Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars crack top 10

(11-02-2017, 01:11 PM)Rico Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 01:07 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: He hasn't had to orchestrate a win from behind yet. 

Against Buffalo in London in 2015.

And we won that one.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-02-2017, 01:37 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 01:11 PM)Rico Wrote: Against Buffalo in London in 2015.

And we won that one.

No [BLEEP].  Isn't that what a win from behind is?  Good grief.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-02-2017, 01:37 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 01:11 PM)Rico Wrote: Against Buffalo in London in 2015.

And we won that one.

I'm sorry I meant this year. I am sure he has in 4 years. I am talking now that people are saying he has turned the corner.

(11-02-2017, 02:34 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 01:37 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: And we won that one.

I'm sorry I meant this year. I am sure he has in 4 years. I am talking now that people are saying he has turned the corner.

I am not the one who brought up a 2015 game. So far we have not needed to win from behind because in all four wins, we had a double-digit lead.

(11-02-2017, 04:43 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 02:34 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: I'm sorry I meant this year. I am sure he has in 4 years. I am talking now that people are saying he has turned the corner.

I am not the one who brought up a 2015 game. So far we have not needed to win from behind because in all four wins, we had a double-digit lead.
What?

We have needed to win from behind in 3 games this season: Rams, Titans and Jets. Blake was given numerous opportunities to come back in those games and the offense failed.

Yeah we've had 3 chances to come back

(11-02-2017, 06:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 04:43 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I am not the one who brought up a 2015 game. So far we have not needed to win from behind because in all four wins, we had a double-digit lead.

What?

We have needed to win from behind in 3 games this season: Rams, Titans and Jets. Blake was given numerous opportunities to come back in those games and the offense failed.

How in the world did you miss "all four wins" in my post? I did not say anything about the three losses.

(11-02-2017, 04:43 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 02:34 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: I'm sorry I meant this year. I am sure he has in 4 years. I am talking now that people are saying he has turned the corner.

We needed to come from behind in all 3 losses. He had opportunities to bring us back in all 3. Especially against the Rams. They essentally dared him to make a play as they put everyone in the box to stop the run.

Top 10 is a little generous considering the inconsistency of the team

(11-03-2017, 12:04 AM)Thundersnow Wrote: Top 10 is a little generous considering the inconsistency of the team

The whole league outside of 3 or 4 teams are up and down all year. I will say, its a tough year to gauge who is legit and who isn't. Makes for a really exciting year though. The way you can look at it, is we played a top 3 PR team in Pittsburgh and slaughtered them. We were sloppy on ST vs. The rams, another top team, and still made somewhat of a game out of that one. I think we are right around where we should be, the standings say we are 12th at worst, being we are in the playoffs if the season ended today. I could see us hanging with any team in the AFC outside of maybe NE or KC, and that's a big maybe.

(11-01-2017, 04:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 04:30 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: 19 is just way too low. We gave up 2 special teams scores against the Rams or we win.

If we touch Powell down, we beat NYJ. We've truly only got beat by TEN. 19 is just dumb

We did touch Powell down. All of the replays showed it. But Jason Myers was the guy who forced overtime by missing a kick and Marqise Lee had butterfingers.

I’m not sure I saw it that way.   After seeing the replays, I was left thinking it would stand.  Just couldn’t see enough to say in fact he was touched.  Defense needed to be smarter and finish the play.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2017, 05:51 AM by Jags.)

Am I the only one concerned that all fours wins this year were games in which the Defense held the opponent to 9 points or less?

(11-03-2017, 05:51 AM)Jags Wrote: Am I the only one concerned that all fours wins this year were games in which the Defense held the opponent to 9 points or less?

Why are you concerned about that? Points given up is not a fluke for our defense.

(11-03-2017, 05:51 AM)Jags Wrote: Am I the only one concerned that all fours wins this year were games in which the Defense held the opponent to 9 points or less?
Eh. Not really.

Scored 44 on the Ravens. 27 on the Colts. 30 on the Steelers and 29 on the Texans.

The season rests on the offense. Defense has played lights just about all season but it comes down to Blake and company. Sustaining drives, not turning the ball over and playing solid special teams. If those things happen, Jags will win the division hands down. Thats how good the defense is.