Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Malik Jackson

Do you think he's having a good year? Is he getting out shined bc Yannick and the boys are killing it

Some people said he only succeeded in Denver bc of their dline. But our Dline is just as good this year. 

Did we pay too much, looking back?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He's having a fine year. He causes havoc on the inside and has definitely attributed to everyone else's sack numbers. He's also playing through an injured groin. And we definitely did overpay, but that's free agency.

He was good last year. He's been average the past 5 games or so this year. Tony and the boys have mentioned his play the last few weeks on Jaguars Monday. He's been playing with a groin injury and has been on the injury report so that may have something to do with it. They also mentioned that he may have lost too much weight during the offseason and it's effecting his power. FWIW, he does have 3 sacks on the season at the halfway mark and he had 6.5 at the end of last year.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

For me he’s an integral part of the destruction, he might not have the numbers that Campbell, Ngakoue and Fowler* have, but without Jackson I suspect they might not have been as productive as they have been.

*it sure feels nice to type about Fowler in this manner.

(11-01-2017, 04:28 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Do you think he's having a good year? Is he getting out shined because Yannick and the boys are killing it.

Some people said he only succeeded in Denver because of their D-line. But our D-line is just as good this year. 

Um, Malik Jackson is part of the defensive line . . . What do you mean by that? Also, our defensive line is better than Denver's this year against the pass.

If we did not pay Jackson $90 million, he absolutely would have found another team. Jackson said weeks later he chose Jacksonville for the money.

(11-01-2017, 04:40 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 04:28 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Do you think he's having a good year? Is he getting out shined because Yannick and the boys are killing it.

Some people said he only succeeded in Denver because of their D-line. But our D-line is just as good this year. 

Um, Malik Jackson is part of the defensive line . . .

Oh is he?

(11-01-2017, 04:54 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 04:40 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Um, Malik Jackson is part of the defensive line . . .

Oh is he?

Why do you ask?

He was I believe #40 in #NFL1000s midseason top 100 list that was released just today or yesterday.

I think he's been perfectly fine this year. The only reason people question him is bc he's not putting up the flashy numbers like CC, but he's a crucial part to the line IMO.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2017, 05:29 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(11-01-2017, 05:23 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I think he's been perfectly fine this year. The only reason people question him is because he's not putting up the flashy numbers like CC, but he's a crucial part to the line IMO.

They don't play the same position. Of course Campbell will make the more splashy plays because he usually is a DE and has a lot more experience.

(11-01-2017, 05:14 PM)Upper Wrote: He was I believe #40 in #NFL1000s midseason top 100 list that was released just today or yesterday.

Weird seeing 3 Jags in the top 10 players.

I'm satisfied. I wouldn't change anything on defense.

He's fine. He's playing hurt and surrounded by more talent. Nothing to worry about.

Having Dareus rotate will allow Malik to get fewer snaps and hopefully get healthier.

(11-01-2017, 05:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He's fine.  He's playing hurt and surrounded by more talent. Nothing to worry about.

Having Dareus rotate will allow Malik to get fewer snaps and hopefully get healthier.

I thought Dareus will rotate with Jones.

I think he’s having a great year honestly. We just have more toys than last year and that overshadows his effectiveness. Dude is still playing at a high level

He is playing like hot garbage on run defense. You can't put it all on Abry. Him and Abry both need to step up their game, hence the addition of Dareus.

(11-01-2017, 05:35 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 05:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He's fine.  He's playing hurt and surrounded by more talent. Nothing to worry about.

I thought Dareus will rotate with Jones.

They use different duos in the middle depending on down and distance (and opponent.) 
 Dareus would rotate with Jones on Base downs - but could easily rotate with Jackson on Nickel downs since he's adept at rushing the passer from the middle.

Not sure why everyone is looking at his sack number and saying he is playing fine. The interior DL is CRUCIAL in run defense... You know the same run defense that is allowing the most run yards in the NFL...

(11-01-2017, 05:42 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Not sure why everyone is looking at his sack number and saying he is playing fine. The interior DL is CRUCIAL in run defense... You know the same run defense that is allowing the most run yards in the NFL...

I'm not looking at sack numbers at all. (it's not an impressive number BTW - but his pressures have been good) 

I'm watching him play, remembering that he's hurt, and recognizing that the run defense is being negatively affected more by the drop-off at NT and some bad gap fits from LBs than it is from the 3 tech. 

Teams are running out of 3 wide sets which takes Poz off the field as well. 

There are lots of reasons the run game is struggling.  Jackson has a role in it but I see these other reasons looming larger.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2017, 05:49 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

No where near to his contract and he is a liability against the run. I feel at the end of the season Day will be ready to take that staring 3 tech spot and our D wont miss a beat and we save 10 mil. in cap space

If it came down to keeping Jackson or resigning A Rob what would you guys rather do?