Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Good morning football just gave us respect. Steve Smith even gave Ramsey props.

(11-13-2017, 10:38 AM)FBT Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 09:53 AM)diehardjagsfaninsocal Wrote: They collectively agreed that we.
The 2017 Jacksonville Jaguars.
Have the ability to win through December and...
Into January.
Steve Smith said Ramsey Boiyee are hands down the best corner combo in NFL.
National recognition feels good!

I however don't feel so good about our chances going forward.
I'm concerned about Leonard.
His performance yesterday leaves me with question marks.
Our O line is basically torn up.
Our wide receiver crew is basically torn up.
Thoughts?
Lots of legit question marks here.
Titans game looming huge on calendar.
Thursday we all should become 1 game Steelers fans....

I don't think Fournette is 100% healthy right now.  He didn't look like it yesterday, and it didn't help that San Diego was selling out to stop the run.  The team abandoned the run almost completely as the game progressed, so it wasn't just Fournette struggling.  I think he'll be fine.  He's got an easy schedule to get right with the next couple of weeks.

Yea he looked really slow yesterday. No burst at all. Maybe rusty and ankle injury all in one.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-13-2017, 12:01 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: If you think 4net or any RB is going to not have days like this you are mistaken. Even Emmitt Smith during his hay day had games of only 30 yards. Chargers are a solid D and they showed it.

Zeke had a game earlier this year with 9 yards, and then has been great but now hes suspended

Fournette had a down game, SD sold out to stop the run, our OL was banged up and played bad

I dont get why people keep saying they are concerned with him, lets also not forget he had not played in 3 weeks, could have been rusty too
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

seems as if we lose offensive creativity (e.g. counter plays, etc.) when fournette is in the game; we go back to the game plan of running fournette into the [BLEEP] of the center and guards.

(11-13-2017, 12:28 PM)BklynJag Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 10:38 AM)FBT Wrote: I don't think Fournette is 100% healthy right now.  He didn't look like it yesterday, and it didn't help that San Diego was selling out to stop the run.  The team abandoned the run almost completely as the game progressed, so it wasn't just Fournette struggling.  I think he'll be fine.  He's got an easy schedule to get right with the next couple of weeks.

Yea he looked really slow yesterday. No burst at all. Maybe rusty and ankle injury all in one.

I saw some bad execution.  I saw plays where the fullback failed to block his man, passed his man and went to block another guy and the first guy made the tackle, and I also saw plays where Fournette decided not to follow the fullback, instead bouncing it outside for a 2 yard loss.  Not to mention, he was playing against an 8 and sometimes 9 man line. 

We must, absolutely must, throw the ball when the other team lines up like that.

(11-13-2017, 03:02 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 12:28 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Yea he looked really slow yesterday. No burst at all. Maybe rusty and ankle injury all in one.

I saw some bad execution.  I saw plays where the fullback failed to block his man, passed his man and went to block another guy and the first guy made the tackle, and I also saw plays where Fournette decided not to follow the fullback, instead bouncing it outside for a 2 yard loss.  Not to mention, he was playing against an 8 and sometimes 9 man line. 

We must, absolutely must, throw the ball when the other team lines up like that.
Jags offense had a bad game. It happens but Jags still won. I think you will see better execution on offense this week.

(11-13-2017, 02:53 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: seems as if we lose offensive creativity (e.g. counter plays, etc.) when fournette is in the game; we go back to the game plan of running fournette into the [BLEEP] of the center and guards.

My thoughts exactly!! The previous two weeks the offense had a lot more balance and didn't rely solely on the run game. First down runs were very obvious yesterday and they only threw on the ball on first down one time in the first 6 drives. I also thought it was pretty evident that Fournette was not healthy as he simply did not look the same as he did before the ankle injury. Ivory has played well the previous two weeks and only had ONE carry yesterday. They need to find a way to get him more involved as well when Fournette is healthy.
Season Ticket Holder - Sec 437

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2017, 04:24 PM by atburg.)

(11-13-2017, 10:51 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 10:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Well, I would love to find out come February.

What makes you think the Jags can't beat the Chiefs? The Jags have shown the ability to beat just about anyone. They can also lose to almost anyone.

Bortles.

With a good QB, sure we can beat the Chiefs, with Bortles I highly doubt it.

The Chiefs have lost to Pitt. ( who we destroyed), Dallas, and Oakland. I love our chances against either of those 2 as well. I would love a list of the 6-7 N. F. C. teams that would beat us.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2017, 04:30 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

did someone say GMF

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

We will be fine. Our patch work OLine has had some success but when you have Bosa and Ingram across from you you're going to have issues. I wasn't high on Bosa going into last years draft but his play makes me think we couldn't have gone wrong with any option we had in 2016. Still glad we took Ramsey tho. Bosa was a one man wrecking crew. Fournette still had some good plays and the effect he can have in the game can open up play action. He made a great play catching out of the backfield and I think Yeldon has shown he is a great option to catch passes out of the backfield too. He may have taken Ivorys spot. There aren't many better defensive fronts aside from the chargers right now. Denzel Perryman also made a huge difference for that front 7. Got Parnell healthy along with CRob and I think we will be fine. Bortles has shown he can manage the game
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(11-13-2017, 04:30 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: did someone say GMF

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

That's immediately the image that comes to mind everytime I hear someone say "Good Morning Football". Gorgeous.

