Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Ramsey/Green exchange in case you didn't see it

(11-05-2017, 06:27 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: He still instigated it.  He pushed green period.

That's unsportsmanlike conduct, 15 yards and a final warning, probably a fine. Grabbing someone by the neck, throwing them on the ground, punching them, grabbing them by the neck and throwing them down again when they try to get up, punching them again, then continuing to throw punches while you're being pulled away? That's an ejection, a fine and a suspension.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

ok lets simpley that play were the fight happened. Ramsy pushed green down after the play. That is a unsportsman like pently. He should've been flagged like he was. Green reacted tackleing him to ground by neck,and all which was also a unsportsman like conduct,but green threw in punces when ramsy was on the ground. yes green should've been ejected,and was. Ramsey didn't do anything to get ejected,but the refrees wanted to warn both teams at that point to cool it or they would be ejected. So Green should be susspuned,and fined for throwing punches,ramsey should probbley be fined for shoveing the player down,but not susspunsed. With that being said heres something im concered about now.

What if nfl doesn't susspend green at all,but susspends Ramsey for 4 to 6 games? He might of done something to green that we didn't see. I'm not defending AJ Green at all.

I'm just saying we didn't see everything that happened between the 2 players. The refs may,or may not of seen it themselves. They don't always show us on tv what happend.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 09:48 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I dont see how he can eject a player just because he thinks a player throws a punch. He shouldn't be able to eject a player unless he sees it with his own eyes, not just guessing one throws a punch. The ref should get fined and suspended for at least 1 game like the players do.

(11-05-2017, 09:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont see how a can eject a player just because he thinks a player throws a punch.  

#becausejaguars
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 09:56 PM by Eric1.)

(11-05-2017, 09:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont see how a can eject a player just because he thinks a player throws a punch.  He shouldn't be able to eject a player unless he sees it with his own eyes, not just guessing one throws a punch.  The ref should get fined and suspended for at least 1 game like the players do.

There's a very simple and quick fix to all of this... 

Allow the refs to review situations like this so they can make sure they make the correct call. Having a situation like this and having it unreviewable, is simply stupid. Especially when it happened 15+ yards down field on a simple running play. It's obvious that not a single ref actually seen what really happened. A quick review and it's settled.

edit: Actually I just watched the incident again and there's 2 refs standing RIGHT there lol... How can they possibly say that they thought he threw a punch?

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 10:04 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-05-2017, 09:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 09:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont see how a can eject a player just because he thinks a player throws a punch.  He shouldn't be able to eject a player unless he sees it with his own eyes, not just guessing one throws a punch.  The ref should get fined and suspended for at least 1 game like the players do.

Allow the refs to review situations like this so they can make sure they make the correct call. Having a situation like this and having it unreviewable, is simply stupid. Especially when it happened 15+ yards down field on a simple running play. It's obvious that not a single ref actually seen what really happened. A quick review and it's settled.

edit: Actually I just watched the incident again and there's 2 refs standing RIGHT there lol... How can they possibly say that they thought he threw a punch?

Because its the NFL and certain games they want certain teams to lose. Remember the Packers game last year?  Refs admitted to missing 16 game changing call.  The don't "miss" that many, they just don't call it.  The ref didnt really think Ramsey threw a punch, they just ejected him to try and make the game more "even" which is bull [BLEEP].  Goodell has ruined this sport compared to what it used to be.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/09/nfl-week...s-referees

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 10:14 PM by jagherd.)

(11-05-2017, 09:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

The ref on the sideline was walking towards both of them just before Green grabbed Ramsey.

It really looked like the ref was pulling out a flag and getting ready to penalize Ramsey for the push,, but Green grabbed Jalen the instant before the flag flew.

Jalen should've been flagged there for his push. But, NO WAY should he have been ejected for what went on with the fight.

(11-05-2017, 10:12 PM)jagherd Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 09:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote: There's a very simple and quick fix to all of this... 

The ref on the sideline was walking towards both of them just before Green grabbed Ramsey.

It really looked like the ref was pulling out a flag and getting ready to penalize Ramsey for the push,, but Green grabbed Jalen the instant before the flag flew.

Jalen should've been flagged there for his push. But, NO WAY should he have been ejected for what went on with the fight.

Ramsey should have absolutely been flagged for the push, everybody agrees with that. Him being ejected was ridiculous and all of their reasonings for why he got ejected is bogus.

