Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jets Bills

Surprised no thread started on this game..  Jets pulling away to stay in the AFC East Race..  Just saw Powell do like he did against Jags break long runs...  

Jets could be trouble for some teams down the stretch..  

I do like the All Green look tonight..  Reminds me of my old favorite team from 60's and 70's when I was a Joe Namath fan.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

For weeks I wanted Buffalo to make a run at stealing the AFCE title from New England, but tonight I don't care who wins because it is a divisional game.

Buffalo not going away... May be too little too late though.

I will root against Buffalo pretty much every week from here on out.

Not only do I not want them to get the wild card over us if it comes to that, I stand to gain a steak dinner if we finish with a better record than the Bills.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-02-2017, 11:47 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I will root against Buffalo pretty much every week from here on out.

Not only do I not want them to get the wild card over us if it comes to that, I stand to gain a steak dinner if we finish with a better record than the Bills.

I know what you are saying, but we want to win the division title and probably need to regardless of what the Bills do. It is still too early to worry about that IMO.

Who are you betting a steak dinner with?

It looked like the Jets were playing with a different speed, intensity, and focus level than the Bills in this game. Todd Bowles is having a bounce back season as a HC. His Jets team is playing hard for him, week in, week out.

(11-03-2017, 05:03 AM)D6 Wrote: It looked like the Jets were playing with a different speed, intensity, and focus level than the Bills in this game.  Todd Bowles is having a bounce back season as a HC.  His Jets team is playing hard for him, week in,  week out.

Isn't it hilarious people had this team going 0-16? lol. Shows what a well coached/prepared team that plays to their strengths can do, even when everyone thinks you're trash.

I'd like to add Josh McCown at the end of the season. He'd be the perfect backup/transition QB for the rookie signal caller we are gonna draft. He should be fairly cheap as well. He's on a 1 year $6 million deal. We might be able to sign him to a 1 year $9-10 million deal. That would be a lot cheaper than keeping Bortles at the $19 million his contract would demand and I believe McCown is more trust worthy.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2017, 10:23 AM by Billsfan1212.)

I'd just like to say that IT WOULD BE SSSOOO FREAKING COOL so meet the Jags in the playoffs!!!!
Well, in fairness they playoffs at all would be something as its almost a complex at this point. Seriously, you have better odds statistically of winning the lotto than missing the playoffs for 17 years. Like I said in the other thread, games like these happen.... Even to good teams. (which im not saying Buffalo is, bc with such a TO differential its hard to tell if its legit or smoke and mirrors... or a little bit of both). Jets had the momentum all game and Rick Dennison had some pretty questionable play calling at times. Tolbert would be a ok HB if he was just in power sets.... but turning a FB into your fulltime backup to Shady is getting VERY frustrating to watch. It was so predictable and vanilla. My wife (who obviously isnt reading Jags message boards - or Bills ones for that matter - although she gets very into it) yelled "Did we hire freaking Hackett back or something?!?" Which, I found almost as funny as a free sack and that cant even be executed without a facemask negating a 15 yd loss into a 15 yrd gain. When you know the bounces are going the other way, the crowd is rocking, both lines are getting crushed...maybe you get inside your own head(as evidenced by the unforced turnovers). Its my hope they learn, if their heads got big this knocks em down a peg, and come back and play. Itd be pretty sad if this drought is able to buy a pack of smokes in a couple months lol.
A rematch of the 96 wildcard however would be pretty neat!!

(11-03-2017, 10:17 AM)Billsfan1212 Wrote: I'd just like to say that IT WOULD BE SSSOOO FREAKING COOL so meet the Jags in the playoffs!!!!
Well, in fairness they playoffs at all would be something as its almost a complex at this point. Seriously, you have better odds statistically of winning the lotto than missing the playoffs for 17 years. Like I said in the other thread, games like these happen.... Even to good teams. (which im not saying Buffalo is, bc with such a TO differential its hard to tell if its legit or smoke and mirrors... or a little bit of both). Jets had the momentum all game and Rick Dennison had some pretty questionable play calling at times. Tolbert would be a ok HB if he was just in power sets.... but turning a FB into your fulltime backup to Shady is getting VERY frustrating to watch. It was so predictable and vanilla. My wife (who obviously isnt reading Jags message boards - or Bills ones for that matter - although she gets very into it) yelled "Did we hire freaking Hackett back or something?!?" Which, I found almost as funny as a free sack and that cant even be executed without a facemask negating a 15 yd loss into a 15 yrd gain. When you know the bounces are going the other way, the crowd is rocking, both lines are getting crushed...maybe you get inside your own head(as evidenced by the unforced turnovers). Its my hope they learn, if their heads got big this knocks em down a peg, and come back and play. Itd be pretty sad if this drought is able to buy a pack of smokes in a couple months lol.
A rematch of the 96 wildcard however would be pretty neat!!

With the understanding every team has a bad week from time to time, losing that game in that manner would concern me greatly were I a Bills fan.

The Jets whipped the Bills on both sides of the LOS.  The Bills could not run the ball or pass protect.  The receivers could not stretch the defense.  The Bills could not stop the run at all.

Considering the remainder of the schedule, Bills fans had to consider this a likely win.  Here's what's left of their schedule...

New Orleans (5-2)
@ Chargers  (3-5)
@Kansas City (6-2)
New England (6-2)
Indy (2-6)
Miami (4-3)
@New England (6-2)
@Miami (4-3)

Combined record of remaining opponents:  36-25

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Bills could not keep their QB off his back.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2017, 01:26 PM by D6.)

(11-03-2017, 05:28 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 05:03 AM)D6 Wrote: It looked like the Jets were playing with a different speed, intensity, and focus level than the Bills in this game.  Todd Bowles is having a bounce back season as a HC.  His Jets team is playing hard for him, week in,  week out.

Isn't it hilarious people had this team going 0-16? lol. Shows what a well coached/prepared team that plays to their strengths can do, even when everyone thinks you're trash.

Well stated.

Looking at the Jets off-season in hindsight,  they made effective Assistant Coaching changes,  got rid of many high priced players that had declining skills,  and their additions collectively have provided good economic and overall value.  They played an inspired game last night against a very surprising Bills team going into the game.

(11-03-2017, 01:08 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: Bills could not keep their QB off his back.

I love Tyrod Taylor but he tends to do that on his own a lot too. Sometimes he has been known for holding on to the ball a little too long and taking sacks.

Our loss to the Jets isn't looking quite as bad these days
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(11-04-2017, 09:53 AM)Brett Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 01:08 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: Bills could not keep their QB off his back.

I love Tyrod Taylor but he tends to do that on his own a lot too. Sometimes he has been known for holding on to the ball a little too long and taking sacks.

TT gets a lot of crap around here... but when hes eventually gone I have a sneaky feeling people will miss him.
We have become so accustom to him doing superhuman things with his body to get out of and evade a pass rush that a typical drop back pocket passer will be quite a shock.

As far as being worried, did I have that game penciled in as a W? Yep! 
But, this is the NFL after all. That was the BEST the Jets looked all year, and the WORST the Bills looked all year.
Crazy thing is, next week it could all be totally different!

I'm actually kind of excited now that the pain has dulled.
I think this team might have started drinking their own koolaid and this was a slap in the face they needed.
Sure, they didnt have ANY momentum but if there was a bounce to be had - it went the other way.

MAYBE it was a sign of things to come. 
MAYBE it was the embarrassment they needed to get back on track.

Thats why we play next week, and the week after that etc. 
You guys have a cake walk the rest of the way and got a break not having to go againt watson for 3 out of 4 halfs of football this year.
I wish the Bills were set up in a similar situation and before the year the 1st half looked harder then the 2nd but now that thats not the case it'll soon be apparent if they get over the hump and this season means something OR if this is just a step in the process going forward to the next couple seasons.

We shall see