Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pff 1st mock draft 2018 Oct 31

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017, 08:33 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

This is a bit of a different draft.  This could be a worst nightmare draft for us imo.  All my top guys I want are gone.  Thoughts?

If it fell like this I would honestly trade back.  All the top QBs are gone, top guard is gone, and my top RT for us is gone, not to mention James Washington is gone.

Who would you take?  Thoughts.

An interesting pick, has a couple of 200 yard+ games.  I have heard the name but havent seen him play.  Going to have to pay more attention to this guy, diddnt realize he was putting up those kind of numbers and looks to be tough as hell after the catch as well.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/dr...ck-draft-1

side note, I really hope the Colts dont end up with Barkley

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Watching Gallup clips on youtube, his game and body looks a bit like Justin Blackmon. Watched the Alabama game and could of easlily had over 150 yards and a TD. 1 drop and a TD catch where he was clearly in the said he was out of bounds. Leading the country in receiving as well. This guy looks like the real deal.

If the draft went like this, I think I'd jump off the tallest building I could find. There would be no QB left worth taking and no QB means no chance of a Superbowl.

(10-31-2017, 10:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If the draft went like this, I think I'd jump off the tallest building I could find. There would be no QB left worth taking and no QB means no chance of a Superbowl.

All the teams that needed a QB drafted one.  So im guessing we signed Cousins in this draft

(10-31-2017, 10:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 10:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If the draft went like this, I think I'd jump off the tallest building I could find. There would be no QB left worth taking and no QB means no chance of a Superbowl.

All the teams that needed a QB drafted one.  So im guessing we signed Cousins in this draft

That would be a terrible idea. He's gonna demand a huge contract and with all the money we've spent on the defensive side of the football, we'd be over the cap in a couple of years and we'd have to start dismantling the team. I don't wanna put ourselves in a position where we have to get rid of key players in order to stay under the cap.

(10-31-2017, 11:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 10:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: All the teams that needed a QB drafted one.  So im guessing we signed Cousins in this draft

That would be a terrible idea. He's gonna demand a huge contract and with all the money we've spent on the defensive side of the football, we'd be over the cap in a couple of years and we'd have to start dismantling the team. I don't wanna put ourselves in a position where we have to get rid of key players in order to stay under the cap.
Is sign him for 25 mil.  You could cut Ivory and Blake and get that.  We will be in good cap space in a few years, not worried about that, as long as we keep drafting good we are fine

If QB is your missing piece you trade up. All there is to it.

(11-01-2017, 12:15 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 11:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That would be a terrible idea. He's gonna demand a huge contract and with all the money we've spent on the defensive side of the football, we'd be over the cap in a couple of years and we'd have to start dismantling the team. I don't wanna put ourselves in a position where we have to get rid of key players in order to stay under the cap.
Is sign him for 25 mil.  You could cut Ivory and Blake and get that.  We will be in good cap space in a few years, not worried about that, as long as we keep drafting good we are fine

No we won't be. We might be fine for the 2018 season, but some of those contracts really start kicking in the 2nd and 3rd years. It's 2019 and 2020 when we'd be over the cap. You cannot overspend. If you do and you still need a franchise QB, the best thing to do is draft one. If we are in the position that this mock draft shows, we need to trade up, which I'm normally against, but we have few needs left and giving up a pair of first rounders and a few other picks would be worth it to get that final, crucial puzzle piece.

(11-01-2017, 06:09 AM)haveaseat Wrote: If QB is your missing piece you trade up. All there is to it.

Yeah this... in recent years we've seen the Eagles and Rams move up to get their guy.

Depending on where we draft, we might just have to make a blockbuster "all in" kind of move.

Guess you could still take the kid from NCSU, Finley in the second or wherever he projects. Then, let's say Luck heals up, trade a mid-rounder for Brissett. Think he could be pretty decent in the right environment.

(11-01-2017, 12:51 PM)Billycool Jag Wrote: Guess you could still take the kid from NCSU, Finley in the second or wherever he projects.  Then, let's say Luck heals up, trade a mid-rounder for Brissett.  Think he could be pretty decent in the right environment.

If Finley comes out, which I don't believe he will, he'll be a first rounder. I wouldn't trade anything for Brissett. I think we can do way better than him and a 3rd rounder would be way too high of a price.

Just give me Finley or Ferguson at that point.

I want Nelson/Brown Jr/McGlinchey or Jackson/Mayfield/Rudolph/Rosen all are gone by our pick...

Lamar Jackson is going to be a bust. I hope we do not trade down for him.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(11-01-2017, 02:53 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: Lamar Jackson is going to be a bust. I hope we do not trade down for him.

Up or down?

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2017, 05:46 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-01-2017, 09:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 12:15 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Is sign him for 25 mil.  You could cut Ivory and Blake and get that.  We will be in good cap space in a few years, not worried about that, as long as we keep drafting good we are fine

No we won't be. We might be fine for the 2018 season, but some of those contracts really start kicking in the 2nd and 3rd years. It's 2019 and 2020 when we'd be over the cap. You cannot overspend. If you do and you still need a franchise QB, the best thing to do is draft one. If we are in the position that this mock draft shows, we need to trade up, which I'm normally against, but we have few needs left and giving up a pair of first rounders and a few other picks would be worth it to get that final, crucial puzzle piece.

