Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags better because Vernon turned us down

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2017, 03:48 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(11-01-2017, 01:54 PM)Inziladun Wrote: We don't have a lot of cap space to be spending in FA, maybe some smaller depth level contracts but not much.

At this point we don't need a ton of cap space for big name UFAs - especially on defense.

(11-01-2017, 03:08 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 02:29 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: What makes you think if we had Terrell Suggs we would not need a top level DE?

All of our $$ would have been tied up in Big Ben & T Suggs right now after winning the Jags 4 super bowls so we wouldn't be able to afford Calais Campbell.

Feeling no need to sign Calais Campbell means we don't even want him regardless of our financial situation.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-01-2017, 01:24 PM)Inziladun Wrote: Campbell is a godsend because he's really embracing his role here in Jacksonville, not only with on the field performance but off the field as well. He's the face of our Defense this year, motivating our guys up front and doing a lot of off the field work with this team. Every time I see him asking stupid fan questions to our players at the Mellow Mushroom(?) table I'm all giddy. A real down to earth guy and a very nice fit for our culture, love players like him. Don't see Vernon stepping up like that, he was just looking to get paid. Campbell really does embrace this team and he's making the best of it and it shows. Arizona lost not only a stand up player but a stand up guy.

I definitely appreciate the fact that he seems to actually want to be here as opposed to being here just to get paid. We've had too many of those guys come through here- Albert being one- and I'm tired of that crap. I don't care that the media doesn't have much use for us but players who don't take us seriously.... That's a burr in my saddle. This is not Club Med.

(11-02-2017, 04:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I definitely appreciate the fact that he seems to actually want to be here as opposed to being here just to get paid. We've had too many of those guys come through here- Albert being one- and I'm tired of that crap. I don't care that the media doesn't have much use for us but players who don't take us seriously.... That's a burr in my saddle. This is not Club Med.

Calais Campbell is a Denver native. It was a close call between Jacksonville and Denver for him. Campbell said he chose Jacksonville to be a part of a team nearing the end of a long, frustrating rebuild to become competitive again. That is something I really admire about him. He could have chosen a team that has been an annual playoff team for years, which we all know many players do.