they haven't looked like a top ten team.

I'm not saying we've exactly looked top ten either. But it isn't farfetched to put someone who beat us behind up many games later.
When the Jags win they don't look like top 10.... They look like top 5.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017, 11:52 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-31-2017, 11:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Top 10 seems odd to me but given how this dudes whole top ten looks....I'll take it.

Rams are the 2nd best team in the league? I don't know about that. If the Jags win their next 2 home games, top 10 will absolutely in the mix.

Someone who thinks the Rams are the NFL's second-best team is not credible at all. But I would be very disappointed if the Jaguars were not on his list.

(10-31-2017, 11:31 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: When the Jags win they don't look like top 10.... They look like top 5.

Top five is in the top 10, silly.

(10-31-2017, 11:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Friendly warning.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

(10-31-2017, 11:31 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 11:29 AM)Kane Wrote: That was essentially the highlight of their season though...

When the Jags win they don't look like top 10.... They look like top 5.

Sure... but when we lose we look like bottom 5 lol (hyperbole on purpose)

I mean, we destroyed the Steelers and they're at #3.

(10-31-2017, 12:34 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:

I mean, we destroyed the Steelers and they're at #3.

Yeah.  It was actually very even for the first half and then the steelers repeatedly shot themselves in the foot. 

The jags beat them convincingly and out-played them but I wouldn't say they "destroyed" them.  Ben had a bad day and the steelers OC inexplicably abandoned the run. 

Still  -- your point remains perfectly valid -- there are a number of teams on the list ranked ahead of teams they've been defeated by.  It's a bit of a wild year that way as several teams have had some roller coaster moments in their W/L record.

(10-31-2017, 12:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 12:34 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: I mean, we destroyed the Steelers and they're at #3.

Yeah.  It was actually very even for the first half and then the steelers repeatedly shot themselves in the foot. 

The jags beat them convincingly and out-played them but I wouldn't say they "destroyed" them.  Ben had a bad day and the steelers OC inexplicably abandoned the run. 

Still  -- your point remains perfectly valid -- there are a number of teams on the list ranked ahead of teams they've been defeated by.  It's a bit of a wild year that way as several teams have had some roller coaster moments in their W/L record.
This.

Matter of fact. I wouldn't want to see the Steelers again this season. Doubt we could replicate that defensive performance against that offense.

I want to see a little more consistency before I personally bless this team with a top 10 ranking.