Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Unsportsmanlike conduct call in OT

So i rewatched it and i noticed something that the refs didnt...(go figure)...phillip rivers stood over bouye after he hit him...colvin shouldnt have done what he did...but still..should have negated the call

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah, the refs were absolutely terrible. There was a clear bias, maybe not 100% of the time. But its clear they had favored the Chargers.

They could have called it on Ramsey, too. He put his finger in Phillip Rivers' face on that interception.

I don't want to kill these guys' spirit, but there's a fine line and we seem to be stepping over it quite often.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2017, 06:56 AM by JackCity.)

The Lee one was sort of funny looking back at now that we have the W but I was soooo pissed at him

(11-13-2017, 06:46 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: They could have called it on Ramsey, too.   He put his finger in Phillip Rivers' face on that interception.  

I don't want to kill these guys' spirit, but there's a fine line and we seem to be stepping over it quite often.

Can you even call taunting after an overtime TD?

(11-13-2017, 06:55 AM)JackCity Wrote: The Lee one was sort of funny looking back at now that we have the W but I was soooo pissed at him

(11-13-2017, 06:46 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: They could have called it on Ramsey, too.   He put his finger in Phillip Rivers' face on that interception.  

Can you even call taunting after an overtime TD?

No, because the game would have been over. 

On the other hand, if the taunting had been called during the OT TD rather than after the OT TD, I don't know what the penalty would be.

I'm glad it's not just me that thought the refs were awful in this one. So many really poor decisions, I really hope that's the one and only games we see that crew.

The Jags need a little old fashioned TC "taking to" on this taunting thing.

I love the swag and everything, but combined with some bad officiating & some boneheaded football decisions -- those taunting calls nearly cost us the game.

That's unacceptable. Time to reign that stuff in.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2017, 09:12 AM by Caldrac.)

It's a young team with a lot of talent but they need to start growing up and they need to do it fast. If this team wants to compete in the play-offs they can't afford to be giving away premium field position over things that are controllable and avoidable.

With that said. The officiating was pure garbage yesterday. Lee was clearly popped as a defenseless receiver and the flag was thrown. Instead, they picked it up and then issue the penalty on him for dancing like an idiot. At the minimum, you negate the play entirely and repeat the down.

Towards the end of the game when that fumble was picked up and returned for a game winning touchdown. Again, he wasn't touched by a Charger in my mind. I didn't see any clear cut evidence to suggest that he was. And the ruling on the field was a touchdown. It should have been game over right there. Instead, they botch a call once again.

Then lastly. Bouye with what should have been a pick six in overtime to end it for good. At one point he extended his arm with the football in his hands. That little move or gesture was probably the difference with him getting it into the end zone instead of being stopped at the one yard line. In this case, we score, and I believe even if we do get flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct the game is still over since that penalty would only go into effect on the next drive. So either the extra point attempt or kick-off.

Either way. It's over. We won the game. That's all that matters. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. In this case. We were both on defense. But it was nice to see us win despite the poor officiating in this game. And like others have said. I do hope and pray we don't see this crew again. Especially in week seventeen if the division is on the line.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-13-2017, 08:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The Jags need a little old fashioned TC "taking to" on this taunting thing.

I love the swag and everything, but combined with some bad officiating & some boneheaded football decisions  -- those taunting calls nearly cost us the game.

That's unacceptable.  Time to reign that stuff in.

Yeah... I love the fire these guys bring... but don't like getting burned. Lee's taunting was beyond stupid.
Anything directed at Rivers though... man... he deserves it. I've never seen a QB talk so much crap after every play

It might be petty to worry about it, but i'm concerned this team is going to develop a 'reputation' for trash talk that's going to get them in trouble with the refs. I'm glad they're exercising demons this year, and getting back in the other teams' faces, but there's a time to do it and then there's a time not to.

That could be just because I believe in taking teh high road though, and ignoring the other team. Probably one of several reasons why I was not a decent athlete growing up....

(11-13-2017, 09:11 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 08:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The Jags need a little old fashioned TC "taking to" on this taunting thing.

I love the swag and everything, but combined with some bad officiating & some boneheaded football decisions  -- those taunting calls nearly cost us the game.

That's unacceptable.  Time to reign that stuff in.

