Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Leonard Fournette is #5 on rookie Top 25 list

Thumbs Up  (This post was last modified: 11-01-2017, 06:18 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Daniel Jeremiah ranks 25 rookies each week. I don't read this one every week, but at the halfway point, I figured this one should be more accurate than the previous eight.

Quote:5. Leonard Fournette, RB, Jaguars (Up 3)

Fournette has changed the identity of the Jaguars' offense. He gets stronger as the game goes along, and he's a load to tackle in the fourth quarter.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...t-midpoint

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good stuff. I remember many people wanted McCaffrey. I look for him to be even stronger as the season wears on.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-01-2017, 06:22 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Good stuff. I remember many people wanted McCaffrey. I look for him to be even stronger as the season wears on.

LOL Christian McCaffrey was never going to be a top five pick.

I agree with Kareem Hunt being ranked higher than Leonard Fournette, but that takes nothing away from what #27 has done for us.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2017, 06:32 PM by Brett.)

(11-01-2017, 06:30 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 06:22 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Good stuff. I remember many people wanted McCaffrey. I look for him to be even stronger as the season wears on.

LOL Christian McCaffrey was never going to be a top five pick.

I agree with Kareem Hunt being ranked higher than Leonard Fournette, but that takes nothing away from what #27 has done for us.

Easy to say that now about McCaffrey. Hindsight is 20/20. You should be an NFL Scout if you knew that all along.

(11-01-2017, 06:32 PM)Brett Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 06:30 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: LOL Christian McCaffrey was never going to be a top five pick.

Easy to say that now about McCaffrey. Hindsight is 20/20. You should be an NFL Scout if you knew that all along.

LOL I know, but in this case foresight was just as clear.

(11-01-2017, 06:32 PM)Brett Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 06:30 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: LOL Christian McCaffrey was never going to be a top five pick.

I think McCaffrey will be fine.  He has played a half a season in his career lol

(11-01-2017, 07:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think McCaffrey will be fine. He has played a half a season in his career LOL.

Leonard Fournette has done a lot more on the ground in fewer games than Christian McCaffrey.

Definitely good publicity for St Augustine High School, where Fournette when to school.

St. Augustine High School or "St. Aug" is an all-boys parochial high school in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States. It was founded in 1951 and covers grades 7 through 12 (ages approx. 12 to 18).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Augu...w_Orleans)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I knew McCaffrey wouldn't be better than Fournette

(11-01-2017, 07:59 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I knew McCaffrey wouldn't be better than Fournette

Me too. I have no idea why he was projected as a top 10 pick near the end of April.

It feels so good to see Leonard Fournette play up to his draft status.

What stinks is we could have got. Watson and Kamara. And been on way to Superbowl. But oh well. Fournette still rocks.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

I agree. Watson was #1 on my board. Fournette #2.

spacecoast thinks Watson sucks.. lol
Here we go again

It's ridiculous Cam Robinson isn't even on honorable mentons so far.

I have to admit that I thought Watson would struggle more than he has and I thought Fournette would have a lot more 1 yard runs behind this line than he has.

Watson has proven to be a bit smarter with the ball than I thought he'd be - and Fournette has shown greater effort and ability making something out of nothing than I thought he would.

One of those things makes me very happy :/

(11-02-2017, 06:28 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I agree. Watson was #1 on my board. Fournette #2.

Watson gets a lot of praise for his stats. All the games where people go "WOW 4 TDS" were in games they lost, against chiefs cool you have 3 tds in 4th quarter.... when your team is down by 5 scores and the game is over. Couldnt make throws when it counted to win against new englands awful defense or seattle (bad sack followed by his inaccuracy downfield resulting in game ending pick) he had 3 picks that game but his 4 tds are the only thing diacussed.

Kid is athletic and has talent but cant read a defense, or place the ball downfield accurately (im not impressed by a ball out to space that will fuller runs under, or a screen pass hopkins does the work on to take 70 yards to the house.) I see Kaepernick 2.0 or a plus version of vince young. Both started fast and once tape was out the warts took over. I need to see more im not ready to crown him.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(11-01-2017, 07:59 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I knew McCaffrey wouldn't be better than Fournette

I'm not a McCaffrey person to say the least --- I still think he's a great fit for the Pats.

That said, how the heck can anyone judge a pick at mid-season in Year 1.   Fournette has some nagging injuries that he's battled throughout college, the preseason, and now at mid-season in his young career.  Heck, he could be done in 3 years for all we know right now.  Personally, i'd hold off on the celebration of this pick until we can see his long-term outlook over the next few years.  Right now, I'd take 7 solid years so hopefully, we can get that, at a minimum.

(11-02-2017, 08:26 AM)oQuarterback Wrote: It's ridiculous Cam Robinson isn't even on honorable mentons so far.

Cam Robinson is not proving to be an elite LT after only six games full games.

(11-02-2017, 12:06 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 08:26 AM)oQuarterback Wrote: It's ridiculous Cam Robinson isn't even on honorable mentons so far.

Cam Robinson is not proving to be an elite LT after only six games full games.

hahahahahahaha excuse me, what?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS