Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chip Kelly to Florida - Rumors heating up

(11-20-2017, 03:57 PM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 09:06 AM)Achilles Wrote: Sources aren't what they used to be. There's going to need to be a "SNOPES" for this kind of thing soon.

Everybody wants to be first, so must of what comes out now is a guess.  Some may be an educated guess, but still a guess.

Like they knew the Florida plane flew to see him so its easy to say my sources say Florida is about to say Florida is about to sign Chip Kelly because there's a solid chance it could happen....BUT, like last night proved you could also look like an idiot.  Your guess turned out completely wrong and instead of being a trusted guy you have egg on your face and nobody should ever trust you again.

Yeah except I'm not an insider and I was posting based on fodder from different reports on social media from these guys who call themselves insiders. All good regardless because it's annoying to keep up with when even trusted sources are throwing poop at the wall. I'll just wait for the official releases now so I don't get excited for nothing.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-20-2017, 04:11 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 03:57 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: Everybody wants to be first, so must of what comes out now is a guess.  Some may be an educated guess, but still a guess.

Like they knew the Florida plane flew to see him so its easy to say my sources say Florida is about to say Florida is about to sign Chip Kelly because there's a solid chance it could happen....BUT, like last night proved you could also look like an idiot.  Your guess turned out completely wrong and instead of being a trusted guy you have egg on your face and nobody should ever trust you again.

Yeah except I'm not an insider and I was posting based on fodder from different reports on social media from these guys who call themselves insiders. All good regardless because it's annoying to keep up with when even trusted sources are throwing poop at the wall. I'll just wait for the official releases now so I don't get excited for nothing.
I didn't mean you, I meant the guys on Twitter that use the "my sources" angle.  Most of these people have zero sources, they make things up and hope it sticks.

I used to have "sources" with the Jags and really it was friends of people that worked in the building and sometimes news would trickle to me before it would hit the public.  I'd hear it about a half hour before it was public.  It was kind of cool to hear those kind of things, but in the real world it wasn't that big of a deal.  The guy that breaks that story is really only ahead of the school releasing the information by about 15 minutes.

(11-20-2017, 04:43 PM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 04:11 PM)Achilles Wrote: Yeah except I'm not an insider and I was posting based on fodder from different reports on social media from these guys who call themselves insiders. All good regardless because it's annoying to keep up with when even trusted sources are throwing poop at the wall. I'll just wait for the official releases now so I don't get excited for nothing.
I didn't mean you, I meant the guys on Twitter that use the "my sources" angle.  Most of these people have zero sources, they make things up and hope it sticks.

I used to have "sources" with the Jags and really it was friends of people that worked in the building and sometimes news would trickle to me before it would hit the public.  I'd hear it about a half hour before it was public.  It was kind of cool to hear those kind of things, but in the real world it wasn't that big of a deal.  The guy that breaks that story is really only ahead of the school releasing the information by about 15 minutes.

Yeah I agree with you there. Is 15 minutes really worth your credibility? I guess if you've got a high percentage of being right, you can risk being too quick and possibly being wrong sometimes...but idk.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(11-20-2017, 02:19 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Why is that? Kelly is an east coast guy

Just because he coached at Oregon doesnt mean he is west coach.

He did coach the Niners too, to be fair.

So Jeff and Dan on 1010 this morning are now saying UF is waiting to announce it on Sunday. Basically they can't announce until after their season is over because if he's hired in season he loses out on $5mm from the 49ers. I kind of understand that clause in a persons contract with another team. The 49ers would pay him the $5mm as long as he wasn't coaching another team. Basically he's working for ESPN and getting paid by the 49ers.

Pretty good gig.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2017, 10:54 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(11-21-2017, 09:54 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: So Jeff and Dan on 1010 this morning are now saying UF is waiting to announce it on Sunday.  Basically they can't announce until after their season is over because if he's hired in season he loses out on $5mm from the 49ers.  I kind of understand that clause in a persons contract with another team.  The 49ers would pay him the $5mm as long as he wasn't coaching another team.  Basically he's working for ESPN and getting paid by the 49ers.  

Pretty good gig.

That makes sense but it does create a delay for him to consider other offers; although, if he were to do that you probably don't want him here anyway.

Also, waiting until Sunday keeps his record vs FSU at 0-0 instead of 0-1 if they were to name him the head coach today ---ha !!   I know it doesn't work that way..... 

(11-20-2017, 05:59 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 02:19 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Why is that? Kelly is an east coast guy

Just because he coached at Oregon doesnt mean he is west coach.

He did coach the Niners too, to be fair.