Yeah... I love the fire these guys bring... but don't like getting burned. Lee's taunting was beyond stupid.
Anything directed at Rivers though... man... he deserves it. I've never seen a QB talk so much crap after every play
Telvin made sure to give him an earful. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Wait wait wait. I am pretty sure some of you called this crap "passion" when I was talking about how Ramsey celebrates the super bowl every time the ball gets over thrown or a WR drops a pass. This "passion" almost lost the game.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(11-13-2017, 09:10 AM)Caldrac Wrote: It's a young team with a lot of talent but they need to start growing up and they need to do it fast. If this team wants to compete in the play-offs they can't afford to be giving away premium field position over things that are controllable and avoidable.

With that said. The officiating was pure garbage yesterday. Lee was clearly popped as a defenseless receiver and the flag was thrown. Instead, they picked it up and then issue the penalty on him for dancing like an idiot. At the minimum, you negate the play entirely and repeat the down.

Towards the end of the game when that fumble was picked up and returned for a game winning touchdown. Again, he wasn't touched by a Charger in my mind. I didn't see any clear cut evidence to suggest that he was. And the ruling on the field was a touchdown. It should have been game over right there. Instead, they botch a call once again.

Then lastly. Bouye with what should have been a pick six in overtime to end it for good. At one point he extended his arm with the football in his hands. That little move or gesture was probably the difference with him getting it into the end zone instead of being stopped at the one yard line. In this case, we score, and I believe even if we do get flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct the game is still over since that penalty would only go into effect on the next drive. So either the extra point attempt or kick-off.

Either way. It's over. We won the game. That's all that matters. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. In this case. We were both on defense. But it was nice to see us win despite the poor officiating in this game. And like others have said. I do hope and pray we don't see this crew again. Especially in week seventeen if the division is on the line.

oh im telling on you,you said the dreaded p-word. its to early to say that word. wait until after browns game,and enjoy the win. please don't say the p-word yet.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(11-13-2017, 09:24 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: Wait wait wait. I am pretty sure some of you called this crap "passion" when I was talking about how Ramsey celebrates the super bowl every time the ball gets over thrown or a WR drops a pass. This "passion" almost lost the game.

Seemed to me like that "passion" thread was more focused on the actions of the players within the rulebook - not the penalties. 

Regardless, I think they'd be wise to reel it in. I'd like to see more focus after the whistle.

(11-13-2017, 09:29 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 09:24 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: Wait wait wait. I am pretty sure some of you called this crap "passion" when I was talking about how Ramsey celebrates the super bowl every time the ball gets over thrown or a WR drops a pass. This "passion" almost lost the game.

Seemed to me like that "passion" thread was more focused on the actions of the players within the rulebook - not the penalties. 

Regardless, I think they'd be wise to reel it in. I'd like to see more focus after the whistle.

It is clear the NFL took note of the Jags players being over the top cocky and now the are being governed on it. 

Rivers clearly "taunted" after the end of his INT
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(11-13-2017, 09:33 AM)Browntrouser Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 09:29 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Seemed to me like that "passion" thread was more focused on the actions of the players within the rulebook - not the penalties. 

It is clear the NFL took note of the Jags players being over the top cocky and now the are being governed on it. 

I think that might be true.   When you get a reputation, the refs start looking for stuff to throw a flag on.

(11-13-2017, 12:14 AM)NoOneBelievesImAJagsFan Wrote: So i rewatched it and i noticed something that the refs didnt...(go figure)...phillip rivers stood over bouye after he hit him...colvin shouldnt have done what he did...but still..should have negated the call

I thought PR gave Bouye a little bit of a kick as he lay out of bounds.....

(11-13-2017, 09:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 09:33 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: It is clear the NFL took note of the Jags players being over the top cocky and now the are being governed on it. 

I think that might be true.   When you get a reputation, the refs start looking for stuff to throw a flag on.
Except the refs have been throwing flags at us for years for things others get away with when the only reputation we had was we sucked.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I was going to quote a couple of posts here so I could look real smart but there's no need, I agree with almost all of them. It surprises me a little that Coach Marrone has had these silly taunting/chippy penalties happen on his watch and I expect he will address it NOW. He acted quickly (I think) with LF27 and landed hard on him.

Also, whoever said TC may get involved is probably right, I can see him kicking the door of the meeting room, coming in all red-faced with steam coming out of his ears.

They HAVE TO get control of this. Imagine what would happen to a Belichick player if he did what Lee and Colvin did? Marrone needs to be as tough. I think he will be.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

It feels like the league is trying to extinguish our Fire- Tame the team, so to say.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~