Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Suspected Pedophile Roy Moore

What's everyone's stance on republican senate candidate Roy Moore?  I've seen alot of republicans defending him for some odd reason.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My Koerig is safe.

He belongs in prison.

Has there been any actual evidence? The timing is peculiar.

(11-13-2017, 08:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Has there been any actual evidence? The timing is peculiar.

I don't think the timing is peculiar at all. There have been rumours for several years and once they have a story with enough sources and evidence they release it when it will have maximum effect i.e when Moore is running for something important

(11-13-2017, 08:34 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 08:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Has there been any actual evidence? The timing is peculiar.

I don't think the timing is peculiar at all. There have been rumours for several years and once they have a story with enough sources and evidence they release it when it will have maximum effect i.e when Moore is running for something important

So, you are cool with women withholding rape accusations for decades until their abuser is running for something important?

I'm not supporting the guy, but the whole thing seems weird.

seems off, especially when you hear from various colleagues over the years who have seen or heard of nothing. Looks like people trying to capitalize on all the sexual misconduct in the news to steal an election. Alabama voters don't seem to be buying it and the republicans who are calling for his head all seem to have an anti trump sentiment. Add in the fact that the washington post was caught trying to pay people to make accusations against him and that one of the accusers worked directly for the opposition seemed to have political reasons to gain.

Innocent until proven guilty, just stinks of made up nonsense. If there is proof then ya force a resignation or condemn him, but this seems more like a journalistic hit job designed for a specific outcome.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(11-13-2017, 08:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 08:34 PM)JackCity Wrote: I don't think the timing is peculiar at all. There have been rumours for several years and once they have a story with enough sources and evidence they release it when it will have maximum effect i.e when Moore is running for something important

So, you are cool with women withholding rape accusations for decades until their abuser is running for something important?

I'm not supporting the guy, but the whole thing seems weird.
Nah not exactly as it can lead to much more backlash as is expected.  I get why it's done but think it only serves to add suspicion. 

In Roy Moores own words recently he "doesn't dispute" he used to date girls as young as 16 when he was in his 30s. (16 being the age of consent in Alabama do nothing wrong there).  

So at very least we know he was a guy in power with a taste for women much younger than himself.

Probably best to change the title to "Suspected pedophile"

I would love to believe these women are telling the truth because I have a harder time coping with the possibility a human being could tell such a lie for the sake of politics.

Or it is amazing what happens when someone is actually vetted by someone outside of 'bama.

(11-13-2017, 08:55 PM)JackCity Wrote: Probably best to change the title to "Suspected pedophile"

The correct term is ephebophile.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-14-2017, 12:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 08:55 PM)JackCity Wrote: Probably best to change the title to "Suspected pedophile"

The correct term is ephebophile.

I stand corrected. 

That term needs to get used alot more. Never heard it before. Slightly difference

The "me too" thing has become a witch hunt where unsubstantiated claims are ruining lives and ending careers. If Moore did any of what he's accused of, he'll get what's coming to him. If he didn't, well, wouldn't you expect to see his legal team much more vigorously attacking those who are making claims against him?

didn't the article say he never had sex with any of these girls? He dated girls as young as 16 from what I understand? I'm in my 30's and can't stand girls in their teens at this point can't imagine wanting to date one much less, definitely causes you to question his judgement in the least.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(11-14-2017, 06:58 AM)EricC85 Wrote: didn't the article say he never had sex with any of these girls? He dated girls as young as 16 from what I understand? I'm in my 30's and can't stand girls in their teens at this point can't imagine wanting to date one much less, definitely causes you to question his judgement in the least.

The Golden Rule of Dating: (X/2)+7 where X is your current age. 

Full disclosure, I dated an 18 year old when I was 30. We met her Freshman year of college when I went back to finish my degree. We ran in the same circles at school because of our classes and had some fun, but it couldn't last; we were too different. There was also a ton of social pressure from her family and off campus friends to end it. Since then I've lived by the Rule, but it matters less as you get older. No one really cares if you're 55 and she's 35. It also has significantly less of a stigma if she's 30 and he's 18.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Alabama is the most backward state in the union. It's inconceivable that a person who was twice removed from the bench for refusing to abide by US Supreme Court rulings, even though he was a judge who had sworn to uphold the Constitution, who has said that the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center was a punishment from God, and now has one woman after another going on the record saying he sexually assaulted them, would ever get within 9 miles of a US Senate seat. But- it's Alabama. A bunch of uneducated, gullible people.

(11-14-2017, 11:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Alabama is the most backward state in the union.  It's inconceivable that a person who was twice removed from the bench for refusing to abide by US Supreme Court rulings, even though he was a judge who had sworn to uphold the Constitution, who has said that the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center was a punishment from God, and now has one woman after another going on the record saying he sexually assaulted them, would ever get within 9 miles of a US Senate seat.  But- it's Alabama.  A bunch of uneducated, gullible people.

I hate that word, uneducated. Some of the most educated people I've ever met were also the dumbest and most lacking in common sense.

Intelligence is much more rare and elusive than education. Any moron can get educated, that doesn't make their opinion any more valid; just look at "educated" people's voting habits. They vote according to what the main stream media tells them, because in their university setting they were indoctrinated to believe that the media is totally unbiased and only reports the truth. Education seems to breed more sheep than it does independent thinkers.

(11-14-2017, 11:06 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 11:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Alabama is the most backward state in the union.  It's inconceivable that a person who was twice removed from the bench for refusing to abide by US Supreme Court rulings, even though he was a judge who had sworn to uphold the Constitution, who has said that the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center was a punishment from God, and now has one woman after another going on the record saying he sexually assaulted them, would ever get within 9 miles of a US Senate seat.  But- it's Alabama.  A bunch of uneducated, gullible people.

I hate that word, uneducated. Some of the most educated people I've ever met were also the dumbest and most lacking in common sense.

Intelligence is much more rare and elusive than education. Any moron can get educated, that doesn't make their opinion any more valid; just look at "educated" people's voting habits. They vote according to what the main stream media tells them, because in their university setting they were indoctrinated to believe that the media is totally unbiased and only reports the truth. Education seems to breed more sheep than it does independent thinkers.

Apparently, "independent thinking" equals, "I believe what I want to believe, and anything else is a lie."

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 12:54 PM by Adam2012.)

Hey, that Steve Bannon can really pick 'em, can't he!

We already knew Moore is a loon. Now we know he's a sleazy, perhaps criminal, loon.

We seem to be close to reaching critical mass regarding those who think he should withdraw. But with Bannon being involved I'll be shocked if Moore withdraws. Sure, he hurts the Republican brand, but that's what Bannon wants. Breitbart is known for backing creeps and idiots, so what's one more. So to speak.

Want to bet your house that he doesn't win? I'm guessing that those good evangelicals vote for the pedophile.

Hey now! I live in north Florida (Jacksonville) - i.e., south Georgia - which isn't that far or different than Alabama. So, be careful. 

But the FBC has been losing influence over time, so there is hope.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

I've always been attracted to much younger women and I'm 46. They have to be over 18 though! That can't even be argued. I don't care what the age of consent is in his backwards state. Eighteen is considered an adult. Anything less than that and you are dating a child. This guy was apparently cruising malls and high schools. That's creepy. According to one report he was even banned from one mall, because he was making teenage girls uncomfortable. How did this guy get so far in politics? Someone didn't do their job vetting this guy.