Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
On to the Chargers

(11-08-2017, 02:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm thinking the Jags will run for lots of yards against the bolts -  and the Jags defense will do well but still give up a couple of big plays.

I see a closer game.  Jags 20 -- bolts 17
Jags defense thwarts a Rivers comeback in the waning minutes of the fourth.

I think the screen game and designed RB pass plays will take on a big role as they avoid running too many times between the tackles.  This may account for a big chunk of Blake's passing numbers as I don't see them going deep often against this particular pass rush.
That is a great assessment.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-08-2017, 03:07 PM)Jags4life12 Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 09:54 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Time to retire another QB.

I hope your not wishing injuries upon any qb, thats against this forum and plain out just not having class 

Jags for Life!!!I

I’m sure it’s a Marino dig.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Chargers finna get smoked.

30-7

Rivers is a statue. The sacks pile up here. He throws slow passes. I see Telvin getting a pick and AJ getting another one. Bosa will get pushed around and left ineffective with zero sacks. Fournette rushes for 150 plus and 2 tds. This game will be over by the top of the third quarter.

The Jaguars QB revenge tour continues

(11-09-2017, 12:11 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Chargers finna get smoked.

30-7

Rivers is a statue. The sacks pile up here. He throws slow passes. I see Telvin getting a pick and AJ getting another one. Bosa will get pushed around and left ineffective with zero sacks. Fournette rushes for 150 plus and 2 tds. This game will be over by the top of the third quarter.

Totally agree with the Fournette call. I'm actually gonna go bolder though: Fournette rushes for 220+ and 2 TDs.

I think he's ready to show everyone what he can do after what happened this past week. I also liked what I read on Jaguars.com. The Chargers beat writer said Rivers likes to force the ball sometimes. You know who else liked to do that? Big Ben. If you force things against this Jags defense, you are going to lose big time.

I think the Jags need to start out fast (which they have done really well this season) and then lock up Benjamin. He seems to be a big play guy for them whether it be on punt returns or receiving.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2017, 02:44 PM by Etdavis2006.)

(11-09-2017, 12:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-09-2017, 12:11 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Chargers finna get smoked.

30-7

Totally agree with the Fournette call. I'm actually gonna go bolder though: Fournette rushes for 220+ and 2 TDs.

I think he's ready to show everyone what he can do after what happened this past week. I also liked what I read on Jaguars.com. The Chargers beat writer said Rivers likes to force the ball sometimes. You know who else liked to do that? Big Ben. If you force things against this Jags defense, you are going to lose big time.

I think the Jags need to start out fast (which they have done really well this season) and then lock up Benjamin. He seems to be a big play guy for them whether it be on punt returns or receiving.

All jokes aside this is correct. The chargers like to push the ball down the field. That’s his skill set, that’s what they like to do. They are not a running team or a balanced offense. Rivers will drop back 40 plus times and that will play right into the defense. He will challenge the secondary because that’s who he is. I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if we had another’s 5 pick game. He’s never had a cannon and now hes 35. On top of that the receivers are just guys. It’s getting gonna be a tough day for rivers. We played better defenses and drop yardage and points on them. The jags are a force now.

This game comes at the perfect time to see where we are at. Rivers has torched us before, knows this system well and the Chargers haven't quit at all after an horrible start to the season.
I'm confident our run game can do a lot of damage to them and as others pointed out starting fast will be important.
Shut down their running game and see how our defense reacts to Rivers this time. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Dont sleep on Gordon, yes, Rivers likes to force the ball down the field but Gordon is getting touches and being very effiecetive. Fornette & Gordon stats are identicial. Ofcourse Fournette is like 80% of the Jags offense

Gordon really isnt all that good. He’s had 3 solid games. He’s been trash against good defenses. He’s just a guy

(11-06-2017, 09:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm actually more worried about Melvin Gordon than Rivers with the Jags current secondary.

I think the Jags can run the ball against the bolts well and I think they'll eclipse 150 yds on the ground in this one.

This one comes down to not making mistakes and limiting big plays by Gordon and Rivers.  Outside of that - pound the rock and chew the clock.

(11-06-2017, 11:37 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Gus Bowl

Rivers shouldnt torch us since we have two good CB's good safeties and LB's and a great pass rush, we should worry about Gordon

Now their defense is good with the pass rush, but last week Ciny had a top 5 defense and we went right through them without Fournette, and Bortles lighting them up.

But we got the beast back to combat their pass rush

(11-07-2017, 04:28 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: This is another game where the defense could have another 10 sack performance. If we can eliminate Melvin Gordon from getting big plays. Rivers has historically just carved us up to no end. For whatever reason we seem to make big mistakes against west coast teams. We are obviously a much better defense than we were when we last faced them. Rivers isn't mobile and needs a clean pocket to be effective. However he is smart and will get rid of the ball quickly. On the other side I'm a little worried about Ingram and Bosa. But if we can run the ball as well as we have been they become much less of an issue. We need to make Rivers feel old and think about retirement. It may be a feeling I have but I've seen every opposing QB we've faced look like they just want nothing to do with our defense. They just look defeated the entire game. Then when opportunities actually come up for them they misfire.

(11-07-2017, 11:56 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 09:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The number 1 rushing offense agaisnt the 31st rushing defense

And we improved our rush defense after the bungels game.
Believe we went from 32nd to 26th or something...

Contain Gordon and we win, imo.

(11-08-2017, 01:04 AM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: Rivers can play reckless with the ball sometimes..if we bottle up Gordon in the first quarter the chargers seem to almost panic and just air it out. Hat would play right into our strength

(11-09-2017, 02:55 PM)MariGOATa Wrote: Dont sleep on Gordon, yes, Rivers likes to force the ball down the field but Gordon is getting touches and being very effiecetive. Fornette & Gordon stats are identicial. Ofcourse Fournette is like 80% of the Jags offense

From the looks of it ^  -  not many here are "sleeping on Gordon."

(11-09-2017, 03:01 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Gordon really isnt all that good. He’s had 3 solid games. He’s been trash against good defenses. He’s just a guy

Well Jax run defense isnt good so there’s that.

(11-09-2017, 03:12 PM)MariGOATa Wrote:
(11-09-2017, 03:01 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Gordon really isnt all that good. He’s had 3 solid games. He’s been trash against good defenses. He’s just a guy

YAWN

You need to quit being so lazy with your tack-homer analysis.  The Jags' run defense is on an uptick. They've identified the weakness and have been addressing it for weeks. 

Over the past four games the Jags are averaging 84.5 yards per game allowed on the ground. That would be good for 5th in the league. Two of the backs included in those games are LeVeon Bell and Todd Gurley.  

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2017, 03:58 PM by Etdavis2006.)

(11-09-2017, 03:12 PM)MariGOATa Wrote:

He’s worse than our run defense so there’s that. Dude hasn’t even broke 1000 rushing yards in a season with a career 3.8 ypc lol

Yeah, yeah...The key to beating Jax is stopping the run and forcing Bortles to beat you. Then you have to run against Jax because their run defense sucks! Same song, different week.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Jags win BIG!!! 42-10. Big Grin Banana
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(11-09-2017, 02:55 PM)MariGOATa Wrote: Dont sleep on Gordon, yes, Rivers likes to force the ball down the field but Gordon is getting touches and being very effiecetive. Fornette & Gordon stats are identicial. Ofcourse Fournette is like 80% of the Jags offense

Except those 2 games he didn't play in where ya know... we throttled the opponents

Apparently Hays Carlyon asked Colvin about Bradley's impact on his career.
His response:
"Ask me that next week. Right now it's about beating that [synonym for donkey]"

LOL

I’m worried about this game. Chargers have beaten us up and taken our lunch money for quite awhile now. I think we lose this one in a close heartbreaker

(11-10-2017, 09:41 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I’m worried about this game. Chargers have beaten us up and taken our lunch money for quite awhile now. I think we lose this one in a close heartbreaker

Yeah I hear you. I think if nothing else, the law of averages will catch up with the Chargers starting this Sunday. The fact that we're better on paper and they're traveling cross country are incidental. Jags win a close one.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-10-2017, 09:41 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I’m worried about this game. Chargers have beaten us up and taken our lunch money for quite awhile now. I think we lose this one in a close heartbreaker

The Jaguars haven't been good enough for long enough for us not to worry about games against middle of the league quality teams, but I will say that the texans had also owned the Jaguars for a while before week one of this season, and the Jaguars metaphorically took them back to their apartment and had their way with them for three hours before telling them they have an early meeting and pointing them toward the door.

The chargers aren't very good against the run and they're not a superb running team either. As long as the Jaguars are prepared to stop the run and don't keep fumbling like they have the last few weeks I think they should win.

(11-11-2017, 11:29 AM)ASeldomRite Wrote:

The Jaguars haven't been good enough for long enough for us not to worry about games against middle of the league quality teams, but I will say that the texans had also owned the Jaguars for a while before week one of this season, and the Jaguars metaphorically took them back to their apartment and had their way with them for three hours before telling them they have an early meeting and pointing them toward the door.

The chargers aren't very good against the run and they're not a superb running team either. As long as the Jaguars are prepared to stop the run and don't keep fumbling like they have the last few weeks I think they should win.
Agree with all of this and I will add: play well on special teams. Benjamin is a real threat on punt returns. Nortman has to be on his game tomorrow.