Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which NFL/NFC South Team Will Win Tonight's Thursday Night Football Game In Tampa Bay?
Atlanta Falcons
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
[Show Results]

***Official Falcons @ Buccaneers Thursday Night Football Game Thread***

Hi, Jaguars fans! Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons visit Jamie's Winston and the Buccaneers for Thursday Night Football with kickoff at 8:25PM Eastern Standard Time. GO BUCCANEERS!!! http://www.nfl.com/Tnf

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2016, 02:55 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Even though "anything can happen on Thursday" I don't see how Tampa Bay can win this one. Atlanta is legit. I will watch as long as it is entertaining.

GO BUCCANEERS!

Quote:Even though "anything can happen on Thursday" I don't see how Tampa Bay can win this one. Atlanta is legit. I will watch as long as it is entertaining.

GO BUCCANEERS!

Tampa has already beaten the "legit" Falcons. You also said ATL was legit last year at 5-0 when I told you they were garbage.

Don't these Thursday night games tend to benefit the home team? I can't remember one good TNF game and it always seems like the home team wins. Hope that's the case tonight.

Quote:Tampa has already beaten the "legit" Falcons. You also said ATL was legit last year at 5-0 when I told you they were garbage.

Most people thought the Falcons were legit after their fifth win. So when they got their fifth win this season, some people wondered if Atlanta was due for another midseason collapse. It did not happen. Matt Ryan is having the best season in his career and Atlanta finally has a pass rush. The Falcons may be overrated, but only a Panthers, Buccaneers, or Saints fan would call them garbage.

Quote:Don't these Thursday night games tend to benefit the home team? I can't remember one good TNF game and it always seems like the home team wins. Hope that's the case tonight.

Interesting thought, but I highly doubt the NFL could have predicted a Jaguars loss at Tennessee. It is misleading.

Traveling on a short week is probably one reason visiting teams lose on Thursday nights.

Quote:Most people thought the Falcons were legit after their fifth win. So when they got their fifth win this season, some people wondered if Atlanta was due for another midseason collapse. It did not happen. Matt Ryan is having the best season in his career and Atlanta finally has a pass rush. The Falcons may be overrated, but only a Panthers, Buccaneers, or Saints fan would call them garbage.

What do you mean it hasn't happened? They've lost 2 out of 3 and the one win was a one point win at home over a bad Green Bay team. This is the same Falcons we all know and love.

Quote:What do you mean it hasn't happened? They've lost 2 out of 3 and the one win was a one point win at home over a bad Green Bay team. This is the same Falcons we all know and love.

I said did not, past tense. Last season, Atlanta started 5-0 and then had a very bad losing streak. I can't explain it.

Green Bay is not a bad team. A lot of Packers were inactive on Sunday. RB and CB injuries have been hurting Green Bay for weeks. I did not expect the game to be that close.

Quote:I said did not, past tense. Last season, Atlanta started 5-0 and then had a very bad losing streak. I can't explain it.

Green Bay is not a bad team. A lot of Packers were inactive on Sunday. RB and CB injuries have been hurting Green Bay for weeks. I did not expect the game to be that close.

I would argue that losing 2 out of 3....one a home loss to the Chargers when you were up 17....means it did happen and is still happening

Quote:I would argue that losing 2 out of 3....one a home loss to the Chargers when you were up 17....means it did happen and is still happening

That loss came out of nowhere. I think most people were shocked.

BTW I don't care about the Falcons - never did, never will.

Quote:That loss came out of nowhere. I think most people were shocked.

BTW I don't care about the Falcons - never did, never will.

The only people who were shocked were people who think ATL is legit.

Atlanta is legit, but i dont think that makes them an elite team. I don't believe theyre due for any sort of collapse barring a serious injury but even the best teams are just not very good this season, anyone that isnt the patriots can feasibly lose at any time.

I think Tampa's D is too banged up to have a chance tonight, to be honest. Tampa can still score but I don't think they'll be able to keep up. Unless that crazy TNF stuff keeps happening in favor of the home teams.

Quote:I think Tampa's D is too banged up to have a chance tonight, to be honest. Tampa can still score but I don't think they'll be able to keep up. Unless that crazy TNF stuff keeps happening in favor of the home teams.

Tampa also is banged up at RB. Jameis Winston will be under pressure all night.

Quote:Tampa also is banged up at RB. Jameis Winston will be under pressure all night.

I think you're giving the ATL pass rush more credit than it deserves, to be honest. 

Quote:The only people who were shocked were people who think ATL is legit.

Which was almost everyone.

Quote:I think you're giving the ATL pass rush more credit than it deserves, to be honest. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...buccaneers

4. The Falcons have a pass rush, (Shh, don't tell anyone.) Through half of a full season, Atlanta's defense has tallied 18 sacks, which is one behind the unit's season-long, league-worst total from last year. The Falcons currently rank 12th in the league in sacks, 10th in picks, eighth in forced fumbles and fourth in combined tackles, 

Are they showing this game on local channel 47?

Quote:Are they showing this game on local channel 47?

No, only NFL Network

Quote:No, only NFL Network
dangit