Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jon Gruden Interested In Titans Head Coaching Job

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-12-2017, 07:15 PM)MariGOATa Wrote: http://tenntruth.com/2017/11/12/tennessee-titans-report-says-gruden-interested-titans-job/

Funny how every time he is near a contract extension, rumors about him going back to coaching pop up. I imagine this will help him get paid, just like usual.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Anything to get this blowhard out if the booth.

Interested in a job that's not even open.... If he's coming back he's going to UT or Tampa.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I hope he gets it

This is kind of the football equivalent of Gruden driving to the stadium and changing the name on Mularkey's parking space without anyone's knowledge or permission.

I’ve heard Marrone’s name mentioned as a possible replacement for Butch Jones
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(11-13-2017, 05:34 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: I’ve heard Marrone’s name mentioned as a possible replacement for Butch Jones

That's pretty unlikely.  Tennessee will most likely find another inept coach to run that program even further into the ground.  It's what they do.

Maybe Jeff Fisher wants to take over rocky top. You should start a bring back the mullet campaign.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(11-13-2017, 07:01 PM)FBT Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 05:34 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: I’ve heard Marrone’s name mentioned as a possible replacement for Butch Jones

That's pretty unlikely.  Tennessee will most likely find another inept coach to run that program even further into the ground.  It's what they do.

Maybe Jeff Fisher wants to take over rocky top.  You should start a bring back the mullet campaign.

I don't see how Marrone even gets mentioned in this conversation. His NFL team is on the path to the playoffs. Let's go coach for a terrible SEC team!

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 02:14 PM by unf_nashvillian.)

He was at UT at one time and they interviewed him prior to hiring Jones. Jimbo Fisher also reportedly being considered.

(11-13-2017, 07:01 PM)FBT Wrote:

Maybe Jeff Fisher wants to take over rocky top.  You should start a bring back the mullet campaign.

Ooooh good one.  Kinda like what the Gaytors have been doing lately?  Jones wasn't the final answer for UT, but he did improve the program.  Kiffin and Dooley heavily damaged the program, but Butch has helped.  Now just need to find someone to take the next step.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Why you want to go trolling us with a comment like that unf?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 07:54 PM by unf_nashvillian.)

(11-14-2017, 06:11 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Why you want to go trolling us with a comment like that unf?

Just reporting what I've heard on sports radio.  Most of those guys are blowhards, but it's still interesting to discuss the what-ifs, no? It's not totally crazy...he did interview for the HC job when they hired Jones, and he was on the UT staff at one point.

And the way the Jaguars season is shaping up....who in their right mind would let Marrone even take a step towards the door. Certainly not The Khan.....he can match $$$ with anybody.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

UT has a football program?
Huh

(11-15-2017, 09:16 AM)Monty Wrote: UT has a football program?

It's a very terrible one.

But they'll always have the Body Farm. Yay.

(11-14-2017, 02:12 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: He was at UT at one time and they interviewed him prior to hiring Jones.  Jimbo Fisher also reportedly being considered.

(11-13-2017, 07:01 PM)FBT Wrote: That's pretty unlikely.  Tennessee will most likely find another inept coach to run that program even further into the ground.  It's what they do.

Ooooh good one.  Kinda like what the Gaytors have been doing lately?  Jones wasn't the final answer for UT, but he did improve the program.  Kiffin and Dooley heavily damaged the program, but Butch has helped.  Now just need to find someone to take the next step.

What's the next step?  Winning an SEC game?

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2017, 04:23 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I didn't realize a first place team like the Titans were looking to can their head coach.

In other news, I wouldn't mind being the head coach of the Patriots.

(11-15-2017, 08:26 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: And the way the Jaguars season is shaping up....who in their right mind would let Marrone even take a step towards the door. Certainly not The Khan.....he can match $$$ with anybody.

No need to match dollars. If it comes down to it, just point to his contract and congratulate Marrone on his great year, then tell him how much you look forward to the team being even better in 2018.

I hope the Titans hire Gruden. I think he would kill it at UT, as an NFL head coach he doesn't worry me at all though.

No shot marrone goes to UT. He will be getting some nice bonuses this year, has a chance to renegotiate for a better deal if he continues this kind of success, and he's coaching a team that looks like it's on the verge of being a powerhouse. I'd bet money on marrone staying for at least a few years.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Jim Bob Cooter has been mentioned as a potential candidate as well.  Names from all different directions are mentioned this time of year when it comes to coaching jobs.