Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Green NOT getting suspended, nor Ramsey

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-suspended

I feel torn about this, it is a LOAD OF [BLEEP] that a guy can basically put you in a choke hold, slam you twice and swing freely on you FROM BEHIND and not even sniff 1 game suspension????? WHAT? But by God, be ACCUSED of something, guilty or not, 2-6 game suspension. Cool 

On the other hand, now he can possibly go off on Tennessee, and this may neutralize everything if the Bengals go a wipe the floor with the tacks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Bengals got another huge break, after getting one yesterday by Brad Allen and his crew. They don't look like a playoff team. But w/o A.J. Green, there's chances of beating a good opportunity are slim at best.

That is such a load of bull. Our player gets grabbed by his neck and slammed head first into the ground, but he is a Jag so no one big deal.

I'd prefer AJ play against the Tacks.

(11-06-2017, 08:40 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: I'd prefer AJ play against the Tacks.

Same. I don't have any love for him or the Bengals, but him being held out next week wouldn't be good for the Jaguars.

(11-06-2017, 10:36 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 08:40 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: I'd prefer AJ play against the Tacks.

Same. I don't have any love for him or the Bengals, but him being held out next week wouldn't be good for the Jaguars.

While I agree with this, the Bengals have no chance, they just aren't good this year. Dalton took a big step backwards.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(11-06-2017, 11:49 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 10:36 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Same. I don't have any love for him or the Bengals, but him being held out next week wouldn't be good for the Jaguars.

While I agree with this, the Bengals have no chance, they just aren't good this year. Dalton took a big step backwards.

Amazing how QBs take a step backwards/forwards when oline is bad/good.
Huh

Punches should always be current game and at least one more game. He threw at least 3 punches.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(11-07-2017, 09:18 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: Punches should always be current game and at least one more game. He threw at least 3 punches.

If it were just the punches, I'd be OK with a fine and getting ejected from the game like he did.

Since he decided to choke, punch, and suplex Ramsey... I'm not sure how the league can excuse this behavior. Meanwhile, Evans is getting a game for pushing someone from behind. 

NFL VP of Operation said (about Evans), "During the third quarter, after a play had ended, you struck an unsuspecting opponent in the back, knocking him to the ground." 

That explains exactly what Green did except Green did worse. This just feeds into the suspicion that the NFL has their favorites.

(11-07-2017, 09:18 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: Punches should always be current game and at least one more game. He threw at least 3 punches.

The Lions were very unfortunate that DT A' Shawn Robinson didn't get suspended ( or even fined ) for the 2 punches he threw near the end of the SNF game against the Steelers 9 days ago.   Having said that, what A.J. Green did in Jax to Jalen Ramsey was noticeably worse.  Ramsey could have been seriously injured.  I'm extremely surprised that Green wasn't suspended at least one game.

(11-06-2017, 07:46 PM)D6 Wrote: The Bengals got another huge break,  after getting one yesterday by Brad Allen and his crew.  They don't look like a playoff team. But w/o A.J. Green,  there's chances of beating a good opportunity are slim at best.

^ You're right D6. The Bengals aren't even close to being a playoff caliber team. Following them as I have for many decades, the past couple years have been enough to test even the most loyal of Bengals followers (starting with the late game antics that cost them a playoff victory for the first time in over 20 years against their most hated rival,, geez). 

Marvin Lewis doesn't have near the control and discipline of his team as a coach like Marrone has. It definitely shows in their play and character. 

The fact that Cincy kept Lewis and let coaches like Zimmer, Gruden, and Hue Jackson go elsewhere was maddening. 

They had a superb roster from 2013 to about 2015, but couldn't take advantage of it and let MANY of those key players go:

Whitworth
Zeitler
Sanu 
Marvin Jones
Nelson
Mauluga
(and I'm sure I'm forgetting more).

Now, their O-line is in shambles (they're terrible), their WRs opposite Green are a joke, their defense is getting older and play completely undisciplined. 
Dalton is also terrible when he doesn't have protection. 

It's a mess. 

If they finish with another abysmal season just like last year, it has to be time for Marvin Lewis to go and restart the whole thing over again (similar to what Jax has done). 

Jax looks to have done things right, especially on the defensive side and the new coaching and atmosphere.

The Bengals aren't even close to that.

It's simple, a lot of folks, not just Bengals fans, hate Ramsey. He has a history with things like that with Steve Smith and being ejected in the Raiders game last year. NFL decided that instead of angering the whole NFL (because everyone commented on what a stand up guy AJ Green is and how he's never done this before) they decide to play it safe, suspend no one and just piss off Jags. Simple damage control. I just hate Bengals saying AJ is now Ramsey's dad. Not only did he have just one catch for 6 yards but he did all his damage from behind. Bengals are unbearable
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

NFL = Not Fully Logical.

It was nonsensical to eject Ramsey when the only reason they both got ejected is because AJ went batturd crazy. I forget who explained it but it was explained on 1010xl that AJ wasn't suspended because the ejection is already considered a suspension. One thing I thought was funny is how even after he got blown up by Myles Jack and a scrum was starting to form, AJ still kept trying to punch Ramsey in his helmet. It's an iconic moment like it or not.

(11-07-2017, 04:37 PM)jagherd Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 07:46 PM)D6 Wrote: The Bengals got another huge break,  after getting one yesterday by Brad Allen and his crew.  They don't look like a playoff team. But w/o A.J. Green,  there's chances of beating a good opportunity are slim at best.

^ You're right D6. The Bengals aren't even close to being a playoff caliber team. Following them as I have for many decades, the past couple years have been enough to test even the most loyal of Bengals followers (starting with the late game antics that cost them a playoff victory for the first time in over 20 years against their most hated rival,, geez). 

Marvin Lewis doesn't have near the control and discipline of his team as a coach like Marrone has. It definitely shows in their play and character. 

The fact that Cincy kept Lewis and let coaches like Zimmer, Gruden, and Hue Jackson go elsewhere was maddening. 

They had a superb roster from 2013 to about 2015, but couldn't take advantage of it and let MANY of those key players go:

Whitworth
Zeitler
Sanu 
Marvin Jones
Nelson
Mauluga
(and I'm sure I'm forgetting more).

Now, their O-line is in shambles (they're terrible), their WRs opposite Green are a joke, their defense is getting older and play completely undisciplined. 
Dalton is also terrible when he doesn't have protection. 

It's a mess. 

If they finish with another abysmal season just like last year, it has to be time for Marvin Lewis to go and restart the whole thing over again (similar to what Jax has done). 

Jax looks to have done things right, especially on the defensive side and the new coaching and atmosphere.

The Bengals aren't even close to that.

jagherd,   as much as anything in the 2017 NFL season,  the value of Andrew Whitworth has been on display,  even at his advanced football age.

The LA Rams are having a turnaround season in large part because of the play Whitworth has given them at LT.   The player that was the Rams LT for the most part the last few seasons,   Greg Robinson,  struggled with the Lions after having a good opening game vs. Chandler Jones and Arizona overall.  Robinson was released yesterday,  to help make room for Tackles Taylor Decker ( PUP ) and Corey Robinson ( I.R. ).   The Bengals have not effectively replaced Whitworth at this time.  Combined with the FA loss of Kevin Zeitler,   the Bengals O-Line doesn't remind practically anyone of the unit that was one of the best in the NFL not that long ago.

One other player they lost is DT Domata Peko,  now with the Broncos.  From the standpoint of run Defense,  that's a major loss.  This was on display in Jacksonville last Sunday,  despite the Jaguars not having their top RB active for the game.