Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dareus, Mickens, and Lambo

Has there ever been a season where we bring in this many mid season additions that make such a huge impact?  Lambo has been perfect, Mickens already has a punt return for a TD, and Dareus has only played one game but the one game he plays in the other team has 29 yards rushing.  Props for the front office on never stopping on trying to improve this team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: hi-res-6945468_crop_north.jpg?1363219152&w=630&h=420]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2017, 10:29 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

[Image: coughlin2.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1200]

(11-06-2017, 10:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Has there ever been a season where we bring in this many mid season additions that make such a huge impact?  Lambo has been perfect, Mickens already has a punt return for a TD, and Dareus has only played one game but the one game he plays in the other team has 29 yards rushing.  Props for the front office on never stopping on trying to  improve this team.

I can't recall one.

I remember in 96, we added a bunch of veteran cuts and what not who were significant contributors to the 1996 ru, but I can't remember this many mid season additions that helped.  Granted, it's still relatively early in their tenures for the three guys you mentioned, but I certainly value their contributions thus far.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

The difference is Tom Coughlin.

I need to look up this Mickens guy, no idea where he came from

Mickens was signed to the practice squad on September 2nd after being waived by the raiders. (They had signed him as a UDFA.)

He was activated to the active roster a few weeks ago after Lee got nicked up a bit and they decided they needed someone else at PR.

He played college ball at Washington.

He was behind the #1 punt returner in history Pettis at Washington so he didnt return punts but he seems pretty good at it.

Even if you take away his return TD. The other returns were better than anyone else's this season. I am not expecting another TD but if we can get 10 - 12 yards a return instead of 5 I will be a happy camper
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Props also to Jalen Myrick, the late round rookie draft pick this year. He played well when brought into the secondary, upon Ramsey's departure. Myrick's speed showed, with good coverage skills that, frankly, I did not see or notice in the preseason. The guy seems to be learning his craft in the pros.

(11-07-2017, 11:04 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Props also to Jalen Myrick, the late round rookie draft pick this year.  He played well when brought into the secondary, upon Ramsey's departure.  Myrick's speed showed, with good coverage skills that, frankly, I did not see or notice in the preseason.  The guy seems to be learning his craft in the pros.

Yes.  Agreed on all points. Was great to see the late round depth looking competent.

(11-07-2017, 11:08 AM)JustTheChipSports Wrote: https://justthechipsports.com/podcast

Local podcast that hits Jaguars talk every week!

Way to contribute to the topic.

This just dawned on me: I wonder if Lambo is the deciding factor in these future wins we have going forward? If Myers was still here, I’m sure we still win the bengals game but he possibly misses two field goals and two extra points. That’s 8 points. Now the score is 15-7 and that includes a special teams score. If we don’t get that score we are looking at a 9-7 ball game with cincy hanging around in the fourth. Lambo has been huge for this team and that’s evident in this past game. Once Lambo kicked that third field goal to put us up two score that’s when we all knew the game was basically over. Just ensure we can get points out of almost every drive is critical for the run heavy team. He has been a huge addition and I think that will be very evident in the second half stretch.

The Lambo addition cannot be underappreciated! We've lived through the tight losses that have come down to field goals. Man am I happy to not hold my breath and turn away when there is an extra point or FG attempt!

The other additions are awesome for that competition aspect that was always talked about during that other coaches tenure but actually means something under Marrone. The hard decisions are being made, adjustments are being made, and coaching is taking place. It could sting a little for the fans when it comes time for contracts and roster moves as this team moves forward.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]