That doesnt make him a west coast guy, he's from NH most of his relationships are on the east coast outside of the ones made at Oregon, he took the 49ers job because they were the team that offered him a job.
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(11-21-2017, 12:03 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: That doesnt make him a west coast guy, he's from NH most of his relationships are on the east coast outside of the ones made at Oregon, he took the 49ers job because they were the team that offered him a job.

They were one of the teams, but he also very controversially accepted then spurned the Tampa Bay job before accepting the San Fran one so he chose west coast over Florida once before.

(11-21-2017, 10:53 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 09:54 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: So Jeff and Dan on 1010 this morning are now saying UF is waiting to announce it on Sunday.  Basically they can't announce until after their season is over because if he's hired in season he loses out on $5mm from the 49ers.  I kind of understand that clause in a persons contract with another team.  The 49ers would pay him the $5mm as long as he wasn't coaching another team.  Basically he's working for ESPN and getting paid by the 49ers.  

Pretty good gig.

That makes sense but it does create a delay for him to consider other offers; although, if he were to do that you probably don't want him here anyway.

Also, waiting until Sunday keeps his record vs FSU at 0-0 instead of 0-1 if they were to name him the head coach today ---ha !!   I know it doesn't work that way..... 

He may have actually already signed the contract though.  That rumor is out there.

I actually was the judge on ETN this morning.  I won two tickets to Rockville, so pretty good takeaway.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2017, 07:41 AM by Monty.)

(11-21-2017, 01:33 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: He may have actually already signed the contract though.  That rumor is out there.

I actually was the judge on ETN this morning.  I won two tickets to Rockville, so pretty good takeaway.

Winner Jeff...Winner Dan....*insert snarky comment from Jeff/Dan*
Huh

It's going to be fun watching Chip Kelly fail.

None of Chip Kelly's teams would ever have beaten Alabama.. and he won't be able to recruit as well as Saban. He's such an arrogant guy, he thinks he will be able to win with 3 star recruits like he did at Oregon.

Oregon's facilities are 20 times better than Florida and they still couldn't get consistent 4-5 stars.

Get ready for more mediocrity, Gator Fans

Darren Heitner‏Verified account
Sources: Chip verbally agreed to Florida before South Carolina game & Florida has been vetting dozens of assistant candidates.
Chip signed an agreement with Florida on Sunday. Agreement includes window for Chip to back out of deal. Hence UCLA talks.

---------------------------------------------------------

This sounds eerily similar to how Tampa Bay got played by Chip before he went to the Niners.

(11-22-2017, 11:36 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: It's going to be fun watching Chip Kelly fail.

None of Chip Kelly's teams would ever have beaten Alabama.. and he won't be able to recruit as well as Saban. He's such an arrogant guy, he thinks he will be able to win with 3 star recruits like he did at Oregon.

Oregon's facilities are 20 times better than Florida and they still couldn't get consistent 4-5 stars.

Players are going to line up to play for Chip man. Florida speed mixed with how chips runs an offense is dangerous. 

He'll probably have a competent QB there aswell for the first time in forever.

I completely disagree. Chip would be working with a talent pool and recruits that he wouldn't have sniffed at Oregon and even UCLA wouldn't bring in as much talent.

He's a big name guy that's respected among student athletes, combine that with the reputation of Florida and the SEC....Chip won't be working to win with 3 star recruits anymore.

(11-22-2017, 12:50 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-22-2017, 11:36 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: It's going to be fun watching Chip Kelly fail.

Players are going to line up to play for Chip man. Florida speed mixed with how chips runs an offense is dangerous. 

So why didn't they come play for him at Oregon with much, much, much (I'm telling you it's not even remotely close) better facilities.

Saban will outrecruit him. All. Day. Long.

(11-22-2017, 02:48 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-22-2017, 12:50 PM)JackCity Wrote: Players are going to line up to play for Chip man. Florida speed mixed with how chips runs an offense is dangerous. 

So why didn't they come play for him at Oregon with much, much, much (I'm telling you it's not even remotely close) better facilities.

Because it's Oregon. The base of Oregon recruiting is the west coast. 

Obviously Saban will out recruit him. He does it to everyone. That doesn't mean Kelly will be bad at recruiting. He'll end up with a ton of talent.

(11-22-2017, 04:54 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-22-2017, 02:48 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:  So why didn't they come play for him at Oregon with much, much, much (I'm telling you it's not even remotely close) better facilities.

Because it's Oregon. The base of Oregon recruiting is the west coast. 

Obviously Saban will out recruit him. He does it to everyone. That doesn't mean Kelly will be bad at recruiting. He'll end up with a ton of talent.

Also, how many of these young kids wanna go live in Oregon vs sunny Florida?

Frank Frangie refutes most of the rumors and predicts UCLA

http://gridironnow.com/comfort-level-chip-kelly-ucla/

Kelly's going to UCLA

Florida got Tampa'd.