Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bengals trash talking

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017, 08:38 AM by knarnn.)

Quote: We’re not going to let the run game beat us,” Burfict said, via the Cincinnati Enquirer. “We’re going to at least let Blake throw the ball. … I think the film tells for itself that obviously Fournette can beat you and I’m not sure Blake can beat us. We want to put it in his hands and have him beat us, if he can.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...tles-cant/

I hope they let Blake throw the ball around some..
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wouldn't really call that trash talking....besides, his point is accurate. It's no secret what the primary weapon on offense is; Fournette.

So for the Bengals to win they know they need to stop him and force Blake to throw more than he'd like and get in his face enough to make him turn over the ball. Burfict's just telling it how it is.

What he fails to mention is that the Jags D is thinking somewhat the very same thing about Dalton

(11-04-2017, 08:35 AM)knarnn Wrote:
Quote: We’re not going to let the run game beat us,” Burfict said, via the Cincinnati Enquirer. “We’re going to at least let Blake throw the ball. … I think the film tells for itself that obviously Fournette can beat you and I’m not sure Blake can beat us. We want to put it in his hands and have him beat us, if he can.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...tles-cant/

I hope they let Blake throw the ball around some..
Or just run it down his throat!  The guy is a slimeball.

I mean if they really think they can stop fournette go ahead and try. Everyone is going to need to keep an eye on him, and it will make things easier for Blake regardless. Should be a good game.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

So Burfict is saying exactly what every single defense thinks?

He’s absolutely a [BLEEP] but he’s right.

I have been super busy the last week or so and haven't had a chance to sit down and look at much of anything regarding the game or the Bengals to see what kind of match up this is going to be, so help a sister out. Cliff's Notes breakdown would suffice.  Big Grin

How good is the Bengals' defense? Can they stop the run effectively against someone like Fournette? I imagine he will have double coverage of some sort which will mean one less person paying attention to the field of play. Will this make Blake more effective and/or give our other RB and/or WR's more of a chance to make plays?

How is their offense? I don't doubt our defense can handle themselves, but IIRC the last I heard we were still having issues with pass rushing. I could be wrong on that, if so, please correct me. As I said, I have been super busy and, at this point, my brain is so fried from everything going on it's hard to keep everything straight.

Burfict's statement sums up whether this team will be successful down the stretch. There will be games when defenses "over" commit to stopping the run, daring Bortles to beat them through the air. He's shown some good decision making the last few games, hope his arm mechanics don't slide back. Our current situation reminds me of years ago, when we had Fred Taylor and MJD, and we were having success. Until teams starting stacking the box all the time, and our lack of a viable passing attack became exposed.

Not really trash talking. It's stating the obvious when you break down the film this year. Blake's really only looked competent in two games this year. Once against Baltimore over in London and then our last game against the clots in indianapolis.

Burfict, in my opinion, shouldn't even be in the NFL anymore. And he's honestly a legitimate concern and fear of mine going into this game tomorrow because he's such a notorious piece of [BLEEP] that I wouldn't put it past him that he tries to actually hurt or mangle Fournette or any one of our players in a pile or over the middle during this game.

He's such a concern that as a coach, and as cheap as this may sound. I would risk placing in a big ol' third string TE or OL for a drive or two JUST to go out of their way to target that guy and go low on his knees or ankles to beat him to the punch. I know it sounds wrong. But that's how much I can't stand that guy and how much he can't be trusted.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-04-2017, 09:26 AM)Aamericus 2.0 Wrote: I have been super busy the last week or so and haven't had a chance to sit down and look at much of anything regarding the game or the Bengals to see what kind of match up this is going to be, so help a sister out. Cliff's Notes breakdown would suffice.  Big Grin

How good is the Bengals' defense? Can they stop the run effectively against someone like Fournette? I imagine he will have double coverage of some sort which will mean one less person paying attention to the field of play. Will this make Blake more effective and/or give our other RB and/or WR's more of a chance to make plays?

How is their offense? I don't doubt our defense can handle themselves, but IIRC the last I heard we were still having issues with pass rushing. I could be wrong on that, if so, please correct me. As I said, I have been super busy and, at this point, my brain is so fried from everything going on it's hard to keep everything straight.
Whoa.

Ok. No, we are not lacking pass rush. In fact we lead the league in sacks and takeaways. The Bengals OLine is one of the worst in the league so our DLine should give Dalton nightmares. Campbell leads the league in sacks with 10. Yannick is 2nd in the league in pressures. We just added Dareus who should help with the run defense. You should watch this defense play. They are amazing to watch.

On defense, the Bengals are top 5 but they’re middle of the road against the run. In regards to Blake being effective, that depends on him and the OLine. Atkins and Dunlap are very good rushing the passer so everyone needs to be on the same page.

I expect the Jags to win but who knows. Jags matchup well against the Bengals so if they don’t turn the ball over and play well on special teams, Jags should win easily.

Choosing a way to lose to us is not trash talking.

(11-04-2017, 09:26 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I have been super busy the last week or so and haven't had a chance to sit down and look at much of anything regarding the game or the Bengals to see what kind of match up this is going to be, so help a sister out. Cliff's Notes breakdown would suffice.  Big Grin

On paper:
  • Jags should get good pressure on Dalton
  • Jags secondary should be able to limit AJ Green
  • Jags run D is the question mark (Dareus should help)

•  
  • bungles run game is their hope in this one
  • bungles defensive players like Burfict, Dunlap and Atkins may reak havoc with our back-up O-linemen
  • Kirkpatrick is a good corner to watch carefully if Bortles airs it out 
  • bungles run defense is mid-tier  -- if we can run for 150+ we'll be in very good position to win -- could go either way

Bengals' strategy vs. Jags? 'Let Blake throw the ball'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...w-the-ball

The book is out on Jacksonville, and the Cincinnati Bengals have studied it ahead of their Week 9 clash in North Florida. Why does Vontaze Burfict want the ball in Blake Bortles' hands?

Bengals defense has played well this year they are actually ahead of us in a very important category defensive yards per play.

(11-04-2017, 10:46 AM)myrick31 Wrote: Bengals defense has played well this year they are actually ahead of us in a very important category defensive yards per play.

The only one that really matters in this match up is the 112 yards per game and 3.8 YPC they are giving up on the ground. 

If the Jags can turn that 112 into 150 they'll likely control this game. Especially if Hackett comes out with another hot script in the 1st quarter to get his offense on the board early. 

I would also say that the 9 TDs they've given up through the air compared to our 4 is one of those "important categories" and they are clearly not ahead there.

Newsflash:
It's every single team's strategy week in and week out. Has been for a long time. The only difference is that now we can actually run the football pretty consistently.

And in other news....

Water is wet.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Not sure what Id like to see more, Fournette running free, or Blake clowning on them.

(11-04-2017, 11:14 AM)TearExtractor Wrote: Not sure what Id like to see more, Fournette running free, or Blake clowning on them.

I'm greedy. I want BOTH!! Big Grin Banana
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(11-04-2017, 10:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Choosing a way to lose to us is not trash talking.

(11-04-2017, 09:26 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I have been super busy the last week or so and haven't had a chance to sit down and look at much of anything regarding the game or the Bengals to see what kind of match up this is going to be, so help a sister out. Cliff's Notes breakdown would suffice.  Big Grin

On paper:
  •  
  • bungles defensive players like Burfict, Dunlap and Atkins may reak havoc with our back-up O-linemen
  • bungles run defense is mid-tier  -- if we can run for 150+ we'll be in very good position to win -- could go either way

^ count on Kirkpatrick to get at least 1 or 2 crucial PI penalties against him. He does it every single game. 

Kirkpatrick and Jackson are good at picking the ball.  But, Kirkpatrick will inevitably extend a Jags drive with a penalty. 

The Jags should throw a couple deep on him.

(11-04-2017, 12:16 PM)jagherd Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 10:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Choosing a way to lose to us is not trash talking.

On paper:
  •  

^ count on Kirkpatrick to get at least 1 or 2 crucial PI penalties against him. He does it every single game. 

Kirkpatrick and Jackson are good at picking the ball.  But, Kirkpatrick will inevitably extend a Jags drive with a penalty. 

The Jags should throw a couple deep on him.

Nice. Thanks for the inside line on that.

Jags probably have the best defense of all time, just saying Cincy is arguably the best defense we have faced all year. I also am a little bit scared we are favored by 5.5 pts against a solid team