Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Woman fired after giving Trump’s motorcade the finger

Woman fired after giving Trump’s motorcade the finger

The Virginia woman who gave President Trump’s motorcade a one-finger salute as it was leaving his Virginia golf course — a gesture that immediately went viral — said she was fired from her job at a company that does work with the government.

http://nypost.com/2017/11/06/woman-fired...he-finger/
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sounds like a tyrannical government?

(11-06-2017, 08:31 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Sounds like a tyrannical government?

Why, did the government fire her from her company?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

She exercised her right to freedom of expression.  The private company that she worked for exercised their right to fire her for violating their rules.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

What if the government made the company do that? How did the company even know

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2017, 09:21 PM by homebiscuit.)

Not to mention it was simply a childish demonstration. Hey kids, look at how your mother comports herself in public.

The next day: "Hello? Mrs. Middlefinger? Yes, we're calling to inform you that your child has been suspended from school because he thought it appropriate to flip the principal off over a disagreement with policy."

(11-06-2017, 09:10 PM)lastonealive Wrote: What if the government made the company do that? How did the company even know

Because she told them. It's all in the article.

Sorry i dont click drifters links...its a sound policy

(11-06-2017, 09:26 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Sorry i dont click drifters links...its a sound policy

So, besmirching the Americans from your position of ignorance...again... Rolleyes
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-06-2017, 09:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 09:26 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Sorry i dont click drifters links...its a sound policy

So, besmirching the Americans from your position of ignorance...again... Rolleyes

And admittedly so.

(11-06-2017, 09:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Who did i besmirch? Thought not trusting the government is an American trait?

(11-06-2017, 09:43 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 09:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So, besmirching the Americans from your position of ignorance...again... Rolleyes
Who did i besmirch? Thought not trusting the government is an American trait?

C'mon man, if you wanna snark you should own it. You admittedly didn't read the article, didn't realize that she doesn't work for the government and made an uninformed comment. It happens, just put it on and strut your stuff.

Now read an article elsewhere. Sounds like you need more employee protection law/ union activity if you get fired for this...

More bull [BLEEP]. You as my employee embarrass my business then you don't get the privilege of being my employee any longer. A job with my company is not a right.

They weren't wearing anything that could possibly link them to the company. I would probably be amused if i saw my employee get caught doing this if no company branding. Since when did companies get to control you in your own free time? Orwell would be proud.

(11-07-2017, 01:10 AM)lastonealive Wrote: They weren't wearing anything that could possibly link them to the company. I would probably be amused if i saw my employee get caught doing this if no company branding. Since when did companies get to control you in your own free time? Orwell would be proud.

She represents her company, and she used the image on Twitter and Facebook. She doesn’t have to tattoo a logo on her forehead to portray her company negatively. We certainly don’t need more laws prohibiting companies firing stupid people.

(11-07-2017, 01:10 AM)lastonealive Wrote: They weren't wearing anything that could possibly link them to the company. I would probably be amused if i saw my employee get caught doing this if no company branding. Since when did companies get to control you in your own free time? Orwell would be proud.

Since employment is voluntary she can do what she likes and so can they. Why should an employer be forced to retain an employee they don't want? Oh, I forgot you guys dont really like the concept of ownership, no communist ever does.

No one is suggesting employers can control employee's in off time.   Look up the definition of "at-will" employment, it might help you understand.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2017, 07:08 PM by TJBender.)

(11-06-2017, 09:06 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: She exercised her right to freedom of expression.  The private company that she worked for exercised their right to fire her for violating their rules.

Where does her company's handbook say that they govern your conduct outside of work hours? If I were to choose to flip the President (or anyone) the bird while off work and I didn't represent myself as a member of my company, I'd sue the living crap out of anyone who used that as justification to fire me.

(11-07-2017, 07:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Since employment is voluntary she can do what she likes and so can they. Why should an employer be forced to retain an employee they don't want? Oh, I forgot you guys dont really like the concept of ownership, no communist ever does.

My company's claim to my actions starts at 8 and ends around 5. Corporate ownership of an employee is not capitalism, it's slavery.

(11-07-2017, 07:06 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 09:06 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: She exercised her right to freedom of expression.  The private company that she worked for exercised their right to fire her for violating their rules.

Where does her company's handbook say that they govern your conduct outside of work hours? If I were to choose to flip the President (or anyone) the bird while off work and I didn't represent myself as a member of my company, I'd sue the living crap out of anyone who used that as justification to fire me.

(11-07-2017, 07:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Since employment is voluntary she can do what she likes and so can they. Why should an employer be forced to retain an employee they don't want? Oh, I forgot you guys dont really like the concept of ownership, no communist ever does.

My company's claim to my actions starts at 8 and ends around 5. Corporate ownership of an employee is not capitalism, it's slavery.

Oh whatever, you don't have a right to your job no matter much people want to believe that. NFL players are learning that, you will too.

(11-07-2017, 07:06 PM)TJBender Wrote:

(11-07-2017, 07:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Since employment is voluntary she can do what she likes and so can they. Why should an employer be forced to retain an employee they don't want? Oh, I forgot you guys dont really like the concept of ownership, no communist ever does.

She's a marketing director, used the image on her personal Twitter and Facebook, and she admittedly told her bosses she did it.

Her company's Social Media Policy prohibits using obscene images or inappropriate behavior. Whether you agree with what she did or not, I'd certainly say this is a violation of their policy. If you have a problem with an employer firing you for behavior you do outside of it, then don't get a job with people that are willing to do that.