Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Question on Marqise Lee's injuries

I was just thinking back to the past few seasons when he was literally injured almost every week and never able to play. And comparing that to this year where it's been a complete reversal to him starting almost every week with little injuries here for there...

How does that happen? Like what happened? Is that literally just due to a different strength and conditioning coach or something? Just seems crazy and I feel like we've never had a known reason. Maybe we never will just something I was thinking about recently.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Previously it was hamstring issues, iirc. WR gotta be able to run.
This year I think it's soreness/bone bruise maybe... so he's in a bit of uncomfortable pain maybe but able to play.

Whereas with a hammy, even if it feels OK one day, it doesn't take much to rehurt it or have it tighten up on you.

Just my non MD guess lol

He had a bad hamstring injury in year one and it lingered, came and went, was reaggravated etc.

That's pretty common for a bad hamstring tear. Happens to lots of receivers and running backs.

His injuries since then are of a different nature and he's been able to largely play through them missing little time.

Yeah, maybe it was a bad question. I forgot it was ONLY a hamstring injury which I know due linger....apologies!

He is a bit of an injury prone player it seems.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(11-03-2017, 01:05 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: He is a bit of an injury prone player it seems.

A little bit, but he's only missed 9 of 39 games in his NFL career and hasn't missed one since October of 2015.

(11-03-2017, 01:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 01:05 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: He is a bit of an injury prone player it seems.

A little bit, but he's only missed 9 of 39 games in his NFL career and hasn't missed one since October of 2015.

He's played 46 games, Allen Robinson has played 43, Hurns 49 all drafted the same year

People act like Lee has missed so many games, he's just missed a lot of offseason training time but when it comes to games he has played a lot.

Injuries happen its the NFL, I dont think he is no more injury prone the any other player, other then guys that just never get hurt
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(11-03-2017, 03:17 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 01:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:  A little bit, but he's only missed 9 of 39 games in his NFL career and hasn't missed one since October of 2015.

He's played 46 games, Allen Robinson has played 43, Hurns 49 all drafted the same year

People act like Lee has missed so many games, he's just missed a lot of offseason training time but when it comes to games he has played a lot.

Injuries happen its the NFL, I dont think he is no more injury prone the any other player, other then guys that just never get hurt
Thanks.  He's missed 9 of 46 to date.  (I forgot to add 2017)

I agree that his injury-prone proclivity is overblown by the fan base. I find him largely taken-for-granted in general by much of this board.

(11-03-2017, 03:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 03:17 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: He's played 46 games, Allen Robinson has played 43, Hurns 49 all drafted the same year

Thanks.  He's missed 9 of 46 to date.  (I forgot to add 2017)

I agree that his injury-prone proclivity is overblown by the fan base. I find him largely taken-for-granted in general by much of this board.

Yup. Also, his game doesn’t seem to mesh very well with Bortles‘ style.

(11-03-2017, 06:20 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 03:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Thanks.  He's missed 9 of 46 to date.  (I forgot to add 2017)

Yup. Also, his game doesn’t seem to mesh very well with Bortles‘ style.

And the Euphemism-of-the-Year Award goes to....

He drops the ball

(11-03-2017, 09:44 PM)continuous Wrote: He drops the ball

His career drop percentage is 7.1%

Pretty pedestrian. 

Julian Edelman was at 9.6% on his career before injury for comparison. 

3%- 6% is considered normal. 

For more perspective -- Hurns turned in a 7.9%  drop rate in 2016, while Lee was at 2.9% that season.

Can't wait until we get rid of Lee and get Bortles a real WR this offseason.

I agree that Lee is not very good. But neither is bortles

I think the Lee hate is somewhat ignorant.

He's averaging over 15 YPC this season, he really hasn't missed nearly as much time as people think, and he has to deal with the up and downs of Blake.

You can see his ability to get open on the field, Blake usually can't find him.

If Lee wants a monster contract then forget about it, but if he wants a modest deal, you give it to him. Talent doesn't just grow on trees. The jaguars had a dearth of talent for a long time and now that we finally are getting some nice pieces and quality depth, everyone wants to get rid of players.

That's how you wind up as the Miami dolphins.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(11-03-2017, 09:44 PM)continuous Wrote: He drops the ball

OH crap, there's go Ramsey. Now we'll lose next week. Lee can't catch and now Rivers will have a field day.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-05-2017, 12:16 PM)Achilles Wrote: I think the Lee hate is somewhat ignorant.

He's averaging over 15 YPC this season, he really hasn't missed nearly as much time as people think, and he has to deal with the up and downs of Blake.

You can see his ability to get open on the field, Blake usually can't find him.

If Lee wants a monster contract then forget about it, but if he wants a modest deal, you give it to him. Talent doesn't just grow on trees. The jaguars had a dearth of talent for a long time and now that we finally are getting some nice pieces and quality depth, everyone wants to get rid of players.

That's how you wind up as the Miami dolphins.

This   ^

Lee's drops this season have been ridiculous and inexcusable  --  but he keeps redeeming himself with good plays and he's consistently open. 

I'm not happy with the drops - but receivers with his ability to get open so consistently do not grow on trees despite what many like to tout.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 09:00 PM by WingerDinger.)

Lee needs time with the jugs machine.. And I don't mean my ex-wife..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(11-05-2017, 08:59 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Lee needs time with the jugs machine.. And I don't mean my ex-wife..
Hahaha

With lines like that, no wonder you have the highest rating on the board. That’s hilarious.