Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars crack top 10

(10-31-2017, 07:41 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: The post machine has the pedal to the metal.

The post machine is not participating in this thread.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-31-2017, 07:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 07:41 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: The post machine has the pedal to the metal.

The post machine is not participating in this thread.

You need a special rule of not posting ten posts after your last.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017, 08:00 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-31-2017, 07:50 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 07:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The post machine is not participating in this thread.

You need to learn moderators hate off-topic insults and do a good job letting everyone know it.

(10-31-2017, 07:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 07:37 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Blake Bortles has shown us we don't need to hide him.

LOL

He's shown it in two games. The others... not so much.

Are you including the Week 16 Titans game last year, when he did not have a good RB or LT?

(10-31-2017, 08:03 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 07:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

He's shown it in two games. The others... not so much.

Are you including the Week 16 Titans game last year, when he did not have a good RB or LT?

No. I'm only analyzing this season with that comment. 

He was so much more consistently bad last year than good, that I'm just leaving 2016 in the past.

(10-31-2017, 07:50 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 07:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The post machine is not participating in this thread.

You need a special rule of not instigating and taking threads off topic.

(10-31-2017, 07:55 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 07:50 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: You need a special rule of not posting ten posts after your last.

You need to learn moderators hate off-topic insults and do a good job letting everyone know it.

You need to learn to stop lecturing others about what moderators "hate" or not.

Stop the useless banter and keep on topic!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

If we don't win on Sunday then we should drop to 19th. No excuses to not beat bad teams now.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(11-01-2017, 08:41 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: If we don't win on Sunday then we should drop to 19th. No excuses to not beat bad teams now.
Bengals are a team that the Jags have been crushing. Very poor Oline that is inefficient running the ball. Thats a recipe for a Jags win IMO.

PFF has us at #19... unfortunately, PFF seems more intelligent than ESPN.

(11-01-2017, 10:18 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: PFF has us at #19... unfortunately, PFF seems more intelligent than ESPN.

In this case PFF seems to be less intelligent than ESPN.

19 is just way too low. We gave up 2 special teams scores against the Rams or we win.

If we touch Powell down, we beat NYJ. We've truly only got beat by TEN. 19 is just dumb

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2017, 04:45 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(11-01-2017, 04:30 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: 19 is just way too low. We gave up 2 special teams scores against the Rams or we win.

If we touch Powell down, we beat NYJ. We've truly only got beat by TEN. 19 is just dumb

We did touch Powell down. All of the replays showed it. But Jason Myers was the guy who forced overtime by missing a kick and Marqise Lee had butterfingers.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2017, 04:50 PM by MalabarJag.)

(11-01-2017, 04:30 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: 19 is just way too low. We gave up 2 special teams scores against the Rams or we win.

Way too low.

The Jags are 2nd in point differential per game. We've played teams that are a combined 27-26 (24-22 in games not including the Jags), so it's not as if we're feasting on bottom dwellers.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2017, 04:53 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(11-01-2017, 04:49 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Way too low.

The Jags are 2nd in point differential per game. We've played teams that are a combined 27-26 (24-22 in games not including the Jags), so it's not as if we're feasting on bottom dwellers.

We also have the #2 pass defense and I read twice we have the #1 rush offense.

(11-01-2017, 04:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

We did touch Powell down. All of the replays showed it. But Jason Myers was the guy who forced overtime by missing a kick and Marqise Lee had butterfingers.

a) I didn't see ANY replays that conclusively showed anyone touched Powell.  So I don't know how the hell you saw one that did.

b) I don't know how you can say Myers' missed kick 'forced overtime'.  Myles Jack had his fumble return for a touchdown AFTER Myers missed field goal.  So the Jets never would have had the ball for that play if Myers had made the kick.

c) Hey, you finally got ONE thing right.  Lee had a bad drop.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-31-2017, 07:37 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 06:46 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We're actually a top 10 team and it's bc of our lights out defense and running game. With Westbrook coming back, our offense will open up more. And we can keep hiding #5.

I like us at number 10.

Blake Bortles has shown us we don't need to hide him.

Not all of us. He has looked good against 2 pretty bad teams this year compared to almost 4 years of not looking so good. (sory I don't count all of the garbage time stuff from 15) The Rams still defended him with goalline in the middle of the field and he could never take advantage of it. This would be a sign of disrespect to almost any other QB. We will see against Cinci and their defense. I hope and pray he has turned the corner and will be the first to celebrate it if he does but right now he is still the weakest link on this team.

LOL at 19. We are 3 plays away(Powell, 2 ST blunders) from being 6-1. We have had some fluke plays hit us in those 2 games and it cost us big in those games. With a little less "bad luck" this team would be the 1st seed in the AFC. We belong right where we are, and maybe even top 6 if we can get a W this week. We are a much better team this year.

(11-02-2017, 09:32 AM)RealJagsFan Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 07:37 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Blake Bortles has shown us we don't need to hide him.

Not all of us. He has looked good against 2 pretty bad teams this year compared to almost 4 years of not looking so good. (Sorry I don't count all of the garbage time stuff from 15.) The Rams still defended him with goal line in the middle of the field and he could never take advantage of it. This would be a sign of disrespect to almost any other QB. We will see against Cincinnati and their defense. I hope and pray he has turned the corner and will be the first to celebrate it if he does but right now he is still the weakest link on this team.

There actually was not much garbage time to pad the stats.

(11-02-2017, 12:02 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 09:32 AM)RealJagsFan Wrote: Not all of us. He has looked good against 2 pretty bad teams this year compared to almost 4 years of not looking so good. (Sorry I don't count all of the garbage time stuff from 15.) The Rams still defended him with goal line in the middle of the field and he could never take advantage of it. This would be a sign of disrespect to almost any other QB. We will see against Cincinnati and their defense. I hope and pray he has turned the corner and will be the first to celebrate it if he does but right now he is still the weakest link on this team.

There actually was not much garbage time to pad the stats.

I was stating that I didn't look at 2015 stats as good when looking at his body of work. In other words, I don't believe he has shown that he is a franchise QB based off of his entire career. I can't cherry pick a few good games to reduce the sample size. The next nine games will tell a lot. He hasn't had to orchestrate a win from behind yet. I do believe that we can and will get to the playoffs with him due to the defense and running game.

(11-02-2017, 01:07 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 12:02 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: There actually was not much garbage time to pad the stats.

He hasn't had to orchestrate a win from behind yet. 

Against Buffalo in London in 2015.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]