Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So who admits they left before the end of the game yesterday??

Knowing we had the 3 timeouts I was there til the end.....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I was watching on TV. I almost turned the TV off after the 2nd INT. Glad I didn't. I noticed the crowd disperse after the first INT and I thought "they gonna regret leaving early" then after the 2nd I kinda regretted watching... then OT and the W happened... the roller coaster ride was crazy... and I would have hated to been a fan in the parking lot hearing the crowd noise of an unsuspecting OT win

I didn't.

But only because I was at the Tacks-Bengals game.

I stayed until we blew the second chance to tie it up. At that point I thought it was a wrap. Listened to the rest of the game in the parking lot and then hugged a complete stranger in the parking lot after we won.

Good times.

Stayed to the end. Lots of folks didn't. Their loss.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(11-13-2017, 04:45 PM)Limelight Wrote: Knowing we had the 3 timeouts I was there til the end.....

Good decision.

The Chargers play calling at that point in time was either a reflection of tremendous respect for the Jaguars Defense,  not respecting the Jaguars Offense enough, or both.  I wouldn't want to be in the position of Anthony Lynn and Ken Whisenhunt today.

(11-13-2017, 04:48 PM)Inziladun Wrote: I stayed until we blew the second chance to tie it up. At that point I thought it was a wrap. Listened to the rest of the game in the parking lot and then hugged a complete stranger in the parking lot after we won.

Good times.

.... LOL .... as long as you didn't pull a Harvey Weinstein then all is well.

People look forward to attending a game all week and then leave before the clock strikes :00 in a one possession game with the most fierce defense in the league? Sad.

I left after the 1st pick. No shame, no apologies. After the touchdown drive to tie it up, 2016 Blake showed up in spades. I had zero expectations and I won't lie about it. On the flip side because of where I park and where I live I was home for the coin toss of overtime and did watch on TV the win. I did regret not being there but history was on my side. Won't happen again.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Only reason I kept watching was because we had all our timeouts. Good job on Marrone for that.

It was entertaining to watch those around us. Many bolted after the first INT, but were still in the stadium when we got the ball back, so they scurried back to their seats. Some left after the 2nd pick, but most looked at those timeouts and the way the defense was playing and decided to stick around to the end this time, and they were rewarded for doing so. I figured that for what I pay to attend these games, I'm not bolting early unless it's a blowout loss in a torrential rain storm. Even then I tend to stick around just because the traffic is usually cleared out by the time the game is over.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2017, 07:53 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

I forgot that we had recovered the fumble without having to burn a timeout so we still had all three.  Everyone around me got up and left after the 2nd pick so without thinking I assumed it was over.  As I approached the area under the budzone with everyone surrounding one of the big screens I noticed it was 3rd down for the Chargers and that we had 1 more timeout and minute or so still on the clock so I watched us get the ball back and the tieing FG from there and then hurried back to my seats for overtime.  I was getting close to the exit.  Luckily I didn’t make it.

We stayed!

(11-13-2017, 06:22 PM)jagshype Wrote: Only reason I kept watching was because we had all our timeouts. Good job on Marrone for that.

That’s a great point.  No wasted timeouts because of confusion, lining up wrong, or having the wrong players in the game, like in previous years.  That’s good coaching.  The players are better prepared and know their assignments.

We didn't leave early. I didn't even consider leaving early. My voice was in rough shape this morning.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-13-2017, 06:15 PM)copycat Wrote: I left after the 1st pick.  No shame, no apologies.  After the touchdown drive to tie it up, 2016 Blake showed up in spades.  I had zero expectations and I won't lie about it.  On the flip side because of where I park and where I live I was home for the coin toss of overtime and did watch on TV the win.  I did regret not being there but history was on my side.  Won't happen again.

Yup.  You missed something you will never get back.

(11-13-2017, 06:22 PM)jagshype Wrote: Only reason I kept watching was because we had all our timeouts. Good job on Marrone for that.

That’s a great point.  No wasted timeouts because of confusion, lining up wrong, or having the wrong players in the game, like in previous years.  That’s good coaching.  The players are better prepared and know their assignments.

(11-13-2017, 06:15 PM)copycat Wrote: I left after the 1st pick.  No shame, no apologies.  After the touchdown drive to tie it up, 2016 Blake showed up in spades.  I had zero expectations and I won't lie about it.  On the flip side because of where I park and where I live I was home for the coin toss of overtime and did watch on TV the win.  I did regret not being there but history was on my side.  Won't happen again.
Ouch

Not me. I moved way up since there were a lot of open seats Smile
Here we go again

The only time I have ever left a game early was a preseason game several years ago.  IIRC it was the final preseason game at the half when it was pretty much scrubs playing for both teams.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.