Some of those contracts we can cut by then and still have our core.  After 2018 we can cut Dareus, which is 11.5 mil.  If we haven't already by then Jackson at 15 mil or I feel Day will take his place and excell.  And Campbell will be tuning 34 so I doubt he will be playing at the same level which is another 15 mil.  Thats just 41.5 mil. just with those 3.  Parnell will be turning 34 another 6 mil.  and Lewis last year will save 3.5.  Not to mention if we do sign Cousins Im sure it will be front loaded so if for some reason it doesnt work out in the first couple years you cut bait.  We are good on cap space as long as they keep doing what they have been doing. We just have to keep drafting good and we will be in great shape if we bring in a Cousins or Alex Smith

(11-01-2017, 05:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 09:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No we won't be. We might be fine for the 2018 season, but some of those contracts really start kicking in the 2nd and 3rd years. It's 2019 and 2020 when we'd be over the cap. You cannot overspend. If you do and you still need a franchise QB, the best thing to do is draft one. If we are in the position that this mock draft shows, we need to trade up, which I'm normally against, but we have few needs left and giving up a pair of first rounders and a few other picks would be worth it to get that final, crucial puzzle piece.

Some of those contracts we can cut by then and still have our core.  After 2018 we can cut Dareus, which is 11.5 mil.  If we haven't already by then Jackson at 15 mil or I feel Day will take his place and excell.  And Campbell will be tuning 34 so I doubt he will be playing at the same level which is another 15 mil.  Thats just 41.5 mil. just with those 3.  Parnell will be turning 34 another 6 mil.  and Lewis last year will save 3.5.  Not to mention if we do sign Cousins Im sure it will be front loaded so if for some reason it doesnt work out in the first couple years you cut bait.  We are good on cap space as long as they keep doing what they have been doing.  We just have to keep drafting good and we will be in great shape if we bring in a Cousins or Alex Smith

If we cut Dareus we'll have to go out and find another run stuffer though. We brought him in for a reason and I don't believe it was to be some short term band aid. I don't wanna cut Jackson either. You wanna cut our leading sacker? You're completely losing me. This defense is finally at a point where they are dominant. Why would you wanna tinker with it? Parnell is finally starting to play well too and until we find a decent replacement for him, you can't cut him either. I don't wanna dismantle key parts of this team for an overpriced, middle of the road QB, when we will be in a position to trade up in this talented QB class, keep our defensive core together for the immediate future and potentially get a guy that can be our QB for the next 10-12 years.

(11-01-2017, 05:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 05:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Some of those contracts we can cut by then and still have our core.  After 2018 we can cut Dareus, which is 11.5 mil.  If we haven't already by then Jackson at 15 mil or I feel Day will take his place and excell.  And Campbell will be tuning 34 so I doubt he will be playing at the same level which is another 15 mil.  Thats just 41.5 mil. just with those 3.  Parnell will be turning 34 another 6 mil.  and Lewis last year will save 3.5.  Not to mention if we do sign Cousins Im sure it will be front loaded so if for some reason it doesnt work out in the first couple years you cut bait.  We are good on cap space as long as they keep doing what they have been doing.  We just have to keep drafting good and we will be in great shape if we bring in a Cousins or Alex Smith

If we cut Dareus we'll have to go out and find another run stuffer though. We brought him in for a reason and I don't believe it was to be some short term band aid. I don't wanna cut Jackson either. You wanna cut our leading sacker? You're completely losing me. This defense is finally at a point where they are dominant. Why would you wanna tinker with it? Parnell is finally starting to play well too and until we find a decent replacement for him, you can't cut him either. I don't wanna dismantle key parts of this team for an overpriced, middle of the road QB, when we will be in a position to trade up in this talented QB class, keep our defensive core together for the immediate future and potentially get a guy that can be our QB for the next 10-12 years.
I was talking about after 2018, not the end of this years.

(11-01-2017, 06:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 05:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If we cut Dareus we'll have to go out and find another run stuffer though. We brought him in for a reason and I don't believe it was to be some short term band aid. I don't wanna cut Jackson either. You wanna cut our leading sacker? You're completely losing me. This defense is finally at a point where they are dominant. Why would you wanna tinker with it? Parnell is finally starting to play well too and until we find a decent replacement for him, you can't cut him either. I don't wanna dismantle key parts of this team for an overpriced, middle of the road QB, when we will be in a position to trade up in this talented QB class, keep our defensive core together for the immediate future and potentially get a guy that can be our QB for the next 10-12 years.
I was talking about after 2018, not the end of this years.

I know.

(11-01-2017, 07:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 06:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I was talking about after 2018, not the end of this years.

I know.

You will be sad when Dareus and Jasckson aren't here in 2019.  That money will be going to Fowler and Yannick.  I see us drafting a couple DT's early in the 2019 draft

(11-01-2017, 07:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 07:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I know.

You will be sad when Dareus and Jasckson aren't here in 2019.  That money will be going to Fowler and Yannick.  I see us drafting a couple DT's early in the 2019 draft

We'll just have to see.