What Mike Evans did to Lattimore today was 20x worse than what Ramsey did and he didn't get thrown out.

This Ramsey situation will be the exact reason why they'll make these kind of situations reviewable going forward. Pretty sure they can't change rules mid season, but I definitely see this being brought up and changed during the off season.

(11-05-2017, 09:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Allow the refs to review situations like this so they can make sure they make the correct call. Having a situation like this and having it unreviewable, is simply stupid. Especially when it happened 15+ yards down field on a simple running play. It's obvious that not a single ref actually seen what really happened. A quick review and it's settled.

I absolutely agree with this. They should be able to review these types of calls to make sure they get it right. Ramsey deserved the flag for sure, but definitely not the ejection.  Two officials standing right on top of the incident as it happened and still got it wrong. It's wasn't surprising though considering how bad the officiating is in the NFL.
Season Ticket Holder - Sec 437

Evans didn't get thrown out for tackling a guy out if nowhere and punching him, and i just saw a Raiders DE punch another player twice and not even a flag was thrown. Ridiculous calls in the NFL today and a ton of fights.

1 reception for 6 yards.. Both ejected yet still a win for Ramsey..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

After watching it on tv (I missed it live) Ramsey threw the first "cheap shot" in the exchange with the shove.  There was no reason for him to do that and he shouldn't get a pass for that.  There was no reason for him to do that.

With that being said, from what I saw both live and on TV I didn't see an action that should have gotten him ejected.

Green on the other hand, he should have (and was) ejected from the game.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 11:28 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Am I the only one who is looking at this objectively? Both deserved to be ejected. Ramsey started the fight by blindsiding Green with a shove and A.J. just went nuts! Both guys acted childish. Green should be the only one expecting a heavy fine though and possible suspension, but as for the game, I'm fine with both guys being kicked out.

(11-05-2017, 10:36 PM)TexasJag956 Wrote: Evans didn't get thrown out for tackling a guy out if nowhere and punching him, and i just saw a Raiders DE punch another player twice and not even a flag was thrown. Ridiculous calls in the NFL today and a ton of fights.

True, but that's due to poor officiating. Those guys should've been ejected. I didn't see the Raiders incident, but Evans should have been ejected and I expect him to get a hefty fine. It was a total cheap shot.

Ramsey didn't deserve the ejection and the ref is a [BLEEP].

/thread

Good w

(11-05-2017, 06:27 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: He still instigated it.  He pushed green period.

Instigating it should have resulted in a 15 yard penalty. Nothing he did qualified for an ejection. Pushes like that happen every week.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(11-05-2017, 11:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Am I the only one who is looking at this objectively? Both deserved to be ejected. Ramsey started the fight by blindsiding Green with a shove and A.J. just went nuts! Both guys acted childish. Green should be the only one expecting a heavy fine though and possible suspension, but as for the game, I'm fine with both guys being kicked out.

(11-05-2017, 10:36 PM)TexasJag956 Wrote: Evans didn't get thrown out for tackling a guy out if nowhere and punching him, and i just saw a Raiders DE punch another player twice and not even a flag was thrown. Ridiculous calls in the NFL today and a ton of fights.

True, but that's due to poor officiating. Those guys should've been ejected. I didn't see the Raiders incident, but Evans should have been ejected and I expect him to get a hefty fine. It was a total cheap shot.

Ramsey didn't even shove him that hard. He caught Green a little off balanced. It absolutely deserved a flag and 15 yards, but not an ejection.

I think people conceding that Ramsey deserved a flag there are pushing it. He gave him a shove, and Green wasn't anticipating it and it probably really pissed him off because he fell over a bit, on top of other things like not getting the ball. With this officiating crew I can see them throwing it on Ramsey(because quite honestly that was the worst crew I have seen in a while), but I just don't think he did enough for a 15 yard penalty, sorry. Especially being Green sneaked in a little push there himself.

(11-06-2017, 12:11 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I think people conceding that Ramsey deserved a flag there are pushing it. He gave him a shove, and Green wasn't anticipating it and it probably really pissed him off because he fell over a bit, on top of other things like not getting the ball. With this officiating crew I can see them throwing it on Ramsey(because quite honestly that was the worst crew I have seen in a while), but I just don't think he did enough for a 15 yard penalty, sorry. Especially being Green sneaked in a little push there himself.

Well that makes it even worse that he got ejected
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS