Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bengals trash talking

(11-04-2017, 12:20 PM)myrick31 Wrote: Jags probably have the best defense of all time, just saying Cincy is arguably the best defense we have faced all year.  I also am a little bit scared we are favored by 5.5 pts against a solid team

Indeed, they are a better defense than they are getting credit for from a number of Jags fans.  

Hopefully we can run effectively against them and not have to drop back Bortles too many times. 

One bit of perspective here:  The steelers have a similarly ranked run defense and couldn't stop our run game. I hope that trend holds true tomorrow.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-04-2017, 12:20 PM)myrick31 Wrote: Jags probably have the best defense of all time, just saying Cincy is arguably the best defense we have faced all year.  I also am a little bit scared we are favored by 5.5 pts against a solid team

I disagree. Pittsburgh is ranked higher than them and is a better defense in the important categories. Baltimore’s defense is also top ten. We faced some good defenses this year. Cincinnati is good but we’ve played better. 

But remember their offense has to get on the field against our defense too. I’ll take that league low 15.7 points a game we’re giving up over anyone. Our defense will win this game not our offense.

They should beat on Dalton like a red headed step child.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I want to see the exact same expression on ginger's face as was on Brissett's face during the 4th quarter.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017, 01:51 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Just played a game and the guy got the Bungles.  Made them concede in the 1st quarter

[Image: 23154946_1496015927146253_66882451084897...e=5A651B20]

Blake doesn't have to win the game, the defense has that covered. I don't see a way for the Bengals to move the ball against this D.

(11-04-2017, 09:34 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Not really trash talking. It's stating the obvious when you break down the film this year. Blake's really only looked competent in two games this year. Once against Baltimore over in London and then our last game against the clots in indianapolis.

Burfict, in my opinion, shouldn't even be in the NFL anymore. And he's honestly a legitimate concern and fear of mine going into this game tomorrow because he's such a notorious piece of [BLEEP] that I wouldn't put it past him that he tries to actually hurt or mangle Fournette or any one of our players in a pile or over the middle during this game.

He's such a concern that as a coach, and as cheap as this may sound. I would risk placing in a big ol' third string TE or OL for a drive or two JUST to go out of their way to target that guy and go low on his knees or ankles to beat him to the punch. I know it sounds wrong. But that's how much I can't stand that guy and how much he can't be trusted.

2 wrongs don't make a right. the best way to put him in his place is to beat his team on the score board sunday,espailley by mixing up plays.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(11-04-2017, 09:51 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 09:26 AM)Aamericus 2.0 Wrote: I have been super busy the last week or so and haven't had a chance to sit down and look at much of anything regarding the game or the Bengals to see what kind of match up this is going to be, so help a sister out. Cliff's Notes breakdown would suffice.  Big Grin

How good is the Bengals' defense? Can they stop the run effectively against someone like Fournette? I imagine he will have double coverage of some sort which will mean one less person paying attention to the field of play. Will this make Blake more effective and/or give our other RB and/or WR's more of a chance to make plays?

How is their offense? I don't doubt our defense can handle themselves, but IIRC the last I heard we were still having issues with pass rushing. I could be wrong on that, if so, please correct me. As I said, I have been super busy and, at this point, my brain is so fried from everything going on it's hard to keep everything straight.
Whoa.

Ok. No, we are not lacking pass rush. In fact we lead the league in sacks and takeaways. The Bengals OLine is one of the worst in the league so our DLine should give Dalton nightmares. Campbell leads the league in sacks with 10. Yannick is 2nd in the league in pressures. We just added Dareus who should help with the run defense. You should watch this defense play. They are amazing to watch.

On defense, the Bengals are top 5 but they’re middle of the road against the run. In regards to Blake being effective, that depends on him and the OLine. Atkins and Dunlap are very good rushing the passer so everyone needs to be on the same page.

I expect the Jags to win but who knows. Jags matchup well against the Bengals so if they don’t turn the ball over and play well on special teams, Jags should win easily.

Thanks! I do know we lead the league in sacks and such. I can't remember for the life of me what it was I thought we were still struggling with. I do believe Dareus is going to make an impact. I remember when the saying used to be, "Welcome to Duval. prepared to get hit!" Gosh I miss those days. 

I would love to watch a game but am out of market and don't have Sunday Ticket. I watch whatever Jaguars.com posts on the website or whatever I can find. Hopefully I can chill all day tomorrow after church and catch up on Jags stuff and follow the game here on the MB.

I'm hoping our D comes to play well rested and with a chip on their shoulder. Let's send the bungles home, limping!
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

if i was bortles i would be extra motvatied to go out,and have my best game of my carrer.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(11-04-2017, 08:43 AM)Nikowho Wrote: I wouldn't really call that trash talking....besides, his point is accurate. It's no secret what the primary weapon on offense is; Fournette.

So for the Bengals to win they know they need to stop him and force Blake to throw more than he'd like and get in his face enough to make him turn over the ball. Burfict's just telling it how it is.

What he fails to mention is that the Jags D is thinking somewhat the very same thing about Dalton

Accurate my a$$. Blake won the Ravens game and the game 2 weeks ago. The reason Fournette is the focal point of the offense is because Tom Coughlin likes smash mouth football and the Jags don trump have a #1 WR.

Hope I'm wrong but I sense an upset today. Nothing specific but so many good things have been said about our defense lately that I could see the team going in a little overconfident coming off the bye week and give up some big plays like happened against the Jets. Please prove me wrong Jags!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Is starting the obvious really considered trash talk?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(11-05-2017, 10:13 AM)FBT Wrote: Is starting the obvious really considered trash talk?

There’s some sensitive people on here.  Especially if it is regarding Blake Bortles.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 05:31 PM by knarnn.)

So is it safe to say Bortles beat Cinci?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Bortles beat dat [BLEEP].

Even the CBS Football crew had good things to say about Bortles. Like they said, Blake looked smooth and relaxed today. I agree. He's an effective QB when he can get into and stay in his zone.

Bortles didn't seem to have much issue
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(11-05-2017, 10:30 AM)Jags Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 10:13 AM)FBT Wrote: Is starting the obvious really considered trash talk?

There’s some sensitive people on here.  Especially if it is regarding Blake Bortles.

No, they're just people on here that don't know what they're talking about like you.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(11-05-2017, 05:37 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 10:30 AM)Jags Wrote: There’s some sensitive people on here.  Especially if it is regarding Blake Bortles.

No, they're just people on here that don't know what they're talking about like you.

He played well today.  I’ll give him that.  I can’t even blame him too much on the wide open Lewis pass since he was about to get blown up.