Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
On to the Chargers

I believe this Jaguars team is different.  Normally I would go with Rivers again here but I'm going with Jacksonville.  My key points

1. Fournette will be coming into this game with some fresh legs.  He hasn't played in nearly a month.  I expect a heavy does of pounding the rock to neutralize the LA pass rushers.

2. The offensive line is playing at a really high level and deserves much more respect.  They are run blocking and pass blocking at high levels right now.

3. This secondary is the best in the NFL right now.  Ramsey maybe the best corner period with bouye being top 5.  Church is also doing a tremendous job.

4. These LB's are fast.  Smith should be going to the pro bowl with Miles Jack developing into a great player.  The Jags have the speed at LB to stop tight ends like Antonio Gates who use to eat the defense for lunch.

5.  This defensive line is just outstanding.  Campbell, Yannick,Fowler,Jackson, etc find a way to get to opposing QB. I expect Rivers to be eating some dirt

6. Lambo:  Field goes and extra points do not feel like Russian Roulette anymore.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gus' game planning and level of prep stunk. Also in-game adjustments. That doomed him. He's a better fit as a coordinator

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2017, 09:25 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Going through the news online about this game, there is one main thing I see in common in all that I’m reading. They constantly talk about the all-time match up record. That tells me most of these people don’t have anything to hang their hats on this game other than the past. They can y’all about any match up advantage. All they can say is “well Rivers has beat this team in the past” lol. Anyone with a brain can see what’s coming from a mile away. Chargers bout to get smacked.

We've broken a few records that weren't in our favor this year. I think the Bengals were 3-0 against us with Palmer at QB.

Pretty much every thing you said is correct. This defense and this rush offense has been so consistently good this year that it's difficult to believe they wont come through every week. Leonard Fournette missed two games, and we're 100 yards ahead of second place. It's fun to watch Jaguars football again for sure.

I think if our team as a whole plays like they did the last couple of games, we win and win big.  Play good defense, play good offense with both the running and the passing game and keep the Chargers' offense off the field.  Don't make any stupid mistakes on special teams and we win this one.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We beat them the last time we were good. Granted, that was ten years ago, but we seem to be good again. That was the game MJD flattened steroid boy Shawn Merriman on a block.

I see our defense frustrating Rivers all day. He may fare a little better than our last two opponents, but I don't think it will be enough to win.

Bortles has to play like he has the last two weeks.

Rivers can play reckless with the ball sometimes..if we bottle up Gordon in the first quarter the chargers seem to almost panic and just air it out. Hat would play right into our strength
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Once elite, now in twilight, with a team in crossroads. The other QB, from that class with the decorated Eli and Ben. Where's a meme when you want one? I usually wish him well him but I'd hope he has an uncomfortable postmatch on Sunday, like his counterpart from the overrated squad in PA.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(11-07-2017, 09:53 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I think if our team as a whole plays like they did the last couple of games, we win and win big.  Play good defense, play good offense with both the running and the passing game and keep the Chargers' offense off the field.  Don't make any stupid mistakes on special teams and we win this one.
This right here.

Lost a game against the Jets because of bonehead plays and missed kicks. Lost a game to the Rams before of 2 bonehead special teams mistakes.

The Jags have beaten themselves in 2 of their 3 losses.

It's still Rivers and the Chargers. They have haunted us for the last 4-5 games.

I definitley feel better this year with this secondary, but I wanna see it done first!
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Time to retire another QB.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2017, 10:17 AM by JagsorDie.)

Man i love coming to this board and seeing people who almost seemed like perennial jag haters get pumped about this squad. Winning unites us all. That's not a shot at you MVP, i just always remembered you catching alot of crap from everyone(me included) for being negative. Glad this team is finally coming together in a big way.

On to the subject. i completely agree with all of this. Rivers has had our number his entire career. But i think the tables have turn for this year. I've never understood whether it was the trip out to the west coast or if phill just enjoyed our town, but home and away that guy railed us every time. However, I dont think he is going to enjoy sunday. This secondary is pretty insane to watch. Between freeing up Gipson with a true SS, adding AJ, and switching to a much more mobile LB group with jack in the center, This D is one of the best I've seen in recent memory. i don't think know how teams actually game plan against us without having a stout run game.

I'm taking this game like I've taken the rest of the season....wait and see approach.

I had a blast at the last game. It had the feeling of when we were at games in 96-99. People were into it, excited, and loud. It was fun. Can't wait for Sunday.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2017, 11:32 AM by JagsorDie.)

(11-08-2017, 11:26 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: I'm taking this game like I've taken the rest of the season....wait and see approach.

I had a blast at the last game.  It had the feeling of when we were at games in 96-99.  People were into it, excited, and loud.  It was fun.  Can't wait for Sunday.

Felt good to be at the bank, right? Seeing as how i was 6-9 years old between 96-99, i can honestly say, i really cant remember this much hype in the Stadium.That's what it is all about.

Everytime I think of the bolts now, I think of Arnold and his accent..

"Ğø Çhå-*Jãwş"
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Just watched the Chargers vs Pats, which the Chargers are hanging their hat on as a superb performance and what they are capable of. The issue, I didn't see it as a very good game. What I saw was the Patriots missing out on a ton of opportunity to blow them out! Overall, the Chargers offense sputtered and their O-line outside of the LT was getting pushed back off the ball immediately. Gordon had one long run for a TD but should have been tackled behind the LOS. Rivers struggled but still got off a few lucky bombs. As far as their defense, they covered receivers well deep but man oh man were there huge holes behind the LBs. The D-line cannot get pressure without at least a 5 man rush. The sacks that occurred were strictly high motor/coverage based. I feel better about this matchup after watching this game.

I know somebody will say "but this was the Pats." Honestly, this isn't the same ol' Pats that usually look dominant. They are heavily reliant on the pass (duh) and their defense is last in the NFL. Their games have looked pretty flat aside from one good performance against what is considered a contender in the Saints.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(11-08-2017, 10:16 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Man i love coming to this board and seeing people who almost seemed like perennial jag haters get pumped about this squad. Winning unites us all. That's not a shot at you MVP, i just always remembered you catching alot of crap from everyone(me included) for being negative. Glad this team is finally coming together in a big way.

On to the subject. i completely agree with all of this. Rivers has had our number his entire career. But i think the tables have turn for this year. I've never understood whether it was the trip out to the west coast or if phill just enjoyed our town, but home and away that guy railed us every time. However, I dont think he is going to enjoy sunday. This secondary is pretty insane to watch. Between freeing up Gipson with a true SS, adding AJ, and switching to a much more mobile LB group with jack in the center, This D is one of the best I've seen in recent memory. i don't think know how teams actually game plan against us without having a stout run game.

I stand by every bit of flac I have given this team.  They have made many wrong decisions over the years.  Seems like they may have finally have it right
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Or could be a trap game. But hoping we destroy the chargers.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

I'm thinking the Jags will run for lots of yards against the bolts - and the Jags defense will do well but still give up a couple of big plays.

I see a closer game. Jags 20 -- bolts 17
Jags defense thwarts a Rivers comeback in the waning minutes of the fourth.

I think the screen game and designed RB pass plays will take on a big role as they avoid running too many times between the tackles. This may account for a big chunk of Blake's passing numbers as I don't see them going deep often against this particular pass rush.