Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Papa John's considers ending NFL sponsorship

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...onsorship/

For those who thought the NFL was too big to fail and the anthem protests wouldn't affect their bottom line, it looks like Peyton's daddy might be the first shoe to drop on this, and it is only going to get worse for The Rodg and his crew.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And I will continue to not buy his pizza.

The NFL may take a hit, but an exciting post season and Super Bowl will bring it back. Because it's a bunch of nothing, stirred up by a bunch of nothing.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quit delivering burnt [BLEEP] pizzas and maybe you wont take a hit. We quit ordering after like the third crappy pizza in a row.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(11-04-2017, 11:12 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Quit delivering burnt [BLEEP] pizzas and maybe you wont take a hit. We quit ordering after like the third crappy pizza in a row.

I try to avoid that processed poison no matter what the company is. When we want authentic pizza, we go to the source of Pizza Hut.

I like Pizza Hut better than Papa Johns.. I think the only reason I like Papa Johns is because of the garlic butter and pepper.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Papa Johns thin crust with The Works - yum. The last time I ate at Pizza Hut it tasted like someone had spilled a salt shaker on it.

I miss the old dine-in pizza places with the nice lighting, waited service, salad bars, pitchers of beer and a piping hot pie set in the middle of the table. Now you only get that at Wackos. Er, at least that's what WD tells me.

(11-04-2017, 01:37 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Papa Johns thin crust with The Works - yum. The last time I ate at Pizza Hut it tasted like someone had spilled a salt shaker on it.

I miss the old dine-in pizza places with the nice lighting, waited service, salad bars, pitchers of beer and a piping hot pie set in the middle of the table. Now you only get that at Wackos. Er, at least that's what WD tells me.

The old Pizza Inn and the current Milano's or Al's Pizza, those are my kinda joints. V is good but I'm not hip enough for that crowd.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017, 01:57 PM by TJBender.)

(11-04-2017, 10:12 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...onsorship/

For those who thought the NFL was too big to fail and the anthem protests wouldn't affect their bottom line, it looks like Peyton's daddy might be the first shoe to drop on this, and it is only going to get worse for The Rodg and his crew.

His business is tanking because he charges more for worse pizza, and people are figuring it out. Hungry Howie's is about as cheap as delivery pizza gets, and it's actually better than Papa John's or Domino's in just about every way.

(11-04-2017, 01:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 01:37 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Papa Johns thin crust with The Works - yum. The last time I ate at Pizza Hut it tasted like someone had spilled a salt shaker on it.

The old Pizza Inn and the current Milano's or Al's Pizza, those are my kinda joints. V is good but I'm not hip enough for that crowd.

You're so un-hip that they make you sit at a round table, because putting you at a normal one would be an insult to the square.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017, 03:10 PM by JackCity.)

Jerry Jones is one of the biggest stakeholders in Papa John's so no surprise here. Pretty clearly just Jerry at work. Him and Goodell are currently at war with each other. The Zeke case is being used as a tennis ball.

(11-04-2017, 01:55 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 10:12 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...onsorship/

His business is tanking because he charges more for worse pizza, and people are figuring it out. Hungry Howie's is about as cheap as delivery pizza gets, and it's actually better than Papa John's or Domino's in just about every way.

(11-04-2017, 01:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The old Pizza Inn and the current Milano's or Al's Pizza, those are my kinda joints. V is good but I'm not hip enough for that crowd.

You're so un-hip that they make you sit at a round table, because putting you at a normal one would be an insult to the square.

If I had feelings that might've hurt one of them.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-04-2017, 03:07 PM)JackCity Wrote: Jerry Jones is one of the biggest stakeholders in Papa John's so no surprise here. Pretty clearly just Jerry at work. Him and Goodell are currently at war with each other.  The Zeke case is being used as a tennis ball.

I can believe that Papa John's is only saying this to shift blame, and I can believe that they genuinely feel this way. I can't believe that someone told them what to say so they said it.

Papa John's is horrible pizza. I remember a few years back Dominos was awful. They completely revamped their business model and started making better pizza. Probably would do Papa John's well to look in the mirror.

Btw, totally agree most pizza chains suck. Go local. Almost always better.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

(11-04-2017, 01:55 PM)TJBender Wrote:

It was the same lousy pizza two years ago. I doubt the drop off is because people are suddenly discovering how bad it is.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(11-04-2017, 04:12 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 03:07 PM)JackCity Wrote: Jerry Jones is one of the biggest stakeholders in Papa John's so no surprise here. Pretty clearly just Jerry at work. Him and Goodell are currently at war with each other.  The Zeke case is being used as a tennis ball.

I can believe that Papa John's is only saying this to shift blame, and I can believe that they genuinely feel this way. I can't believe that someone told them what to say so they said it.
They've been on a steady decline well before any protests took place. Jerry owns over 100 Papa John's and has been very vocal talking them up all week. He's also been the main voice Vs the protests and is currently embroiled in a power struggle with Goodell.

It's not hard to see what's happening.

Domino's is where it's at!
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 09:23 AM by MalabarJag.)

(11-05-2017, 08:41 AM)EricC85 Wrote: Domino's is where it's at!

That's my pizza of choice. You can't beat $7.99 for a large 3-topping. Mrs. Malabar prefers Pizza Hut, but agrees that the difference between the two isn't worth the higher price. Domino's is more convenient too. 

Papa Johns isn't terrible, but more expensive and the crust takes up too much of the pie.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(11-05-2017, 09:22 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:

That's my pizza of choice. You can't beat $7.99 for a large 3-topping. Mrs. Malabar prefers Pizza Hut, but agrees that the difference between the two isn't worth the higher price. Domino's is more convenient too. 

Papa Johns isn't terrible, but more expensive and the crust takes up too much of the pie.

Plus Domino's has the bread twist - that stuff is like crack
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(11-05-2017, 09:22 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:

It's all about the stuffed crust.

Or, in the case of Hungry Howie's, the wonderful, cheap flavored crust that Pizza Hut stole.

Of the big 3 i prefer papa johns, then dominoes with pizza hut way down the list.

Y’all just haven’t had the Papa John’s Tuscan 4-cheese yet.