Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chip Kelly to Florida - Rumors heating up

https://www.google.com/search?q=chip+kel...e&ie=UTF-8

OFFENSE AT UF ???   This would be fun !!   

46-7 overall record

33-3 in conference play

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hope not...not a fan of that guy.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-13-2017, 08:04 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I hope not...not a fan of that guy.

How come?
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 10:06 AM by Achilles.)

I've read rumors that go both ways...some say the deal is as good as done, others say they are just vetting him early because he's the only guy without a current coaching job that they're looking at.

I definitely prefer Scott frost if possible, but I wouldn't be upset with Chip Kelly at all. He'll be able to recruit and fix the offense. He will also have access to more defensive talent than he's ever had, but I still hope he brings someone with a good resume to be the defensive coordinator, I wonder if charlie strong would come back to coach the defense.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

UCF just had another $5mm donation to add on to their academic village. They are still raising money for Frost and the assistants. UF may see the writing on the wall there.

I'm not so sure about Kelly. I like Mike Norvell from Memphis. Seems a bit less risky and his offense is pretty darn good.

I’m all for it!

If they hired Chip tomorrow would he take over the coaching duties immediately or would he have to wait till the bowl games (not saying UF will make a bowl)?

(11-14-2017, 11:40 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: I’m all for it!

If they hired Chip tomorrow would he take over the coaching duties immediately or would he have to wait till the bowl games (not saying UF will make a bowl)?

It would be pretty unheard of for him to step in immediately and coach a bowl game.

In all honesty he'd be better off hitting the recruiting trail immediately (depending on ncaa rules) and doing as much as he can.

UF ain't gettin no bowl game lol
Gators are bad right now... I didn't want to admit it, but the last couple weeks have me giving up on UF and all-in on the Jags.
I barely even watch Saturdays outside of checkin in on playoff caliber teams... for "scouting" mostly.

Getting Chip would be a homerun. Instant recruiting boost and you'd finally get good QB play.

(11-14-2017, 11:54 AM)UCF Knight Wrote:

It would be pretty unheard of for him to step in immediately and coach a bowl game.

In all honesty he'd be better off hitting the recruiting trail immediately (depending on ncaa rules) and doing as much as he can.

Completely agree with this.

I'd love to see an exciting offense again. Chip will haul in the talent.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Scott Stricklin‏Verified account 22h22 hours ago
Replying to @Jasonthemason42 @BreakoutAnalyst
There is a lot of bad (i.e. incorrect) info out there, but this is a whole other level of bad info.

For what it's worth, this is Stricklin's reply to some people who said Chip Kelly was all but a done deal to UF just yesterday.

(11-14-2017, 04:41 PM)Upper Wrote: Scott Stricklin‏Verified account  22h22 hours ago
Replying to @Jasonthemason42 @BreakoutAnalyst
There is a lot of bad (i.e. incorrect) info out there, but this is a whole other level of bad info.

For what it's worth, this is Stricklin's reply to some people who said Chip Kelly was all but a done deal to UF just yesterday.

Who?  Kelly is going to Florida

Prosser cited a report where Kelly's deal is for potentially 6 years, and a big sack of money to hire top flight assistants.
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(11-14-2017, 11:54 AM)UCF Knight Wrote:

This is the primary reason UF is moving quickly to fill the vacancy.  They want to have a coach in place who can get right into the recruiting process to minimize the bleeding.

The concerns about Kelly's past NCAA violations at Oregon need to be properly vetted in this process.  Still, it would be an interesting hire by UF, and potentially a good landing point for Kelly.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

On the Buddy Martin Radio Show, Steve Spurrier noted that he believes the Gators will have “an excellent coach here in 3-4 weeks,” and then added; “The coach is with his team now. The coach we’re going to hire is probably, I would almost 100 percent say is coaching his team today, this weekend, and through the end of the season, and maybe through the bowl game.”

(11-13-2017, 08:04 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I hope not...not a fan of that guy.

Yeh, but let's face it.  There's only 1 shark rider, and unfortunately, he isn't coming back.

[Image: cd41b08c9472233c7a2c107323a5f035.png]

plz hire this man, I been screaming for him since before Mac was fired

Proven winner and proven great offense

Give him the FL speed in recruiting look out
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2017, 02:42 PM by Monty.)

(11-15-2017, 01:11 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Yeh, but let's face it.  There's only 1 shark rider, and unfortunately, he isn't coming back.

[Image: cd41b08c9472233c7a2c107323a5f035.png]

What the..
Huh

It's pretty much everywhere now reporting that Stricklin wants to move fast and lock up chip, but Spurrier wants frost, and frost said he isn't taking offers until December.

This could get ugly.

(11-15-2017, 03:22 PM)Achilles Wrote: It's pretty much everywhere now reporting that Stricklin wants to move fast and lock up chip, but Spurrier wants frost, and frost said he isn't taking offers until December.

This could get ugly.

When did Spurrier become the Athletic Director?  I must have missed that.