Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars Vs. Los Angeles Chargers Game Day Thread***

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2017, 01:03 AM by AmeliaFL.)

Hi, Jaguars fans!   Smile   Our  5-3 Jacksonville Jaguars will play the other L.A. team at EverBank with one month, as the 3-5 Los Angeles Chargers  come to Jacksonville.  Jaguars will try to end a five-game regular season losing streak, having not defeated the Chargers since 2007.   Chargers are also leading the all-time regular season series with 7 wins and 2 losses, in today's 10th meeting.

NO injuries, and go for win # 6, and stay on track to win the AFC South!  GO JAGUARS!!!!!   Wink   Smile   Cool   Big Grin

http://www.jaguars.com/gameday/game/2017/regular10

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Name hasn't grown on me and is just weird. Probably that nice funky song... San Diego... Superchargers
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2017, 05:44 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

I'm sure Gus knows how to attack our defense and Rivers has a history of just having career days against us. Time for the tide to turn. It will be nice seeing some 4Net for the first time in about a month. This game has me uneasy like the Rams game. We'll make a run at the post season regardless but I am kind of worried about their edge rushers and us being able to slow Gordon down.
No pain, no gain.

Is it officially gameday if its still dark outside?
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Extremely nervous about this game. Yeah I know, different Jags team. Hope they come to play. Let's go JAGS!!!

(11-12-2017, 05:43 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: I'm sure Gus knows how to attack our defense and Rivers has a history of just having career days against us. Time for the tide to turn. It will be nice seeing some 4Net for the first time in about a month. This game has me uneasy like the Rams game. We'll make a run at the post season regardless but I am kind of worried about their edge rushers and us being able to slow Gordon down.

You have prolific edge rushers too, and they have to slow down a superior back. Matchup's even at worst, for Jags. Firmly in their favor, at best.  An exciting Sunday look. Worry? Over things absolutely beyond you. Oh unfootballed literal Brit.

Rams was lost beyond X and O's, deservedly so, contrary to sour grapes we should be 7-1s. Just like the Jets absolutely tested and taunted the run D and BB for an earned W. You are what you are. Fixes have been made at both run D and QB since Jets. Rams was beyond pencil. Enjoy the game. Go Jags.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2017, 07:33 AM by Achilles.)

(11-12-2017, 05:43 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: I'm sure Gus knows how to attack our defense and Rivers has a history of just having career days against us. Time for the tide to turn. It will be nice seeing some 4Net for the first time in about a month. This game has me uneasy like the Rams game. We'll make a run at the post season regardless but I am kind of worried about their edge rushers and us being able to slow Gordon down.

I'm not sure why you're worried about gus knowing our defense. If anything, we have a lot more tape on his defense than he does on ours.

Marrone and Hackett know Bradley's defense way more than he knows our offense or our defense. I  think the jaguars have the edge there.

I'm also not worried about Gordon. Our run defense is definitely better with dareus, but it was ranked dead last with the help of 2-3 huge runs, that skewed the metrics. Gordon isn't good enough, behind a good enough offensive line for me to really think he might explode.

I feel like this is one of the biggest games the jaguars have played in a while. Let's see if the young guys are ready for it.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I’ll be driving west on I-10 during the game. Wish I could listen to it but the league has everything clamped down so tight that my game following will be occasional glances at NFL.com.

I am also very worried about this game, due to the possibility of not having 3 starting offensive linemen.

(11-12-2017, 07:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I am also very worried about this game, due to the possibility of not having 3 starting offensive linemen.

I wonder how long until we know who is playing and who is out?

Hah!....gus couldn't do squat when he was here.....what makes you think he's changed?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Dropping in to say GO JAGUARS! 

Sadly I won't be able to follow the game here in real time due to a last minute thing I have to attend this afternoon. I look forward to reading what everyone has to say when I get on here this evening. Hopefully I won't be spoiled with the final score before I can get on here. You guys posting here are my commentary for the games since I can't actually watch them and mostly enjoy what you share (the bickering regarding Bortles the Great vs the Bortles Hate gets tiresome.)

I can't wait to read how we finally dominated Rivers! Here's to a clean, fun game with no injuries on both sides and a Jaguars win!

I'm a bit worried about this game as well. I know we have the ability to beat them, but we're going to need to bring our A-game and play mistake-free football.
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(11-12-2017, 08:17 AM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(11-12-2017, 07:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I am also very worried about this game, due to the possibility of not having 3 starting offensive linemen.

I wonder how long until we know who is playing and who is out?

I think it will be a game-time decision.

[Image: 1yuyal.jpg]

[Image: 1w0p6i.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'm not worried about this game at all.
My gut says we smash the chargless girls

"I wonder how long until we know who is playing and who is out?"

11:30 AM

Good morning Jags Nation! Hoping for a good game and no injuries. A Jaguar win would be nice also, time to end Rivers win streak. Go Jags!!!!

Watching my jaguars play today from Canada, no matter where you live, no.matter how you watch you can still bleed Teal! Go Jags. Win this one and officially start the streak of the 2nd half of the season.
Jags 4 Life

Not sure why the narrative of Gus Bradley knowing the Jags defense keeps coming up. Yes, I know he built a foundation but if you watch, the schemes are completely different. Wash himself has come out numerous times and stated this is a completely different defense. I'm sure, just like all defenses there are similarities but they are not so intertwined to think the chargers have a bit of an advantage. And like the tinhorns of old, they have TWO strong defensive players, whereas the Jags entire front is bullying. Heck, the entire D plays the bully! If you strictly go by the stats you can be led to believe these teams match up well but if you've watched the games, this is not a good match for the chargers at all. The Jags fan in me is a bit concerned because of our inconsistent history, but the football player in me says this has beat down potential.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]