Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars crack top 10

(10-31-2017, 01:22 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 12:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah.  It was actually very even for the first half and then the steelers repeatedly shot themselves in the foot. 

The jags beat them convincingly and out-played them but I wouldn't say they "destroyed" them.  Ben had a bad day and the steelers OC inexplicably abandoned the run. 

Still  -- your point remains perfectly valid -- there are a number of teams on the list ranked ahead of teams they've been defeated by.  It's a bit of a wild year that way as several teams have had some roller coaster moments in their W/L record.
This.

Matter of fact. I wouldn't want to see the Steelers again this season. Doubt we could replicate that defensive performance against that offense.
Matter of fact, I would love to see the Steelers again this season. 

That most likely means we made the playoffs and won a playoff game....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-31-2017, 12:34 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 11:27 AM)JackCity Wrote: Titans 9 place behind us after giving us a beatdown at home isn't right.

I mean, we destroyed the Steelers and they're at #3.

No team rankings mean anything until all analysts strictly base all of them on what actually happens on the field.

(10-31-2017, 01:54 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 12:34 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: I mean, we destroyed the Steelers and they're at #3.

No team rankings mean anything until all analysts strictly base all of them on what actually happens on the field.

You do realize ALL team rankings mean nothing...right?  Because they are all OPINIONS.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-31-2017, 11:29 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 11:27 AM)JackCity Wrote: Titans 9 place behind us after giving us a beatdown at home isn't right.

That was essentially the highlight of their season though...
They have gotten a couple struggle wins since then... but they haven't looked like a top ten team.

I'm not saying we've exactly looked top ten either. But it isn't farfetched to put someone who beat us behind up many games later.
See the way I would look at that is they've grinded out games they've played pretty poorly in. So far we've lost the games we've struggled in but steamrolled the rest. 

I think we're a better squad than the titans overall but as of right now I think they're top dog in the division until we prove otherwise. That game against the titans at the end of the year will be the most important game in years and years.

(10-31-2017, 12:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 12:34 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: I mean, we destroyed the Steelers and they're at #3.

Yeah.  It was actually very even for the first half and then the steelers repeatedly shot themselves in the foot. 

The jags beat them convincingly and out-played them but I wouldn't say they "destroyed" them.  Ben had a bad day and the steelers OC inexplicably abandoned the run. 

Still  -- your point remains perfectly valid -- there are a number of teams on the list ranked ahead of teams they've been defeated by.  It's a bit of a wild year that way as several teams have had some roller coaster moments in their W/L record.
Very little between everyone in the middle class this year.

ESPN poll has the Texans ranked 10 and us 14. Their rankings are all out of whack. Then again, it IS ESPN.

(10-31-2017, 02:04 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 01:54 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: No team rankings mean anything until all analysts strictly base all of them on what actually happens on the field.

You do realize ALL team rankings mean nothing...right?  Because they are all OPINIONS.

Are you saying opinions don't matter? You are on a strange website then.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017, 02:33 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-31-2017, 02:04 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 01:54 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: No team rankings mean anything until all analysts strictly base all of them on what actually happens on the field.

That is exactly what I just said.

(10-31-2017, 02:29 PM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 02:04 PM)Rico Wrote: You do realize ALL team rankings mean nothing...right?  Because they are all OPINIONS.

Are you saying opinions don't matter? You are on a strange website then.

Opinions based on FACTS matter. The facts do not match the opinions of analysts who are supposed to be neutral about all 32 teams.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017, 02:40 PM by RicoTx.)

(10-31-2017, 02:31 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 02:04 PM)Rico Wrote: You do realize ALL team rankings mean nothing...right?  Because they are all OPINIONS.

That is exactly what I just said.

(10-31-2017, 02:29 PM)brianmsbc Wrote: Are you saying opinions don't matter? You are on a strange website then.

Opinions based on FACTS matter. The facts do not match the opinions of analysts who are supposed to be neutral about all 32 teams.

That is really dumb.  They are still OPINIONS.  Good God.  Do you think everybody will have the same OPINION even if they have the exact same set of facts?  That's why they call them OPINIONS.

And that wasn't at all 'exactly what you said'.

(10-31-2017, 02:37 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 02:31 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: That is exactly what I just said.

That is really dumb.  They are stil OPINIONS.  Good God.  Do you think everybody will have the same OPINION even if they have th e exact same set of facts?  That's why they call them OPINIONS.

And that wasn't at all 'exactly what you said.

Yup! You can believe anything you want to and support it with facts.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017, 03:08 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-31-2017, 02:37 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 02:31 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: That is exactly what I just said.

That is really dumb.  They are still OPINIONS.  Good God.  Do you think everybody will have the same OPINION even if they have the exact same set of facts?  That's why they call them OPINIONS.

You misunderstood what I said then. What's really dumb is basing opinions on fiction, which many people love to do.

Example A: Running backs should not be drafted fourth overall. How good are Elliott and Fournette doing?

What a joke. That has nothing to do with what you said either time. Carry on. I'm done here.

(10-31-2017, 02:57 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 02:37 PM)Rico Wrote: That is really dumb.  They are still OPINIONS.  Good God.  Do you think everybody will have the same OPINION even if they have the exact same set of facts?  That's why they call them OPINIONS.

You misunderstood what I said then. What's really dumb is basing opinions on fiction, which many people love to do.

Example A: Running backs should not be drafted fourth overall. How good are Elliott and Fournette doing?

To be fair... your "example" is paper thin... for all we know those could be the only two RB's that have ever returned their draft position value... and fournette has played in 6 games in his career. 

That's another example that you can have any opinion you want and support it with facts.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017, 03:35 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-31-2017, 03:16 PM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 02:57 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: You misunderstood what I said then. What's really dumb is basing opinions on fiction, which many people love to do.

To be fair... your "example" is paper thin... for all we know those could be the only two RBs that have ever returned their draft position value... and Fournette has played in 6 games in his career. 

That's another example that you can have any opinion you want and support it with facts.

That is not a fact. The facts are what already happened. Everything else is speculation.

(10-31-2017, 01:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 01:22 PM)Kane Wrote: This.

Matter of fact. I wouldn't want to see the Steelers again this season. Doubt we could replicate that defensive performance against that offense.
Matter of fact, I would love to see the Steelers again this season. 

That most likely means we made the playoffs and won a playoff game....

Fair point...
lol

The last time we were in the playoffs we beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh twice.

We're actually a top 10 team and it's bc of our lights out defense and running game. With Westbrook coming back, our offense will open up more. And we can keep hiding #5.

I like us at number 10.

(10-31-2017, 06:46 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We're actually a top 10 team and it's bc of our lights out defense and running game. With Westbrook coming back, our offense will open up more. And we can keep hiding #5.

I like us at number 10.

Blake Bortles has shown us we don't need to hide him.

The post machine has the pedal to the metal.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(10-31-2017, 07:37 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 06:46 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We're actually a top 10 team and it's bc of our lights out defense and running game. With Westbrook coming back, our offense will open up more. And we can keep hiding #5.

I like us at number 10.

Blake Bortles has shown us we don't need to hide him.

LOL

He's shown it in two games. The others... not so much.