(11-13-2017, 12:01 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: If you think 4net or any RB is going to not have days like this you are mistaken. Even Emmitt Smith during his hay day had games of only 30 yards. Chargers are a solid D and they showed it.

I remember seeing the great Barry Sanders running for like 15 carries for 11 yards.  It happens.  Sometimes the defense has the offensive line's number.  That happened to us yesterday
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 10:53 AM by diehardjagsfaninsocal.)

(11-13-2017, 12:23 PM)JNev Wrote: Jesus we have one game where we can’t run and all of a sudden there are 20 teams better than us and we can’t beat any one good according to some people. We have the NUMBER ONE rushing offense in the NFL. Take a chill pill negative Nancy’s

Haha. That's right

I believe all of our games going forward are going to be hard fought. I just have that feeling.
And I feel we'll win them all. Right into the playoffs

(11-13-2017, 04:21 PM)atburg Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 10:51 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Bortles.

The Chiefs have lost to Pitt. ( who we destroyed), Dallas, and Oakland. I love our chances against either of those 2 as well. I would love a list of the 6-7 N. F. C. teams that would beat us.

Eagles, Panthers, Rams, Seahawks, Saints and Vikings are all tough match-ups for the Jags - especially with our current O-Line problems. 

I'm not saying they "would beat us" but those are all tough gets.

(11-14-2017, 10:55 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 04:21 PM)atburg Wrote: The Chiefs have lost to Pitt. ( who we destroyed), Dallas, and Oakland. I love our chances against either of those 2 as well. I would love a list of the 6-7 N. F. C. teams that would beat us.

Eagles, Panthers, Rams, Seahawks, Saints and Vikings are all tough match-ups for the Jags - especially with our current O-Line problems. 

Agreed. NFC is stout this year.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 12:57 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(11-13-2017, 10:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 10:51 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Bortles.

So the Steelers beat the Chiefs but the Jags can't?

Saying they can't beat a certain team just makes you look stupid. The Jags can beat anyone. Beating the Steelers in Pitt proves that. This defense can stifle anyone. Rams are dropping almost 35 a game and yet this defense held them 13.....

Your whole post makes you look stupid.

It is cute you think Jags can beat anyone, especially after watching the Chargers game.

Just FYI, some teams improve as the season goes on, some teams have horrible games from time to time but I guess that's something that a guy like you can't realize. Believe what you want, you are gonna be disappointed sooner or later.

(11-14-2017, 12:56 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 10:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So the Steelers beat the Chiefs but the Jags can't?

Saying they can't beat a certain team just makes you look stupid. The Jags can beat anyone. Beating the Steelers in Pitt proves that. This defense can stifle anyone. Rams are dropping almost 35 a game and yet this defense held them 13.....

It is cute you think Jags can beat anyone, especially after watching the Chargers game.

Just FYI, some teams improve as the season goes on, some teams have horrible games from time to time but I guess that's something that a guy like you can't realize. Believe what you want, you are gonna be disappointed sooner or later.

Just FYI, we had a pretty bad game offensively but our D did what they do and we won.
If we can win playing so poorly, why can't we be optimistic about our chances of hanging with anyone.

We had Bortles and one of his worst games and beat the squeelers.
I don't think his post makes him look stupid... but maybe I'm alone...

This defense is good enough we CAN beat ANY team.
It isn't that crazy.

(11-13-2017, 10:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So the Steelers beat the Chiefs but the Jags can't?

Lol

You alright man? Seems like you're angry that the Jags are good. If my post makes me look stupid then so be it but I'm pretty sure it's correct. Good try though!

What? When the defense holds teams like they are we aren't out of any game. Not to mention Fournette can really get rolling and take over a game by himself. There are no dominant teams without significant holes in the league right now

His post actually makes sense! Yours just sounds typical,  the same thing in every thread! Still waiting for that 6 or 7 team list of N.F.C. teams we can't beat.

(11-14-2017, 10:55 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 04:21 PM)atburg Wrote: The Chiefs have lost to Pitt. ( who we destroyed), Dallas, and Oakland. I love our chances against either of those 2 as well. I would love a list of the 6-7 N. F. C. teams that would beat us.

Eagles can agree.  Panthers nope... Cam be running for his life.  Rams could of went either way.  Seahawks are not the superbowl team of the past.  Saints rely heavy on TE and our backs of Jack and Smith are two of the fastest and most aware in the league.  Vikings? They keep flip flopping QBS. 

Outside of Bortles we are the second best team in the NFL.  However if left up to Bortles....   Anything can happen.   

Matter of fact on a station out here in new England.  A caller says he's confident the pats can beat anyone.  And not worried bout many.  With Watson out for year.  

And I truly thought to myself while listening.  Better worry bout Jacksonville.  Cause Defense wins Super bowls and Championships.   And honestly even Brady this year.  Be having a hard time with us. 

Cause our guys are not like the falcon s and won't let up all game.   Even if we are up 40 to 0 our guys don't or won't quit or take ya lightly.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags